Dlink vp vs Sorenson vp

qwerty123 said:
opps dennis you wrong pasted from Soresnon netwrok paper ask soresnon techincle support for user guide page 79
Against my better judjement I went ahead and contacted Sorenson Techincal support via email and asked them the question regarding LDAP and the ports needed for the VP. Here is the response.

Thank you for contacting Sorenson Support. In answer to your question, we only can tell you that LDAP is outbound port 389. See below:

Inbound Ports:
Port 1720 (TCP)
Ports 15328-15333 (TCP & UDP)
Port 80 (HTTP)

Outbound Ports:
Ports 1024-65535 (TCP & UDP)
Port 389 (LDAP)
Port 80 (HTTP)

So now I have current docuementation, the box the VP came in and Sorenson tech support all telling me the same thing. But then there is qwerty123 telling me otherwise but with nothing to back it up... Hmmmmmm.... who should I believe???? And by the way... I also looked into CORE. CORE is a service that is used to alert you of missed calls.. Not a replacement for LDAP. Just because your VP still works without LDAP doesn't mean that it's not needed for some of the features.

Against my better judjement I went ahead and contacted Sorenson Techincal support via email and asked them the question regarding LDAP and the ports needed for the VP. Here is the response.

So now I have current docuementation, the box the VP came in and Sorenson tech support all telling me the same thing. But then there is qwerty123 telling me otherwise but with nothing to back it up... Hmmmmmm.... who should I believe???? And by the way... I also looked into CORE. CORE is a service that is used to alert you of missed calls.. Not a replacement for LDAP. Just because your VP still works without LDAP doesn't mean that it's not needed for some of the features.

huh, you deaf?

document here core for names all in list miss call speed dial recent call ldap is replacment for core

Attachments

• vp100.gif
    vp100.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
huh, you deaf?

document here core for names all in list miss call speed dial recent call ldap is replacment for core
No dude I am hearing. The document doesn't mention anything about core. Its' clear to me that even within the Sorenson documentation there are in-consistancies. Now you are saying that LDAP is a replacement for core???? I think you are confused. I did as you suggested and posted my response from Sorenson and you still want to dispute it... I am finished with this debate with you that is just going in circles...

huh, you deaf?

qwerty, you can't even keep your own argument straight. Get out of here. You're simply a Sorenson fanboi, through and through, and since you happen to know all these Sorenson technology things that I would bet 99% of all normal people out there don't know, you are most likely either an installer or closely talk with someone who works for Sorenson. Your blind loyalty only means that when something better is out there, you revert to shooting it down instead of actually examining it with an open mind. You are not helping this discussion, you are only trying to do your best to convert people, not present facts and let people decide.

We can see what you're doing, and thus we will never listen to anything you have to say.

No dude I am hearing. The document doesn't mention anything about core. Its' clear to me that even within the Sorenson documentation there are in-consistancies. Now you are saying that LDAP is a replacement for core???? I think you are confused. I did as you suggested and posted my response from Sorenson and you still want to dispute it... I am finished with this debate with you that is just going in circles...

there is no ldap at all, period. i will dispute you all the way try blocking port 389 both way on your router

qwerty, you can't even keep your own argument straight. Get out of here. You're simply a Sorenson fanboi, through and through, and since you happen to know all these Sorenson technology things that I would bet 99% of all normal people out there don't know, you are most likely either an installer or closely talk with someone who works for Sorenson. Your blind loyalty only means that when something better is out there, you revert to shooting it down instead of actually examining it with an open mind. You are not helping this discussion, you are only trying to do your best to convert people, not present facts and let people decide.

We can see what you're doing, and thus we will never listen to anything you have to say.

you saying the document i give here is a fake huh?

likewise i listen not to you

look at Sorenson VRS it says sql, so viedofone use port 80 to connect to sql core is just phantom name to soresnon

my avastar say kick me you can kick all you please

there is no ldap at all, period. i will dispute you all the way try blocking port 389 both way on your router
Like I said before... you ARE confused.
qwerty123 said:
ldap is replacment for core
First you say core is a replacement for ldap then you say ldap is replacement for core... which is it? On second thought, it doesnt matter to me anymore... This is an endless argument with you that is going nowhere. I will spend my energy on more productive things. But thanks for showing me your technical prowess.

On the topic of this thread here are a couple of links on the debate of Sorenson vs D-link.

Deaf Today v3.0: Videophone Debate: Sorenson vs DLink
DeafDC Blog » Sorenson Opens Up to Other VRS Providers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back