Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ckfarbes
WOOOSP, I MEAN I WON'T BRING MY PERSONAL DISCUSSION UPON THIS THREAD TOPIC .. SORRY !!!!
No worries ck.......One thing I know whenever religion comes up things get heated!!!!!! :D Its even happened to me!!! :D

Originally posted by daveyboy
No worries ck.......One thing I know whenever religion comes up things get heated!!!!!! :D Its even happened to me!!! :D
:werd:

Originally posted by Cain Marko
Yes and No.

I believe that The God exists but people make up a lot of other gods.

Yeah..I agree -- sometimes I just don't understand why the Catholics, Christians, 7th Day Saints, etc...just don't have the same 'God' and attributes, etc.

That's why I'm not practising any religions at this stage. All I believe is a 'God' or Goddess, period...not following any specific religious groups.

to all you people who 'believe' in God. the devil also believes in Him. LUNZ, you were wanting to know where in the Bible 9/11 was predicted, it's in Isaiah 30:25 KJV, the original, correct bible. "ANd there shall be upon every high moutain, and upom every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in teh day of the great slaughter, WHEN THE TOWERS FALL." there is something called the OMEGA PROPHOCIES, where, in and only in the KJV, in certain parts, if you take the third letter in every third word, you get a prophocey of 9/11, and stuff. yes i practice, that there is a God, and if you don't think there is and don't except him into your heart, you will die and go to hell and burn forever. just read from Revelation chapter 6 on to the end, it gives you and outline to what will happen to you in the rapture, a time when God comes back and takes all the saved people. if you need more info, e-mail me at ASLNIKKI1611@AOL.COM.

i go to church every sunday, and wednesday night. pray daily, and love everyone at my church. i witness to people, try to lead the to God, and am a missionary to the deaf. i am going to jamacia next year

Originally posted by ASLnikki
i go to church every sunday, and wednesday night. pray daily, and love everyone at my church. i witness to people, try to lead the to God, and am a missionary to the deaf. i am going to jamacia next year

Since you are so devout to God and the Missionary -- you could get into touch with Mark Wood (deaf, too) as he's currently a minister at the local Maryland church -- haven't got much information on which church, but I used to study Christianity with him in high school. His email address is available, if you're interested - just PM me.

"It does not matter if you believe in God, because God believes in you." --Sylvia Browne

Originally posted by ASLnikki
to all you people who 'believe' in God. the devil also believes in Him. LUNZ, you were wanting to know where in the Bible 9/11 was predicted, it's in Isaiah 30:25 KJV, the original, correct bible. "ANd there shall be upon every high moutain, and upom every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in teh day of the great slaughter, WHEN THE TOWERS FALL." there is something called the OMEGA PROPHOCIES, where, in and only in the KJV, in certain parts, if you take the third letter in every third word, you get a prophocey of 9/11, and stuff. yes i practice, that there is a God, and if you don't think there is and don't except him into your heart, you will die and go to hell and burn forever. just read from Revelation chapter 6 on to the end, it gives you and outline to what will happen to you in the rapture, a time when God comes back and takes all the saved people. if you need more info, e-mail me at ASLNIKKI1611@AOL.COM.

i don't worry about bible's predicted. They look up the bible and make it happened. i dont believe in heaven and hell. Earth is a place of hell. Heaven is forever..earth is not going to dead, but only forever like star trek or star war. that kind of technogloy, we will move on that in future.

LUNZ said:
interesting.... it sound like earth will became to techonlogy or machine planet.

Yeah, it does. Millions of Americans are subjugated to "God". :bowdown:

Briton said:
Yeah, it does. Millions of Americans are subjugated to "God". :bowdown:

this is good examples. Nature created by nature. HUman created the machines then later machines take over the human. now, Machine is control!! http://www.intothematrix.com/ click #1 and #4. it pretty scrary.

