Dlink vp vs Sorenson vp

qwerty123

Reaction score
how many u using dlink vp still? how many u still using the cumbersome ip address to make calls and squit over the self view small picture?

get rid of dlink vp and get sorenson vp. you can use any vrs providers you can call with phone number

poor hovrs they have to go out again to remove the blocks from the routers

I sometimes borrow my brother's D-link.

Why should I give up Dlink VP? Are we allowing Sorenson Company to be a winner?

No thanks, I perfer to keep Dlink VP. We need good competitors, and someday the little competitor will finally beat the giant Sorenson for the best VP in future...

What would happen if Sorenson servers went black out? VP-100/200 may not working. Best thing to use the I2EYES VP at anytime to connect anybody in anywhere though no Sorenson servers!!!!

Mookie said:
Why should I give up Dlink VP? Are we allowing Sorenson Company to be a winner?

No thanks, I perfer to keep Dlink VP. We need good competitors, and someday the little competitor will finally beat the giant Sorenson for the best VP in future...

What would happen if Sorenson servers went black out? VP-100/200 may not working. Best thing to use the I2EYES VP at anytime to connect anybody in anywhere though no Sorenson servers!!!!

harhar did you know that sorenson develop dlink vp and make it non deaf freindly? did you know that if sorenson servers black out, dlink vp wont work?

really no point for hovrs csd or others to give away dlink vp. what about sorenson vp200? vp200 would put competitors to shame

The D-Link i2eye is in many ways superior to the VP-100. While it's being prevented from being truly deaf friendly by Sorenson's purposeful blocking, it still has the ability to not deal with the BS that the VP comes with.

If Sorenson's servers are down, you still have your address book on the i2eye.

If Sorenson's servers are down, you still can call any other VRS.

If someone else has an i2eye, you can still call them with their phone number.

:werd: dennis, its always wise to back up yrself so this way if one goes down one works and if both is down well theres the PC/Wireless calls u can make until it comes back up simple said simple done....

Dennis said:
The D-Link i2eye is in many ways superior to the VP-100. While it's being prevented from being truly deaf friendly by Sorenson's purposeful blocking, it still has the ability to not deal with the BS that the VP comes with.

If Sorenson's servers are down, you still have your address book on the i2eye.

If Sorenson's servers are down, you still can call any other VRS.

If someone else has an i2eye, you can still call them with their phone number.

heh, no more sorenson's purposeful blocking. you still :barf: sorenson?

how many deaf/hh use sorenson vp? dlink vp? big difference!

Mookie said:
We need good competitors, and someday the little competitor will finally beat the giant Sorenson for the best VP in future...
I wouldn't say that Dlink is the little guy. They are into many things other than VP's. Personal experience with DLINK devices has not been so good. I cant speak for their VP's but have had experience with some of their routers / firewalls etc. and usually they have problems.

rockdrummer said:
I wouldn't say that Dlink is the little guy. They are into many things other than VP's. Personal experience with DLINK devices has not been so good. I cant speak for their VP's but have had experience with some of their routers / firewalls etc. and usually they have problems.

Rockdrummer, you are not fully aware of Dlink/Sorenson videophones.

What would happen if Sorenson servers are out of service, such as black out or servers down? Sorenson callers can not contact anybody. Yet, Dlink users still work since Dlink videophone does not require to work via the VRS competitors' servers execpt Sorenson VRS.

Why? Sorenson VP only works with missing calls (caller IDs) and personal contact information. Sorenson sounds like perfect for AOL business.

Rockdrummer, did you know that Sorenson designed Dlink VP-1000.

There is nothing wrong with Dlink VP. Maybe you need to take a 101 course...

Mookie said:

What would happen if Sorenson servers are out of service, such as black out or servers down? Sorenson callers can not contact anybody. Yet, Dlink users still work since Dlink videophone does not require to work via the VRS competitors' servers execpt Sorenson VRS.

Why? Sorenson VP only works with missing calls (caller IDs) and personal contact information. Sorenson sounds like perfect for AOL business.

mookie the tookie did you know that there is third videophone that resmeble dlink and sorenson vp?

qwerty123 said:
mookie the tookie did you know that there is third videophone that resmeble dlink and sorenson vp?

Ojo? Nope, that does not work for both VPs of Dlink and Sorenson.

