Do you go to a gym?

Jellybean

Reaction score
I'm just curious. How many of you out there work out at a gym? I do and I like to use the eliptical and the treadmill.

I haven't go work out at gym for long timee so i think about wanna go back work out at gym again in spring but depend on my mood :)

I'm going to try tae won toe (sp?). I have chronic pain and it's very difficult to exercises except walking for least 15 minutes. Trying to keep my body going instead of being couch potatoe. I get bored easily.

Yes I go to Lifetime Fitness and I do a variety of workouts such as stationery bikes, stairs, eclipse, treadmill, swimming, spinning classes, kickboxing, and weightlifing. I have been trying to get myself back into my old routine so I am doing it slowly cuz my body isnt as young and it takes a while for my body to recover from a hard workout than it used to so I need to take it easy. I love going to the gym...been doing that for 10 years but in the last 3 years I stopped due to working two full time jobs and then having a baby last year so now with only 1 job and baby is older, starting to ease back into my old routine. It is SO HARD!!!

No I havent gone to gym at all. Maybe I will join in spring. who knows!!

In the immortal words of my Hero:

Homer J. Simpson said:
Gym? What's a gym? Oh! A gym!

No, I don't go to one but I should.:whip:

I hit the gym 3-4 times a week. I'm usually in the free weights room. :)

Thread moved.

I do not have membership of gym yet... One day I will join Good Fitness woman club and to get my new membership and also will take my daughter can join w/me for fun excerise.

I need to go back to gym but I am having some problem with gym. I get nause when I see men sweating all over machine and not wipe them off. Turn me off, maybe will join only ladies gym if I can afford them.

I just got back from the gym. I try to go everyday. I used to hate it, but now I love it. I hope I will lose weight this year because of it.

Yes I went to Fitness Studio everyday after work since I joined at 2 weeks ago. I'm not join there to lose my weight but positive my stress where I learn from 5 weeks spa. (I have several classes in spa where I want to stay positive my health - sports, swimming, sauna, etc.).

We went to thermal pool at 2 weeks ago. We really have good fun... We must go there more often... we agreed to go there first week in every month.

At 5 weeks spa, I went sauna every 2 days. The Fitness Studio, where I joined at 2 weeks ago have sauna & solarium. I start to go sauna every Wednesday (ladies sauna at wednesdays only) evening.

I need more execrise since I sit on front of computer for 8 hours a day in the office every day - too little execrise... that's why I decide to postive my health since I got tips from spa.

kickboxing,

I will start on Thursday... It'll be my first time... Is it good?

and weightlifing

I was like :eek3: when a trainer suggested me last Friday to try "Muscle Power" on Monday evening. They laughed when I told her that I don't want to be "Ms Unvisera"... :giggle: She insured me that they won't teach us to become Ms Unvisera but fit, relax etc... I tried it yesterday at "Muscle Power" and like it very much...

I have been trying to get myself back into my old routine so I am doing it slowly cuz my body isnt as young and it takes a while for my body to recover from a hard workout than it used to so I need to take it easy.

Yes... I didn't do with sports for over 23 years but just ride the bicycle, walking during good weather & swimming (not often)... until I got tips from Spa... I realized that I need sports badly to positive my stress... It does really good & helpful, that's why I joined Fitness Studio at 2 weeks. My boys understand that I need it for 2 hours in every day after work. I'm glad that my hubby & boys support me. I'm sure that your hubby will be happy to support you if you want to go gym again to positive your health.

I love going to the gym...been doing that for 10 years but in the last 3 years I stopped due to working two full time jobs and then having a baby last year so now with only 1 job and baby is older, starting to ease back into my old routine. It is SO HARD!!!

You will be surprised that it won't be HARD to join Fitness Studio. You will like it straight way. It would be good if your hubby is happy to support you on this. Only 1 to 2 hours for yourself - like sports, sauna, etc.

I have just join a gym at a Women's Health club only last week. So far, I like the circuit where I can use all the weights machine. They have group fitness class there too where I can just go in to do whatever I like to do as they have about 6-8 different class during the day each day. They even have a bellydancing class too. I am not ready for that yet as my body look a bit like a blimp. :ugh3: They have a boxing class too as well. I think I will enjoy it at this club because of different things I can use and do. I was with Curves for awhile but I got bored with them now because of same routine exercise.

i do join gym because im getting lose of weight but i tried to lose it i must get one!

mostly people always going gym for exercise,lose weight,etc.

Yes, I joined the gym in Aug 06 and still going it helps a lot since then I noticed my clothes fitting big on me and maybe a bikini for summer :giggle: might post it who knows :whistle:

I joined the YMCA gym last fall. I start my routine running on the track, then move to light weights for toning, lastly I soak in a hot tub for sheer pleasure. I wish there was a sauna to detox (sounds marvelous).

I love the YMCA because it has children's programs while mommies exercise. And the memberships are not expensive.

Back