ASLnikki said:
:werd: yeah i read it of verse 30:25 many time. yeah i know the Devil believe in the person. i found the woman is carry with the the child of the devil which is the unclean spirit be revealed himself-image who oppose and honor himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped. so he that he as God sit in the Head of Image, shewing himself that he is [the son of] God which is the son of Man on the earth and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: all enemies of the famous and glorious land with mighty city, shall wail because of Him. if who believe Satan, then person have existed him dwell into body like the devil dwelled in the body of Judas Iscariot betrayed you of Him. he will be great betray you in the world for they are the minds of devils working magicians which go to the beasts of land and of the whole world gather them to the battlelands.. the end of flesh on you will make yourself enemy and betray against others with yourelf own! the this word of the TRUTH! the word set you free in the name of Beast which kingdom on the eath will devour you and break you into piece without unite and language like in original of genesis 11 chapter 1 to 9 verses. Even so Amen.

I have no belief in God. Why I am an Atheist?

1) There are just too many errors in the various bibles. Most biblical errors are catalogued and are easily available on the web, so no need to bother any readers with them here. The same can be said of all the unbelievable biblical claims.

2) Evidence is my teacher, as are thousands of years of war, murder, rape and torture in the name of religion.

3) I don’t believe, in this day and age, that a stage magician can really turn his wand into a live snake, or turn water into wine so why should we believe it when the same explainable effects appear in a so-called ‘sacred’ text? If it were not so tragic, Christian belief even after an explanation of a scientific, rational, logical, truthful nature to the contrary, would be humorous in the extreme.

4) I am wondering why are so many members of the Christian clergy in the world, a disproportionate above average percentage, are tried and convicted child molesters? Every few weeks in the world news media a new case comes to light, and it is a trend that does not appear to be diminishing - and these are only the perverts who are actually discovered and caught. It beggars belief. I doubt that there is anyone (apart perhaps from the Christian clergy) who would doubt that all pedophiles are, in fact, severely mentally ill. Why are they like this? Is it something to do with their religion? Is it their belief that they have a god given ticket of forgiveness? Given the above, it is also true that pedophiles reside on both sides of the religious fence - Atheist perverts are also a reality - I have no truck with either.

5) In fact religious believers would still be in a grossly weak minority. How frustrating that level of belief is not shared by ‘the Mother of Parliaments’. The Christian church in this country is becoming divided in what it actually believes. Be it the churches’ attitude towards homosexuality, the acceptance of female priests or even the maverick clergymen who profess to have no belief in God, there is nothing quite like shooting yourself in the foot! For example, the representatives of 40 independent UK ‘Christian’ schools are battling in the European Court of Human Rights for the right to administer corporal punishment to their pupils. Anyone who knows even a minuscule segment of Christian history will be surprised that it isn’t capital punishment that they are fighting for! It is yet another nail in their rapidly disappearing coffin of Christian belief.

I am Mr. Average. I have a house, car, satellite TV, a microwave oven and most of the other consumer goodies. I enjoy normal pastimes and pursuits - reading, eating, driving, and watching the TV. Whilst admitting that I do, along with the rest of the human race, have a few faults, I don’t consider myself particularly immoral. And definitely not in the same league of immorality as promulgated in the Christian Holy Bible. In most aspects of my life I hope that I am a relatively reasonable person.

Hello Deaf Reaper. :wave:
I was impressed with your response so I figured I’d comment myself and add to the confusion.

Deaf Reaper said:
I have no belief in God. Why I am an Atheist? 1) There are just too many errors in the various bibles. Most biblical errors are catalogued and are easily available on the web, so no need to bother any readers with them here. The same can be said of all the unbelievable biblical claims.

Well have you ever tried to confront a True Believer with these ‘errors?’ I know I have over the years and amazingly enough the True Believer will explain them away with ad hoc reasoning. Somehow the True Believer will know which phrase or passage to take literally and which to take metaphorically. Thus the wriggling continues.

