Divorce process - what is it like?

I don't think you really understand AT ALL! I was like you pretty much back then. Now I see it completely different, it is NOT what I originally thought, and I regret being like "I know it all". As soon as I got married and eventually I see it completely different.

I would suggest you just sit back and listen more often and maybe find a woman to marry and then you can start talk about it. Marriage is NOT exact what you think is, if you never got married.

The truth is, marriage license is just piece of paper, that is all! It TAKES TWO, not one to make it work. If neither of two wants to make it work, it will never work regardless of what damn excuse are.

I understand what you are getting at, but this is not an excuse for avoiding marriage in order to be with someone of the opposite sex and living together as well as having children.

I don't think you really understand AT ALL! I was like you pretty much back then. Now I see it completely different, it is NOT what I originally thought, and I regret being like "I know it all". As soon as I got married and eventually I see it completely different.

I would suggest you just sit back and listen more often and maybe find a woman to marry and then you can start talk about it. Marriage is NOT exact what you think is, if you never got married.

The truth is, marriage license is just piece of paper, that is all! It TAKES TWO, not one to make it work. If neither of two wants to make it work, it will never work regardless of what damn excuse are.
I've been there and I know what's like :|

Was watching "The Green River Killer" the other night...His wife of 16 years was in the dark as to his crimes....He loved her and she loved him..He was a good and loyal husband...never hurt her.....and she still stuck by him while he was awaiting trial....believing in him and his saying..."it's not true and things will work out".....Until all the evidence came forth in the trial...he knew his goose was cooked!...so he plead "guilty" to avoid the death sentence.....She was in shock....

Guessing those who do say (and I was one of them) to "get to know your partner well before marriage"....doesn't ring true in some cases...."Who the Hell Did I Marry"??....Life is tough..we take our risks anyway....we fall down...and get right back up again....we try to believe.

Was watching "The Green River Killer" the other night...His wife of 16 years was in the dark as to his crimes....He loved her and she loved him..He was a good and loyal husband...never hurt her.....and she still stuck by him while he was awaiting trial....believing in him and his saying..."it's not true and things will work out".....Until all the evidence came forth in the trial...he knew his goose was cooked!...so he plead "guilty" to avoid the death sentence.....She was in shock....

Guessing those who do say (and I was one of them) to "get to know your partner well before marriage"....doesn't ring true in some cases...."Who the Hell Did I Marry"??....Life is tough..we take our risks anyway....we fall down...and get right back up again....we try to believe.

If I remember right he killed those twenty some women after a divorce.

If I remember right he killed those twenty some women after a divorce.

Yes...he is suspected of killing hundreds....but after he found his wife (believe her name was Judith)....the killings stopped for awhile....but resumed....not as many and not as often. Seems he wanted to stop after finding the love of his life....really weird, as looking at the man, he didn't seem to be a serial killer....He hid it very well.

Right, anything can happen. Communication alone does not always necessarily avoiding divorce, even when there is great communication, failure can happen.

Nobody can predict anything, it takes two to make marriage works. Case like this one, one committed crime, what the hell can spouse do? If my spouse commit crime, found guilty I would file divorce before the sentence because I don't want to be part of her crime. Most cases, if not file divorce before sentencing, spouse can be held liable for any civil lawsuits.

:laugh2:

I'm sorry, adultery is not the only reason for divorce. What if you're married to someone and they go on a murder spree? They kill all your friends and loved ones... that's not adultery but you should have to stay married? :roll: NOT! There are tons of justified reasons for divorce... not to mention your spouse lying all the time or something like that and you find out they're not the person you fell in love with but someone fabricated... I could go on for days...

That is why I have questioned my partner on everything, YES EVERYTHING from A to Z of the past and future, from very small petty nonsense questions to the extreme serious personal questions that may be very sensitive/offensive to him to answer me. It took me three years to know everything the every detail about him. There you go.

That would be an inaccurate statement. The leading cause of divorce is not marriage itself, but rather one spouse or both spouses not working on themselves. A marriage is a commitment and this does not lead to divorce by default. It is as I said, one spouse or both spouses breaking that commitment.

Bingo.

That is why I have questioned my partner on everything, YES EVERYTHING from A to Z of the past and future, from very small petty nonsense questions to the extreme serious personal questions that may be very sensitive/offensive to him to answer me. It took me three years to know everything the every detail about him. There you go.

That's excellent to hear! Too many couples don't communicate effectively about the characteristics of one another, their preferences, their likes/dislikes, their past, goals for the future, how they would want to raise children, religious beliefs (if there are any), what areas they have difficulty with in life, and so on. They just prefer to have fun and go too quickly then when they get hitched, they suddenly realize they didn't really know each other deeply and the marriage is too much of a work for them. Kids these days don't really know and understand what true love is all about.

It took you three years to know every detail of your partner? I am sure you are still learning new things about your partner, right? :lol:

That's excellent to hear! Too many couples don't communicate effectively about the characteristics of one another, their preferences, their likes/dislikes, their past, goals for the future, how they would want to raise children, religious beliefs (if there are any), what areas they have difficulty with in life, and so on. They just prefer to have fun and go too quickly then when they get hitched, they suddenly realize they didn't really know each other deeply and the marriage is too much of a work for them. Kids these days don't really know and understand what true love is all about.

It took you three years to know every detail of your partner? I am sure you are still learning new things about your partner, right? :lol:

Nope, I have nothing left to ask or learn more about him. I know who all of his friends are and relatives. We ask each other to discuss and learn is just about present news, join new activities, travel, history, nutrition and such.

This divorce is looming and I am just :mad2: because the communication between myself and my ex-wife has been non-existent when I have done nothing wrong and I am confused, and left in the dark.

Hey mate, aren't you saying that you can't get divorce though due to ex refusal of communication?

Hey mate, aren't you saying that you can't get divorce though due to ex refusal of communication?
The divorce is my ex-wife's problem, but when I need to talk to her, the communication is non-existent at the moment.

I'm sorry that you have to go thru this.

Mate, that sucks. One of my ex is much like this way too. Its one of my most pet peeves from anyone. I don't think silence is a good way to solve problems, it is pretty much like trying to run away from problems. Secondly, it could be misunderstand and lack of communication only intensifies the misunderstanding.

The divorce is my ex-wife's problem, but when I need to talk to her, the communication is non-existent at the moment.

You can only know him as much as you can, in reality, nobody knows about others at 100% everything. The only person that knows somebody as close as 100% is the parents of child(ten). I know my sons very well, BUT I don't know everything about my two boys cause they could hide themselves from me. In other words, I know my boys more than my wife.

Nope, I have nothing left to ask or learn more about him. I know who all of his friends are and relatives. We ask each other to discuss and learn is just about present news, join new activities, travel, history, nutrition and such.

Mate, that sucks. One of my ex is much like this way too. Its one of my most pet peeves from anyone. I don't think silence is a good way to solve problems, it is pretty much like trying to run away from problems. Secondly, it could be misunderstand and lack of communication only intensifies the misunderstanding.
I know it is difficult and she's making it worse for me and the community that I am well involved in, I have since backed out. Just don't really know what's happening.

Update: No update on the progress with my divorce, still waiting at the moment, however I am still unable to contact my ex-wife, turns out ALL communication channels to her has been blocked. Nothing I can do here, except ask one question when an opportunity arise. :zzz:

Back