Not any Webcams.

Not any VoIP digital Videophone.

I might have know but I am not sure...

Qwerty, what makes you think that I resmeble Tookie?

Mookie said:
That's right Mookie. It's what I said. Remember I said "I cant speak for their VP's but have had experience with some of their routers / firewalls etc. and usually they have problems."

There could be many forms of outages that will affect everything. Generally speaking, Sorenson most likely has a server farm with built in redundancy which will reduce the chance of an outage. That is if you even have to go through servers. Even with DLINK there could be cases where there is an outage so what's your point?

Why? Sorenson VP only works with missing calls (caller IDs) and personal contact information. Sorenson sounds like perfect for AOL business
Sorry but I have no clue of what this means.

Yes I am aware of that as it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Again, I never said there was anything wrong with it. Maybe you need to take a 101 course in paying attention.

rockdrummer said:
That's right Mookie. It's what I said. Remember I said "I cant speak for their VP's but have had experience with some of their routers / firewalls etc. and usually they have problems."

I knew you were going to say that. Yet, you did not mention "different kind of Dlink devices". You were talking about Dlink devices including Dlink Di-604 router, Dlink DCM-202 (cable modem) and Dlink DVC-1000/2000 (Videophones). I assume that you already know that VP does not need to connect directly to the computer. Maybe you need to speak to CSD tech support. I still have technical issues for both VPs.

I know it is not fair for any deafie to pay extra IP address that it is only for VP. Moreover, it would not cause any farther problem....

Did you know that Sorenson required Dlink company to make Sorenson-designed router that resemble perfectly Dlink Di-604 router, but it has own different settings.

rockdrummer said:
There could be many forms of outages that will affect everything. Generally speaking, Sorenson most likely has a server farm with built in redundancy which will reduce the chance of an outage. That is if you even have to go through servers. Even with DLINK there could be cases where there is an outage so what's your point?

Please read this link: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=25328 What do you know about Dlink server? Only VRS competitors has their own Dlink servers. May I friendly reminder you that Dlink VP-1000 does not have any caller ID (missing calls). Keep in mind that Sorenson Company is very selfish for not letting any VRS competitors sharing their own Sorenson VP-100/200. Last July 1, 2006, FCC forced Sorenson Company to accept the VRS competitors to enter into the Sorenson VP-100/200. Sorenson Company may sound like AT$T monopoly. Sorenson has earned huge profits....

As I mentioned earlier, Sorenson VP-100/200 only works via the Sorenson servers. That's why Sorenson VP has own caller IDs and Speed Dial List that resemble to AOL. Dlink is like Outlook so that you can check your own Speed Dial List without turning on Internet. Yep, I do have both Sorenson VP-100 and Dlink VP-1000 at home. I use I2EYE device at work, too.

rockdrummer said:
Sorry but I have no clue of what this means.

Again, I never said there was anything wrong with it. Maybe you need to take a 101 course in paying attention.

Rockdrummer, you still need to take 101 course again....

Mookie said:
Did you know that Sorenson required Dlink company to make Sorenson-designed router that resemble perfectly Dlink Di-604 router, but it has own different settings

sorenson did not require dlink company to make the routers. sorenson requested that the routers be make to their specifications

sorenson give out free router with one setting, dmz is hardcoded as 125 to work with ANY ANY ANY vp not different settings plural

you a CSD fan? CSD did no research or development on vp ben soukup still mooch

IloveVP said:
What kind of problem have you been experienced with ?

mookie need to take 101 course before he can reply with explains on vp problem

Mookie said:
Please read this link: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=25328 What do you know about Dlink server? Only VRS competitors has their own Dlink servers.

mookie
ah vrs competitors has their own dlink servers? oppps you re wrong it is sorensons servers that dlink vp connect to

did you know that CSD people approached dlink engineering team for possible dlink vp firmware redesign? they went home with red beet faces after they learnt that sorenson designed the firmware for dlink perfect face slam

after all dlink vp dvc 1000 and sorenson vp100 are on way out to obsolete shelf because sorenson have vp200

qwerty123 said:
mookie
did you know that CSD people approached dlink engineering team for possible dlink vp firmware redesign? they went home with red beet faces after they learnt that sorenson designed the firmware for dlink perfect face slam

:bowlol:

Back