Do you have a contingency plan?

A pack of hunting poodles suits me.

:lol: I guarantee you the "the seemingly impersonal/unfair" feeling would be ditched if you are looking at the beginnings of starvation. :lol:

:hmm: ............. :lol:

but really - I feel more comfortable hunting with bow than rifle. I like it. but dang - if a 6-points buck angrily charged toward me.... x_x

:hmm: ............. :lol:

but really - I feel more comfortable hunting with bow than rifle. I like it. but dang - if a 6-points buck angrily charged toward me.... x_x
:lol: Then you 'rassle him down with a headlock like a cowboy!

We have hurricane survival pack together and I am already registered with FEMA in this area regarding help for deaf people and senior citizens.

We have no weapons outside of A good bow and almost no arrows and then the plastic air-soft guns. There are plenty of knives in the house and garage (hunting and such) and we have 17 machetes, freshly sharpened.

We have hurricane survival pack together and I am already registered with FEMA in this area regarding help for deaf people and senior citizens.

We have no weapons outside of A good bow and almost no arrows and then the plastic air-soft guns. There are plenty of knives in the house and garage (hunting and such) and we have 17 machetes, freshly sharpened.

Gator meat, anyone. Why it tastes 'jes like chicken. :lol:

I hope you are good at throwing knives :lol:

Gator meat, anyone. Why it tastes 'jes like chicken. :lol:
We do have lots of them around here. The restaurants serve gator tail (cut into small pieces).

I have no weapons....none at all....no way.....I hope those bad guys don't come in my house......I would be defenseless.

And that concludes todays reading of Br'er Rabbit......Texas style

We do have lots of them around here. The restaurants serve gator tail (cut into small pieces).

Really? Are they different from the gators/crocs of Florida? Assuming you have ordered it before, did you like it? Was it tender?

Really? Are they different from the gators/crocs of Florida? Assuming you have ordered it before, did you like it? Was it tender?

Oh no they are the same....I will try to post pics from my last golf outing at Hilton Head. There is a course at Hilton Head called Shipyard.....Gators are everywhere on that course.

Same gators in SC and FL.

I didn't order it. My grandson did. It was cubed and breaded, like the way they hide squid for calamari. :lol: He said it was tender but not really like chicken. He said it tasted like gator, whatever that means.

Same gators in SC and FL.

I didn't order it. My grandson did. It was cubed and breaded, like the way they hide squid for calamari. :lol: He said it was tender but not really like chicken. He said it tasted like gator, whatever that means.

I eat it grilled......The texture is similar to Chicken......the taste is more gamey....but in a good way

Really? How so?

For me it must be an acquired taste and I have just never liked it. I have tasted it numerous times and never liked it at all. I have tasted it while at the Seminole Indian Reservation, and at a large number of Boy Scout Jamborees here in Florida. (oldest brother is/was an Eagle Scout, don't know if you ever lose that distinction) The Jamborees had gator, armadillo, rattler, and other things that I couldn't even begin to tell you. Couldn't stomach any of it. It's in the same class (IMO) of pickled pigs feet.

We've seriously been looking into solar panels for our electricity. Previously the HOA didn't allow them in our neighborhood but they've changed the covenants.

There are also solar generators that allow you to live "off the grid."

We also have camping equipment, firearms, fishing gear, stored water,and bicycles for short-term emergencies. We know what it's like to live without electricity or water for a couple of weeks since we experienced Hurricane Hugo.

We have a wood-burning stove in our house. It was our only source of heat one winter when our heat pump died the day after Christmas. We try to maintain a good supply of firewood. In the South, that doesn't mean that we need too much. :)

No underground shelters for us. The Lowcountry water table is too high; we don't even have basements.

I made it thru the duck-n-cover 50's-60's.

Reminder: keep a good supply of your prescription meds on hand.

Yes all of those things are very good to have. A contingency plan in the event anything goes FUBAR. A hurricane is the closest thing to how people would react comparatively with an EMP detonation.

Hurricane Katrina taught us that the government will try to disarm you - they did this in New Orleans. It taught us that there will be massive looting and a LOT of violence. Of course, this scenario would be played out where there are large numbers of people.

Having a contingency plan makes something that is "scary" not as scary - but if you don't have a plan - it can be terrifying.

Back