Do you guys embrace your hearing loss/deafness?!

Perhaps I've confused you by bringing up Christmas and wishing.
Just like jillio says, and I do agree 100% with her, there is a reason for everything.
While wishing and wanting are different, I'm desire both.

I've ask more than once, and got no answer, do you want a child born blind? No, No not your OWN child but ANY CHILD. Same thing with a child being born with a missing limb. Do you want ANY CHILD born with a missing limb? Same thing with a child born with a hole in the heart. Do you want ANY CHILD born that way?
We can wish these did not happen to a child and we can WANT these not to happen in the future BUT we know they will because we are humans. Therefore wishing and wanting, as different as they are, are still perfectly logical and good.

rolling, you're assuming that disabilty is bad. It's simply a way of being. Those who are blind/deaf/missing a limb or other disabilties can *GASP* ADAPT to those differences. Yes, there are inabilty disabilties like severe/profound mental disabilty and quadupelgia...but the majority of disabilties can be adapted to and lived with.

Being d/hh isn't life threatening, it's a way of life. :D

rolling, you're assuming that disabilty is bad.

But is it GOOD, too???

Besides, I am not sure if we should assume what another Rolling is assuming here?

Fuzzy

rolling, you're assuming that disabilty is bad. It's simply a way of being. Those who are blind/deaf/missing a limb or other disabilties can *GASP* ADAPT to those differences. Yes, there are inabilty disabilties like severe/profound mental disabilty and quadupelgia...but the majority of disabilties can be adapted to and lived with.

I'm assuming a disability is a disability and nothing more, so don't try to put words in my mouth.

That was not the point. We all are human. That is all there is to it.

And where did I say we aren't????????

besides, while I answer everybody questions and address everyone points, no one addresses mine, hmmm.
Interesting, and typical.

Fuzzy

no reason to, actually

I disagree,
when you accuse someone of not wanting to have their children deaf as "horrible",
call that person "racist" , "audist" telling that person what she/he "assume"
and so on,

then that person absolutely deserves to have to her/his questions answered.

I merely repeated the very same questions for that person for nobody answered as of yer,

and still no answer, only evasiveness.

Fuzzy

As a late-deafened person...I do realize the extent of my loss. For those born deaf, perhaps it's a different story and they adapt better.

Any child that is born, is God's gift. No matter if they're deaf/blind/deformed...whatever. Same as for animals. They deserve all the love and compassion we have to give.

As far as embracing my deafness/hearing loss, it took a very long time. I do not hide it, am upfront about it, and deal with rude comments on the spot!

As far as my child being born deaf.....I know the struggles they will have to go thru in life. Do I wish it upon the child? No....but, it's the way of life, we must deal with what we are dealt, make the most of it and give the child as much love, understanding and education as possible.

I disagree,
when you accuse someone of not wanting to have their children deaf as "horrible",call that person "racist" , "audist" telling that person what she/he "assume"and so on, then that person absolutely deserves to have to her/his questions answered.

I merely repeated the very same questions for that person for nobody answered as of yer, and still no answer, only evasiveness.

When a person is trying to frame the question into _______ perspective the non-_______ have no desire to answer it because it goes against their thoughts/beliefs.

The reason why I left it blank is it pretty much can be filled in with anything. The case right here is the term: audist.

The reason why I left it blank is it pretty much can be filled in with anything. The case right here is the term: audist.

Really? but, like, REALLY ??????

Just because it is one thing to accept what's already happened
and another what is yet to happen,

is it ground to yell out "audist" on the spot?

again, like - REALLY ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Fuzzy

Really? but, like, REALLY ??????

Just because it is one thing to accept what's already happened
and another what is yet to happen,

is it ground to yell out "audist" on the spot?

again, like - REALLY ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Fuzzy

Yup, really. Feel free to take it that way. Obviously I have people who are agreeing with me.

Perhaps I've confused you by bringing up Christmas and wishing.
Just like jillio says, and I do agree 100% with her, there is a reason for everything.
While wishing and wanting are different, I'm desire both.

I've ask more than once, and got no answer, do you want a child born blind? No, No not your OWN child but ANY CHILD. Same thing with a child being born with a missing limb. Do you want ANY CHILD born with a missing limb? Same thing with a child born with a hole in the heart. Do you want ANY CHILD born that way?
We can wish these did not happen to a child and we can WANT these not to happen in the future BUT we know they will because we are humans. Therefore wishing and wanting, as different as they are, are still perfectly logical and good.

Based on this reply, you did not understand the meaning behind "everything happens for a reason.":cool2:

I totally agree. I cringe at the thought that children have to go through what I've gone through.

They don't. They are forced to because of the rampant audism in this country, not because of their deafness. Get rid of audism, and the whole world changes. We don't need to get rid of deafness; we need to get rid of audism.

it not bad thing be deaf. bec you have wonderful deaf community supportive and meeting deaf people same you. deafness not bad but audist is bad. bec they make world very close mind of deafs people and make deaf people feel as not welcome and outcast in world.

I can't say I feel the same way, I was born HOH and got me into a lot trouble with my not very understanding dad!

Well, I was being a bit sarcastic. (My point was really that I have no choice in the matter of my deafness. I was born with it and it is a part of me.) It hasn't been easy to be deaf, but like others have said in this thread, this is not because of deafness, per se, but because of how hearing people deal with deaf people.

As for the hypothesis "wonderful/supporting Deaf" community consider realty. DEAF persons with Cochlear Implants who do not use ASL et al- being "welcomed" without being labelled "audist"?
Could "some members" here fit?

As for the hypothesis "wonderful/supporting Deaf" community consider realty. DEAF persons with Cochlear Implants who do not use ASL et al- being "welcomed" without being labelled "audist"?
Could "some members" here fit?

There are people like that, sorry to break that to you.

Back