Do you have a gun or shooting question?

Does anyone here practice switching hands? I did yesterday at the range and this is what I noticed:

Dominant hand shooting, non-dominant hand supporting = decent mid-mass group.

Dominant hand shooting, no support = wider grouping.

Non-dominant hand, no support = tightest, best grouping! Not what I expected.

I've been meaning to try this given that I'm left eye dominant. I think it's important to be able to shoot with either hand well. In martial arts they always say that what you do with your right hand, you should be able to do with your left in case of injury.

Laura

What range rule(s) bothers you most? besides the 2/3 second rule, the no "prone" or "standing" rule at the 50 and 100 yard ranges bites. Must shoot from bench only. How about you all?

The outdoor range we go to closes at dusk. I cannot shoot my .223 tracers.

I know that the range near me started a 2 second rule for the outdoor range because people where spraying bullets down range, some of wich went over the burm and hit some houses a distance away.
Then the houses are too close or the shooters don't know how to aim.

This outdoor range, they blow a horn ( seriously, like a tugboat horn) and call you out on a loudspeaker. Then the range officer thats walking the beat will come over on his little GI Joe walkie and relay the news... some people feel intimidated by that, others are used to it. I myself dont care for it but safety first I guess.
Really? Are all these infractions safety issues? It seems like either that range has a lot of rogue wild shooters that need a tight rein or the range officers are on a power trip.

What range rule(s) bothers you most? besides the 2/3 second rule, the no "prone" or "standing" rule at the 50 and 100 yard ranges bites. Must shoot from bench only. How about you all?
We don't have any of those rules at our outdoor range. Of course, people on their own don't shoot prone when there are other shooters on the range.

Then the houses are too close or the shooters don't know how to aim.

That is exactly the problem. People where spraying bullets like they see in the movies. I agree that the rate of fire was not the issue. As for houses being to close well a 30-06 bullet can travel over 3 miles so I think it's best to just not shoot over the berm.

That is exactly the problem. People where spraying bullets like they see in the movies. I agree that the rate of fire was not the issue. As for houses being to close well a 30-06 bullet can travel over 3 miles so I think it's best to just not shoot over the berm.

Hey, shhh...media will think you can shoot down jetliners w/that.

My outdoor range will reopen mid-late March. Would it be wrong of me to have my range bag at the backdoor and ready to go right now?

I love living in a Free State; I especially love that I live in a Southern State. I got this DB15 with scope and 1k rounds of .223 and all hi cap mags.

I am an official member of the EBR club (evil black rifle)

I love living in a Free State; I especially love that I live in a Southern State. I got this DB15 with scope and 1k rounds of .223 and all hi cap mags.

I am an official member of the EBR club (evil black rifle)

Think mines Eviler....lol

Print it, take to gun range and aim at that picture all you want.

OJ.jpg

Back