Do you guys embrace your hearing loss/deafness?!

Yup, my next HA I'm definitely going with a bolder look. Either a bright color or some crazy pattern. :)

I accept my deafness and never try to hide it.
I just don't want anymore children to be born deaf.

I was thinking the next time I get new earmolds made, I'm gonna go for wild colors :)

I'm fine with my deafness.
I like the fact I'm trilingual because of it. I display my silver HAs with purple earmoulds. :)
I don't give a flying jot what hearie thinks of me because if they judge me based on erroneous assumptions then that's their loss as I won't put up with them.

I am proud to be a part of a community that is bilingual and have worldwide connections.

When I went to Gallaudet University, I made so many friends from all over the world. That is very uniquie in a community and I am proud to be a part of it.

Also, AllDeaf is the same as well.

Wow... I find this sad. How can you accept your own deafness, yet still find it so horrible that children are deaf?

Wow... I find this sad. How can you accept your own deafness, yet still find it so horrible that children are deaf?

I agree. I was rendered speechless at the discrepancy here.

Embrace like wholly maybe, yes and no. Like someone said it is strong a word.
I still would prefer to be able to hear normal because I do value to be able to hear everything like hearies do- TV, movies in theater, music,
my friends talking all at once and all.
I just grew up in this all my life, so.....

part of me however always miss not being given a chance to belong to the deaf and Deaf culture, always regret why was I denied this...
always something pulls me here, and I do feel Deaf even if I know nothing about it. Or very tiny little.

But I am staring to accept totally my own deafness and the fact that I wear HAs and recently I bought the black ones for the first time in my life,
and cut my hair short as I don't give damn anymore who sees them.
on the contrary, I want them to be seen!

Now I am thinking of making my next earmolds something goth terrible :giggle:
one day, one day :)

Fuzzy

omg!!!!!!!! whats the hell matter you???? why you are racism against children born deaf??? my deaf parents very happy when they find out i am deaf full

omg!!!!!!!! whats the hell matter you???? why you are racism against children born deaf??? my deaf parents very happy when they find out i am deaf full

Not racist...but audist.

yes shel90 he is sooo audist!! whats matter?? i want deaf community keeping grows and accept new deaf member

I never said that, so don't even try to put words in my mouth.
I don't want children born blind, do you? I don't want children born with missing limbs, do you? I don't want children born with a hole in their heart, do you?
Yes, children are born these ways but still it is RIGHT for me and everyone else NOT to want it to happen.

I never said that, so don't even try to put words in my mouth.
I don't want children born blind, do you? I don't want children born with missing limbs, do you? I don't want children born with a hole in their heart, do you?
Yes, children are born these ways but still it is RIGHT for me and everyone else NOT to want it to happen.

Only if you are audist. That means you can only emrace one way of living.

i do not understanding what bad about deafness? it weird see some deafs people scare of their children becoms deaf. they gone through that experience of deafness themself

i remember quote I king jordan said about deaf peple can do anything.

Back