Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VamPyroX said:
those characters listed in the Bible to be 100 years old are actually 10,000 years old? If that's the case, what the hell happened to us? How the hell can the average 10,000 year old lifespan change to 100 years old today?

Maybe the person's name was more important than counting the years at that time. You may call it "Era of Adam" "Era of Seth" and so on.. I dunno :dunno:

Jesus doesn't believe in loving yoru family. You should love Jesus MORE than your family, your parents, your siblings, your spouse... if You love them more than Jesus then you are NOT worthwhile to go with the Kingdom of the HEaven. That is what it said in the next passage.

I was shocked because I have been thinking- so ALL of those married Christians have violated their "holy" bond with their Jesus H Christ and the God because the women have been intercoursed by their husband.
Jesus did believe in marriage but he also believed that sex SHOULD NOT exist in marriage.

There are actual documents saying that Jesus did say that.
So... [shrug] I just think everybody read this book because it has exposed the TRUTH behind the bible. :thumb: "And The Truth Shall Set Us Free!".... or something like that..

That's little different view I hear from you.

Jesus does love everyone on this earth, but if Jesus tells you to ignore your family or do something to get away from your family then yes you should listen to him than your family - LOVE everyone equally.

Love Jesus the same as you love your family
Supposed to love father, mom, brother or sister no matter what happen.

gnarlydorkette said:
Jesus doesn't believe in loving yoru family.

Not True, Jesus loves everyone the same......and we are to love everyone as equally for like God Himself, He is no respecter of anyone which means He don't respect someone more than the other...and as for family, we are to love our own families...although God does ask each of us to love and seek Him first above anyone else or thing or belief...It is stated in the Bible that when we seek the Kingdom of God first, then all things (our families, love ones, non-materialistic and materialistic things, etc.) will be added unto us...meaning when we do put God first in our lives, then all other things He will be able to honor our faith in Him by providing us a way to live in His care....

Jesus did believe in marriage but he also believed that sex SHOULD NOT exist in marriage.

In the beginning God created Eve as He saw that Adam was alone...giving man and woman the joy of being together...connected to one another as 'one'...God did put a curse on the woman when it comes to bearing children which the woman will endure labor pains, etc...the curse being brought upon when Eve had disobeyed God's command for taking the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge...it shows that God had intended for both man and woman to fulfill themselves with the joy and pleasures of 'making love', uniting one another as 'one'....plus other passages in the Bible whereas both husband and wife shall have the joy of uniting each other and bear fruit which is children...God's way of bestowing His Love for 'man' ( woman)......as God allows 'us' to bond together in marriage....so man or woman do not have to live 'alone'...or to feel lonely...there are people who prefer to be 'alone' and God also blesses these peoples the same....

There's no proof that dinosaurs were millions of years old? Okay, where's the proof that Adam and Eve existed? Where's the proof that Noah's Ark existed? Where's Jesus's tomb? There's nothing that I see that's been proven.

VamPyroX said:
There's no proof that dinosaurs were millions of years old? Okay, where's the proof that Adam and Eve existed? Where's the proof that Noah's Ark existed? Where's Jesus's tomb? There's nothing that I see that's been proven.

That’s because there is no proof—none whatsoever. But there is an abundance of overwhelming evidence that life on this planet arose from a series of natural processes. All available evidence points to the inescapable conclusion that we evolved from lower life forms. We share DNA sequences with all other living animals—even reptiles. We are genetically related to every other animal on this planet. And our genetic similarity to the great apes, particularly chimpanzees and bonobos, is astonishing. (I know what you’re thinking—there goes Levonian on his monkey thing again). :roll: If our taxonomic classification system were based on a realistic assessment of genetic similarities and not on a 300 year old Judeo-Christian influenced classification scheme, humans, chimpanzees and bonobos would be considered three different species within the same genus. Either they’re one of us, or we’re one of them. When chimps and bonobos are raised by humans in a stimulating environment, they clearly become sentient—they become aware of their own existence. So where does that now place them in the theological scheme of things? Are they also entitled to a place in "heaven" after they die? Or do they go to hell? If so, why? What did they do to deserve it? I could make arguments like this all night, but the bottom line is that there are simply too many inconsistencies between what is observable in the real, tangible world around us and mainstream church doctrine. I think that we would be better off as a species if we channeled our activities into improving our condition right now, right here—instead of wringing our hands at the miserable and deplorable conditions that exist in the world and rationalizing it all away by believing that it is only temporary and that we will be rewarded with eternal happiness if we just wait patiently enough for death to come.

Last edited:
illustrator said:
That's little different view I hear from you.

Jesus does love everyone on this earth, but if Jesus tells you to ignore your family or do something to get away from your family then yes you should listen to him than your family - LOVE everyone equally.

Love Jesus the same as you love your family
Supposed to love father, mom, brother or sister no matter what happen.