Deaf Reaper said:
2) Evidence is my teacher, as are thousands of years of war, murder, rape and torture in the name of religion.
Well, you haven’t lived thousands of years to be able to make that inference. If this is true then you only took somebody’s word that such and such is the direct result of religion. I think religion has nothing to do with war, murder, rape and torture – other than a political tool to incite the masses into doing the bidding of those in power. If you think religion causes those kinds of trouble, then in this post-secular age one would think war, murder, rape and torture would vanish. But this isn’t the case.
Deaf Reaper said:
3) I don’t believe, in this day and age, that a stage magician can really turn his wand into a live snake, or turn water into wine so why should we believe it when the same explainable effects appear in a so-called ‘sacred’ text? If it were not so tragic, Christian belief even after an explanation of a scientific, rational, logical, truthful nature to the contrary, would be humorous in the extreme.
Yes, but here is a stronger reason: the testimony of a miracle can never establish the truth of any religion.
Deaf Reaper said:
4) I am wondering why are so many members of the Christian clergy in the world, a disproportionate above average percentage, are tried and convicted child molesters? Every few weeks in the world news media a new case comes to light, and it is a trend that does not appear to be diminishing - and these are only the perverts who are actually discovered and caught. It beggars belief. I doubt that there is anyone (apart perhaps from the Christian clergy) who would doubt that all pedophiles are, in fact, severely mentally ill. Why are they like this? Is it something to do with their religion? Is it their belief that they have a god given ticket of forgiveness? Given the above, it is also true that pedophiles reside on both sides of the religious fence - Atheist perverts are also a reality - I have no truck with either.
You’re addressing only those religions that practices celibacy, and that is a rather small percentage. So if a religion approved of its holy people having sexual relations, you’d have less beef with it?
Deaf Reaper said:
5) In fact religious believers would still be in a grossly weak minority. How frustrating that level of belief is not shared by ‘the Mother of Parliaments’. The Christian church in this country is becoming divided in what it actually believes. Be it the churches’ attitude towards homosexuality, the acceptance of female priests or even the maverick clergymen who profess to have no belief in God, there is nothing quite like shooting yourself in the foot! For example, the representatives of 40 independent UK ‘Christian’ schools are battling in the European Court of Human Rights for the right to administer corporal punishment to their pupils. Anyone who knows even a minuscule segment of Christian history will be surprised that it isn’t capital punishment that they are fighting for! It is yet another nail in their rapidly disappearing coffin of Christian belief.
If Christianity (in all forms) has withstood the winds of change and time for 2000 years, then it will adapt to the changing times of today and tomorrow. But adapt to what? Probably to a more liberal and cosmopolitan form…
Deaf Reaper said:
I am Mr. Average. I have a house, car, satellite TV, a microwave oven and most of the other consumer goodies. I enjoy normal pastimes and pursuits - reading, eating, driving, and watching the TV. Whilst admitting that I do, along with the rest of the human race, have a few faults, I don’t consider myself particularly immoral. And definitely not in the same league of immorality as promulgated in the Christian Holy Bible. In most aspects of my life I hope that I am a relatively reasonable person.
Hear hear!
Just today I was accosted by this Christian fundamentalist who thought I needed to hear the “Good news,” without my asking. Even so, I gave her the typical unbeliever treatment, about Epicurean approach to death, Mystery religions predating Christianity, skepticism of her brand of theology, a pseudo-socratic dialogue, the difference between Jesus Christ’s evangel and Paul’s dysangel and she was incapable of having a conversation with me without being condescending and patronizing. Once that started I gave her the boot. :smash:

But i confess that there are intelligent believers who are smart enough to recognize the fact that their religious tendencies are faint, subjective and paradoxical beliefs which are best developed privately.

Last edited:
Your analysis of religious belief is a bottom-up approach, starting from social perspectives and variety of religions in the world. However, if you can see it from a top-down approach you only see one thing, namely, whether you believe in God or not. Now, God does not has to be the Christianity God stated in the Holy Bible, it can be the anything that you wish it may be. Some people believe in the Buddha and some believe the Santa Claus. That divergence in our belief network eventually created all those religions as stated and the results are the chaotic war and famine we see today. If you look at this issue from a sincere and unfounded perspective, put all those scientific and logic state of mind aside, maybe you will feel something you haven’t felt before. Now that is how I reached the conclusion that there is a God. Mind you, not the Christianity God, for that it is too incomplete to explain all those paradoxical questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back