Do you have a gun or shooting question?

I'm thinking of getting the H&K 45c. I won't be getting it right away but it's going to be in my collection soon I hope.

I'm thinking of getting the H&K 45c. I won't be getting it right away but it's going to be in my collection soon I hope.

I dig .45acp. My fav target handgun is a Remington R1 Enhance.

The H&K will be my first .45 so hopefully it'll be a blast (in a nice way). I am planning also to get another 92FS to modify, and the H&K P2000...then I'll be shopping for long guns again...maybe a Winchester 70 or 94.

I did shoot a friends Beretta 92fs. I wanted one right away! But, I do not need another caliber or ammo to buy! Too easy go go broke! :) BTW: I want a lever action in .357mag. That is my next purchase/trade.

Does anyone here practice switching hands? I did yesterday at the range and this is what I noticed:

Dominant hand shooting, non-dominant hand supporting = decent mid-mass group.

Dominant hand shooting, no support = wider grouping.

Non-dominant hand, no support = tightest, best grouping! Not what I expected.

Oh? My range does not allow off hand (single hand) shooting. But I just went and checked their rules, looks like they removed that rule? *fistbump_boom* Will find out soon.

Oh? My range does not allow off hand (single hand) shooting. But I just went and checked their rules, looks like they removed that rule? *fistbump_boom* Will find out soon.
That would be a strange rule.

The outdoor range doesnt allow double tapping ( wants 3 seconds between shot ) stupid rule since no one has full autos
Indoor range allow anything, double tap, rapid fire and full auto is you have a license to own it.

Does anyone here practice switching hands? I did yesterday at the range and this is what I noticed:

Dominant hand shooting, non-dominant hand supporting = decent mid-mass group.

Dominant hand shooting, no support = wider grouping.

Non-dominant hand, no support = tightest, best grouping! Not what I expected.

Maybe you're not able to anticipate the shot with your weak hand?

The outdoor range doesnt allow double tapping ( wants 3 seconds between shot ) stupid rule since no one has full autos
Indoor range allow anything, double tap, rapid fire and full auto is you have a license to own it.
Three seconds?! Why so slow?

Maybe you're not able to anticipate the shot with your weak hand?
My PD seems to affect my right side (dominant side) more than my left. Maybe it's not that my left hand is better but that my right hand has gotten worse?

Still, I've never shot with my left hand before, so I was surprised at how neatly grouped it was for a first try.

Reba, no clue why they inforce that rule at the consevation (outdoor range) they will warn you twice then boot you??? I have shot fast before abd they blow the horn for everyone to stop, then the RO comes over and tells whoever to wait 3 seconds between shots, I mean really, they basically time the shots. Im just enjoying pop pop pop "Honk" Yeah, time to go.
The indoor range they allow you to fire as fast as you can pull the trigger or unload a mag....they dont care as long as youre safe. I got lighted a couple times working with my wife on her form, just because my hand was near her gun ( yeah, Im helping her ! ) standing behind her, reaching around and helping her ( she locks her arms and I tell her not to, and also lays her head over... she right hand/left eye domanant) so she is awkwards with aiming....lol

Reba, no clue why they inforce that rule at the consevation (outdoor range) they will warn you twice then boot you??? I have shot fast before abd they blow the horn for everyone to stop, then the RO comes over and tells whoever to wait 3 seconds between shots, I mean really, they basically time the shots. Im just enjoying pop pop pop "Honk" Yeah, time to go.
The indoor range they allow you to fire as fast as you can pull the trigger or unload a mag....they dont care as long as youre safe. I got lighted a couple times working with my wife on her form, just because my hand was near her gun ( yeah, Im helping her ! ) standing behind her, reaching around and helping her ( she locks her arms and I tell her not to, and also lays her head over... she right hand/left eye domanant) so she is awkwards with aiming....lol
Unbelievable!

I know that the range near me started a 2 second rule for the outdoor range because people where spraying bullets down range, some of wich went over the burm and hit some houses a distance away.

As Johnnyghost said, My outdoor range also has that 2 second rule, which applies to the pistol, 50yrd and 100yrd ranges. They want us to maintain muzzle control so no one shoots over the berm. However we do have "The Pit" for rapid fire, as long as muzzle control is maintained. And similar to Sono, @ pistol range, I got the shoulder tap and was given the "evil eye" a time or 2 by the RO.

As Johnnyghost said, My outdoor range also has that 2 second rule, which applies to the pistol, 50yrd and 100yrd ranges. They want us to maintain muzzle control so no one shoots over the berm. However we do have "The Pit" for rapid fire, as long as muzzle control is maintained. And similar to Sono, @ pistol range, I got the shoulder tap and was given the "evil eye" a time or 2 by the RO.
This outdoor range, they blow a horn ( seriously, like a tugboat horn) and call you out on a loudspeaker. Then the range officer thats walking the beat will come over on his little GI Joe walkie and relay the news... some people feel intimidated by that, others are used to it. I myself dont care for it but safety first I guess.

Back