Divorce process - what is it like?

Sorry about your divorce. As long as you two can remain civil and work things out without the assistance of a court or judge regarding your personal materials... and you both agree on the divorce... it's fairly uncomplicated. :) Good luck to you, and again... sorry about the divorce, I know sometimes it's not a good feeling. Some people are happy, not everyone. :(

Wirelessly posted

dereksbicycles said:
In Maryland, you have to live separately from your spouse for at least one year before you can file for a divorce. It is obvious that they're making filing for divorce a hell.

Hi

Wirelessly posted

Hi

You have anything to say but "hi" in threads? Thus far, this is your only comment. Being you were looking for people with similar interests and seeking in the singles thread, if you are coming in here to say hi to people in a divorce thread for one of our members to get advice in a troubling time of his life... that's beyond messed up. Seek out people in other threads and try inserting something other than "hi" in your comments. :roll: :mad:

Again, I'm sorry for your divorce. :(

Sorry about heard that. I thought you and wife were perfect couple.
Yeah, I thought so too, everyone thought so too but it wasn't - she's long gone now. Im happy in life regardless.

And with the guy who says Hi every post, piss off, yes?

You will be fine, glad it was not too long that you committed only to find out she would walk on you. In order for marriage to work, toilet paper can't make this (True marriage) happen, public can't make this (True marriage) happen, only two can… You can easily figure this out.

Me and my wife been together for 7 years, decided to get married and still married after 7 years. We didn't have fancy ceremony, pretty much like in JIP with just 7 witnesses. No fancy party, no nothing and it cost us just hundred bucks. We both don't care what public thinks. It is really between me and my wife, that is all.

It is not just you, it has shocked the community of mine, unfortunately however it was the ex wife who walked out. Definitely toilet paper - dammnit.

You will be fine, glad it was not too long that you committed only to find out she would walk on you. In order for marriage to work, toilet paper can't make this (True marriage) happen, public can't make this (True marriage) happen, only two can… You can easily figure this out.

Me and my wife been together for 7 years, decided to get married and still married after 7 years. We didn't have fancy ceremony, pretty much like in JIP with just 7 witnesses. No fancy party, no nothing and it cost us just hundred bucks. We both don't care what public thinks. It is really between me and my wife, that is all.

I agree. I want a simple wedding as well.

The only real leverage you have is before the marriage. I want future wife to be able to lift at least 15 lbs. with her vagina first. If she is going to own me I want her to work for it.

Keep hanging in there brother. Get it done and put it behind you every effective way you can and keep out of being a bitter and angry guy as much as you can. You are doing good.

Last edited:
JClarke, I'm sorry you're going through the divorce. It stinks. Give yourself some space and you'll be able to process yourself through this chapter. Hang in there, dude.

Divorce is not a pretty thing for a couple to go through, especially when it involves kids.

One thing that irks me is one reason why people divorce in which they claim "there are irreconcilable differences." It is just people have to learn to communicate effectively with one another. Too many people don't communicate effectively before they get married then they discover later along the road that they were not suitable for one another.

I believe divorce should be done on just one circumstance.

Divorce is not a pretty thing for a couple to go through, especially when it involves kids.

One thing that irks me is one reason why people divorce in which they claim "there are irreconcilable differences." It is just people have to learn to communicate effectively with one another. Too many people don't communicate effectively before they get married then they discover later along the road that they were not suitable for one another.

Are you married?

JClarke, I'm sorry you're going through the divorce. It stinks. Give yourself some space and you'll be able to process yourself through this chapter. Hang in there, dude.
Hey, glad to see you buzzing around the AD hive again, lady! You offer sage advice.

Back to topic.

Enlighten us, please. Sometimes, people make mistakes due to loneliness or whatnot. Something for JC to consider before diving back into the dating scene.

I don't think most people get married thinking about divorce. If so DON'T get married. Divorce is HELL, destroys you emotionally, makes you question everything. BUT......going though all that may just lead you to a better life. It did me, I found the best husband in the world. We have built a wonderful life, we believe and support each other in every way. I never speak ill of my ex to my son. He was only 2&1/2 when we split. He saw his dad not coming to pick him up, empty promises etc. Then when he was 10, his dad, with his new family moved all the way across the USA. My son actually hates his dad, that makes me sad. He has memories that I don't so I have to support him. The last time we talked about his dad he said "he is not my dad, he was a sperm donor" my dad is the one I grew up with here.

I don't think most people get married thinking about divorce. If so DON'T get married. Divorce is HELL, destroys you emotionally, makes you question everything. BUT......going though all that may just lead you to a better life. It did me, I found the best husband in the world. We have built a wonderful life, we believe and support each other in every way. I never speak ill of my ex to my son. He was only 2&1/2 when we split. He saw his dad not coming to pick him up, empty promises etc. Then when he was 10, his dad, with his new family moved all the way across the USA. My son actually hates his dad, that makes me sad. He has memories that I don't so I have to support him. The last time we talked about his dad he said "he is not my dad, he was a sperm donor" my dad is the one I grew up with here.

I can relate to that, Angel....my adopted boys' father was a habitual offender, heroin addict and god-knows-what-else.....in and out of prison & jails....even got a DWI on a bicycle!....:lol:...tried to change a tire on a car and put the tire on backwards.....:laugh2:...you get the idea!....He called my oldest boy awhile back from "Mississippi"...said he had found him "a good ol' country girl"....(and he is from New York)....:roll:...and asked if he could come down to stay with him for awhile.....My oldest boy told him...."There ain't no way, Jose!"....and hung up....

Back