Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
It's like this, The right handed people don't make it easy on the left handed. when they design stuffs, they designed for the right handed people but not the left handed (computer mouse, scissors, etc.) . So the left handed are forced to be right handed. We buy ci and hearing aids because we don't have a choice. It's a hearing world... and right-handed world.

Would it be different if the poll asked something like this:

If a private company found a cure for deafness and FDA (or whatever association that does this sort of thing) wants to approve it so that the procedure can be "on the market" for anyone who wants to cure themselves, are you more likely to write a letter to the FDA saying not to approve it or let it be legal?

No, I wouldn't be inclined to pen said letter.

No, not him. It's you who have an issue with this. And that's fine. Each to his/her own. Still, research will continue with or without your support.

Duh! Didn't I say that in another post? :roll:

Go ahead and defend your friend..as long as he has the same beliefs as you do. Nothing new. Lol

It's like this, The right handed people don't make it easy on the left handed. when they design stuffs, they designed for the right handed people but not the left handed (computer mouse, scissors, etc.) . So the left handed are forced to be right handed. We buy ci and hearing aids because we don't have a choice. It's a hearing world... and right-handed world.

No choice? Hey, it's a hell alot easier to speak over the phone than to text, not to mention much more enjoyable to listen to music or play an instrument. People *want* to buy hearing aids because they see it as beneficial to use one. They choose to have one.

Duh! Didn't I say that in another post? :roll:

Go ahead and defend your friend..as long as he has the same beliefs as you do. Nothing new. Lol

I don't need defending. Your response is typical of those who are confronted with their own words. You chose to attack rather than clarify.

I merely point out that some of your posts don't fit together and you suggest that's a personal problem.

I couldn't care less if your opinion differs from mine. It's hard to tell exactly what you think by your posts.

Ok Dr. Pychologist :)

Koknut..just throwing fancy words around here. That's just me. :lol:

Anyways, sorry for the derailing of the thread...getting back on topic.

Wow!!! I looked at thread with 14 pages in 4 days. Oh man! That is stir up and drama.

Deafness can't be cure. The cochlear implants and hearing aids are not cure for deafness. Just simple to hear. This is use tool to hear sound. I voted "I don't care" It's up to deaf people's culture to cure for deafness or not.

...If you are saying people should accept the fact that they are deaf that sounds defeatist to me. People who would chose tp forgo a cure and remain deaf should be given respect. But people who hope to hear again should be respected as well.
I am saying that NON-deaf people could be more accepting...the audists.

So, for "non-deaf" people who support for the cure on deafness are audist then?
I didn't say that.

The audists are just one example of a group that could be more accepting...quite possibly the group that is least accepting of deafness.

I didn't say that.

The audists are just one example of a group that could be more accepting...quite possibly the group that is least accepting of deafness.

How does this relate to supporting a cure for deafness?

Wirelessly posted (LG-GT365/V10g Teleca/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

kokonut said:
I didn't say that.

How does this relate to supporting a cure for deafness?

If more people accepted deafness as a different way of being, then why would cures be called cures? A cure is a fix.

Back