• No

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Only for certain reasons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Murder never has a reason. Since when did murder have a reasoning?

Yiz

Since the beginning of time. There is always a reason someone murders. But evidently, you still don't get what I am saying.

I would have to agree with this, still murder is not the answer to their reason.

In my area, there were a murderer named Frank Garcias. To make this long story short. He had good job with high paying. There was a co worker that report sexual harassment against Frank. That report leads to termination of Frank's position. Frank got real pissed off at this, and decided that it is his reason for going out and murder this co worker and other co worker who witness sexual harassment, ended up murder witness. This valentine day massacre was just because he (Frank) was reported for sexual harassment. Frank had no trouble finding himself guilty of charges given by Jurors and was given several lifetime sentence. Again, it is not an excuse for him to get away from lifetime imprisonment.

Murder STILL wrong even though it was his own reasoning. He does not have mental illness of any kind. Will Frank murder again? I don't think so because his life is already f**ked up and he lost everything which result no reason to murder another one..

Actually there are two kinds of murders. One is murder by insanity like Sociopath, for example serial killers which kills for no apparent reason; while other is murder out of reason (retalation), for example Frank murder Joe because Joe raped Frank's 15 years old daughter.

No, murder is never the answer, but there is always a reason that someone commits murder. Even the sociopath. We may not understand what their reason is, but in their own, distubed mind and their own distrubed reality, they have a reason that makes sense to them.

No, murder is never the answer, but there is always a reason that someone commits murder. Even the sociopath. We may not understand what their reason is, but in their own, distubed mind and their own distrubed reality, they have a reason that makes sense to them.

That's what I've always understood too. And not to generalize here, I'm writing mainly from what I've read and heard, that many (most?) serial killers come from very disturbed childhoods. Look at Jeffrey Dahmer. He started his career killings with animals. And thought nothing wrong of that. Their minds find reasons to justify their actions.

I understand what you mean.

Besides it's cheaper to keep them in jail.

Can you show how it is cheaper to keep them in jail? My curiosity is piqued to the issue. To house someone with probably ~$2 daily worth of slop food will cost at minimum $700 a year and that's for food alone.

I'm assuming it has to do with execution preparation, ceremonies or burial and whatever that offsets the costs.

Can you show how it is cheaper to keep them in jail? My curiosity is piqued to the issue. To house someone with probably ~$2 daily worth of slop food will cost at minimum $700 a year and that's for food alone.

I'm assuming it has to do with execution preparation, ceremonies or burial and whatever that offsets the costs.

don't you remember from our old debate from couple years ago? Death Penalty is very expensive because of hefty legal cost when it comes to appeal and such.

don't you remember from our old debate from couple years ago? Death Penalty is very expensive because of hefty legal cost when it comes to appeal and such.

Hmm yeah. It's quite stupid, cause in other countries it probably costs like nothing except the cost of the bullet or rope to kill someone.

Are we right or wrong in the way we do it? :dunno:

Hmm yeah. It's quite stupid, cause in other countries it probably costs like nothing except the cost of the bullet or rope to kill someone.

Are we right or wrong in the way we do it? :dunno:

I read a very interesting article long while back. Theoretically - the death penalty was to serve as a major deterrent for certain crimes but unfortunately it was an epic fail because it takes years or even decades to effectuate death penalty.

The only way to effectively deter people from certain crimes is to have a swift death penalty. That's why it worked in Middle East. and canning in Singapore (not the same thing but the punishment is brutal)

That's what I've always understood too. And not to generalize here, I'm writing mainly from what I've read and heard, that many (most?) serial killers come from very disturbed childhoods. Look at Jeffrey Dahmer. He started his career killings with animals. And thought nothing wrong of that. Their minds find reasons to justify their actions.

Absolutely. Most do come from extremely disturbed and abusive childhoods. That experience not only creates the disordered thinking that allows them to commit atrocious acts, but also allows them to justify those acts.

Absolutely. Most do come from extremely disturbed and abusive childhoods. That experience not only creates the disordered thinking that allows them to commit atrocious acts, but also allows them to justify those acts.

death penalty. that's the only way to fix them. :ugh:

I read a very interesting article long while back. Theoretically - the death penalty was to serve as a major deterrent for certain crimes but unfortunately it was an epic fail because it takes years or even decades to effectuate death penalty.

The only way to effectively deter people from certain crimes is to have a swift death penalty. That's why it worked in Middle East. and canning in Singapore (not the same thing but the punishment is brutal)

It is skeptical whether even carrying the death penalty out in a swifter manner would serve as a deterrent. As I stated a bit earlier in this thread, the vast majority of murders fall under crimes of passion. A person engaged in committing a crime of passion is acting in the moment and not thinking of consequences. Therefore, the death penalty would not serve as a deterrnent in this case. When you look at the issue of the sociopathic murderer, they always believe that they are smarter than the rest of society, and fully believe that they will get away with their crimes. So they are not concerned with the possibility of death as punsihment. They live under the delusion that they will never be caught or punished.

The death penalty, in the states that still use it, has not had a significant impact in lowering murder rates. For the above reasons that I stated.

death penalty. that's the only way to fix them. :ugh:

I don't think it is necessary to use the death penalty even in these cases. Most will either be killed by another inmate, or commit suicide in prison.

I am thinking right now of a case that happened here in Ohio. Billy Milligan. Was diagnosed with something like 25 different personalities. He is one of the few documented valid cases of DID. One of his personalities committed several murders. Billy was not even aware of them at the time of his arrest. He has been incarcerated in a forensic institute for many years now. The public is fully protected, and he is not put to death as a result of his mental illness.

There is a great book on the subject of mental illness and the death penalty. It is titled Executing the Mentally Ill. I would recommend it to anyone interested in the topic. It is a little disturbing in places, but most definately an eye opener and an enjoyable read.

That is good news then. I think a lot of people might change their mind about the death penalty if it was ensured that the dangerous sociopaths were either in a mental hospita for the criminally insanel or a solitary supermax, for LIFE.

I do think that a lot of the pro death penalty people would ease off of their posistion, IF it was ensured that dangerous sociopaths NEVER get out of jail. The reason why people are all " kill them" is partly b/c they are SO frustrated with dangerous fuckers getting out of jail.

Er... Humans have a tendency to react with anger, bitterness and vengeance first before rationalization sets in.

That's the only reason why the death penalty still exists.

Death Penalty?

Yes, only because the Bible states that all (any) government exists because God had allowed it, even though He may not approve of its policies and practices. We have a bad and out of control government, God allowed it, we voted for it, we are reaping the results of our desire for darkness over light.

No, in that as I was growing up, I did not HANG my clothes! HA HA, Snicker, Guffaw, HE HE, Giggle, Smirk, ad nauseum, ad infinitum, on and on, et cetera.

SK, HH

Last edited:
Yes, only because the Bible states that all (any) government exists because God had allowed it, even though He may not approve of its policies and practices. We have a bad and out of control government, God allowed it, we voted for it, we are reaping the results of our desire for darkness over light.

No, in that as I was growing up, I did not HANG my clothes! HA HA, Snicker, Guffaw, HE HE, Giggle, Smirk, ad nauseum, ad infinitum, on and on, et cetera.

SK, HH

Religious discussions not permitted on this forum. We are discussing the morals and ethics of secular law.

yes i think death penalty is good, lethal injections like 'law abiding citizen' - remove the pain medicine, dump adrenlin in instead - NICE RESULTS for the fuckers....

Back