I still don't follow the religion. I see the whole Jesus and so-so as mythology for me. I read them as I would read Greek and Roman's pagan rituals. History doesn't hurt anybody to learn. I enjoy learning history. This doesn't imply that I do believe in God. I am just learning the christian's way and try to understand your perspective. At least I am trying to understand the church/religion instead of preaching on issues that I don't know about. Keep your enemies closer than you would with your friends. :)

kuifje75 said:
So, are you implying that these who not believe in God do not care about the big things in life and courageous enough to look for the answers? I do not agree with this at all, after all, just because someone is not a Christian does not mean they're going to hell or being cowards. I find this to be a little offensive in thinking.
I did not mean to offend you. I am not saying that non-Christians don't care about life, or are cowards, or are even going to hell (It is not my place to make that kind of judgement call). What I meant was that most people who sincerely seek God believe that something in their life is missing. That doesn't make them losers. I encourage people to leave themselves open to something bigger than you've ever imagined or thought possible. Sometimes what we're looking for isn't what we end up with, or what we really need.

Ginette said:
I did not mean to offend you. I am not saying that non-Christians don't care about life, or are cowards, or are even going to hell (It is not my place to make that kind of judgement call). What I meant was that most people who sincerely seek God believe that something in their life is missing. That doesn't make them losers. I encourage people to leave themselves open to something bigger than you've ever imagined or thought possible. Sometimes what we're looking for isn't what we end up with, or what we really need.
I agree with you. I am looking at this from a logical and theoretical point of view. I have no intention of degrading this religion of "God", but I do question what's going on in the world and in the Bible. There are a lot of things that are still unexplained. My dad's a well-known teacher at church. My brother is working to become a paster at a church in another state. I've already asked them questions about the Bible and neither of them could give me a straight answer. Maybe "God" exists. Maybe "God" doesn't exist. I'm just exploring other possibilities. If "God" is really who we say he is, then he will understand what I am trying to do and truly believe that I will end up finding everything that leads to him.

VamPyroX said:
2000 out of 2500 were fulfilled? I find that hard to believe. I think the Bible is as vague as the book of Nostrodamus. Where can I find a list of these so-called fulfilled prophecies??

I've got something that you may be interested in.
harpazo.net and matthewmacgee.org/prophesy.html
It's about the fulfilled prophecies.

My husband's side of the family are hardcore Christians. When I spoke with my mother-inlaw, she upset me so much. There were so many statements that she made, in regards to my deafness. Saying that it was Satan who caused it, and that I should not accept it, instead I should pray to God for healing. So, since then I started investigating the bible and Christian beliefs. I found myself fascinated by it, and wanted to explore more.

VamPyroX said:

Is that enough proof that there is the gold Ark by Mose?

Last edited:
gnarlydorkette said:
I still don't follow the religion. I see the whole Jesus and so-so as mythology for me. I read them as I would read Greek and Roman's pagan rituals. History doesn't hurt anybody to learn. I enjoy learning history. This doesn't imply that I do believe in God. I am just learning the christian's way and try to understand your perspective. At least I am trying to understand the church/religion instead of preaching on issues that I don't know about. Keep your enemies closer than you would with your friends. :)

It never been a mythology on Jesus. People saw what happen to Jesus and they drew the picture of Jesus. From hundred witness people to thousand to million to hundred millioni knoew about what happen to Jesus.

School don't allow you to learn the history about Jesus and God. That's why they banner it. It's the most corner we are study for our country than other. They function us to be proud of America and show support.

I am not going to make you an enemies, I try to make the point n' correct.

If for anyone who think thing should be perfect, that's crazy! It's like Hiltor! That's why he killed 6 millions Jews.

Ginette said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying it for me. I think that people who are non-Christians STILL DO SEEK something in life, although it may not be GOD. For example, in Buddhism, they seek to be the best they can do in life and try to do no harm upon others. The purpose for their life by doing that is to reach nirvana, or paradise in the end of their lives. If they do much harm and bad deeds, they are reincarnated into something and have to continue living lives until they are good buddhas, then their lives end in nirvana or eternal happiness. So, that is why I'm tired of Christians not respecting another religions and making judgments about other religions, or "leaving it up to God to judge us."

JESUS HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THE CHRISTIAN APPROACH

Yes, Jesus has a big problem with their approach for he says.

Luke 6:46 Why do you call me Lord and not do what I tell you to do.

In other words, if Christians were really following Jesus as Lord, they would do what he said to do, and they would find the way, the truth and a new life.

Therein lies the catch. They (Christians) would have to do what Jesus says to do in order for Jesus to be their Lord. Big problem.

It is very curious how Christian teachings which admonish us to follow the Bible, actually disagree with the Bible in many ways. Here are just a few examples.

CHRISTIAN TEACHING: Jesus is coming again to be seen.

THE BIBLE: Luke 17:20, The Kingdom comes not with observation. The kingdom of God is within you.

CHRISTIAN TEACHING: You must ask Jesus to come into your heart.

THE BIBLE: Jesus says in John 16:23, " At that time you shall ask me nothing.

CHRISTIAN TEACHING: Jesus will intercede to the father for you.

THE BIBLE: In John 16:26 Jesus says, " I say not that I will pray the father for you.

CHRISTIAN TEACHING: Jesus can do all things.

THE BIBLE: Jesus says in John 5:30, " Of my own self, I can do nothing".

CHRISTIAN TEACHING: You must have faith in God, you must be baptized, and you will face eternal judgment.

THE BIBLE: In Hebrews 6:1 it says, get away from faith in God, get away from the doctrine of Baptism and of eternal judgment.

FINALLY

CHRISTIAN TEACHING: We are all worthless sinners.

THE BIBLE: Matthew 5:14 Jesus says, " You are the light of the world".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back