Do you Rent or Own?

Do you live in?

• Total voters
:yesway:
Ya shoulda done told her that 9 years ago! :lol: She might have 21 years left on a mortgage!

if that was a 30 year mortgage, 11 years left if it was a 20 effectively halfway!
now that's even funnier telling someone thiis via a social internet forum

:lol:

:yesway:

if that was a 30 year mortgage, 11 years left if it was a 20 effectively halfway!
now that's even funnier telling someone thiis via a social internet forum

:lol:

In our country, Grum, most home mortgages are for 30 years....

I own. mortgaged to the tune of A$400,000 (Thats about the same in US Dollars) for a compact 3-bedroom house, But thats West Australia for you. Boom Town - especially for the builders and property developers!

I first started renting in 1996, Council Flat in Walsall, UK. Nice little 1-bedroom flat, but terrible neighbours. Was there 3 years, got burgled twice, my car torched once, and (mistakenly) raided by the drugs squad of the Police once (Once they realised their error they were most apologetic, and even disregarded the cannabis plant I'd been faithfully cultivating on the Kitchen window sill...)

After that episode I bought another 1-bedroom flat in 2002. Finally sold that in 2010, made about 10k from it,which was just enough to cover the loans I'd made against it... There's a moral there..........
When I moved to Australia in 2008 we rented a 2-bedroom unit. Unit was in a decent area, but the landlord just wasn't interested in the property, paint peeling, gas boilers dodgy, bad wiring etc. So constantly getting repairs done... He had 5 or 6 untis and just treated his tenants as cash cows.
So me and my wife were happy when we managed to buy last year.

Just saying Hi! :D

HI!

We just refinanced our house that we bought 5 years ago so instead of 25 years to go, we have 30 years to go. Interest rate is now 4.2% or something like that.

rent an apartment. would like to own, but just do not make enough money so... will have to keep renting until I get more money coming in. Hopefully in a few years.

Renting a house. Saving to put buy some land and build a small cabin on it.

Back