Disgraced pastor Haggard admits second relationship with man

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make lev. any less valid.

Anyways, it doesn't really MATTER to me because I am not Christian BUT I can't stand how fundamentalists pick and choose to follow certain things.

Haggard's Church cited Leviticus against homosexuality, and I want to know why they are ignoring the whole passage and not lobbying for him to be put to death.

Oh, and the mod says this convo is too close to discussing religion so...I dont know what is "discussing religion" and what isnt.

I wouldnt share with the main board what a mod has said to you in private. Just saying to keep you out of trouble here.

Anyway I think any religious debate that may or may not take place in this thread should be taken to PMs.

back on track - Why do you feel that Haggard should or should not be banished from being in a Church leadership position. Of course if one cannot serve in a leadership capacity, one could serve in another position.

I wouldnt share with the main board what a mod has said to you in private. Just saying to keep you out of trouble here.

Anyway I think any religious debate that may or may not take place in this thread should be taken to PMs.

back on track - Why do you feel that Haggard should or should not be banished from being in a Church leadership position. Of course if one cannot serve in a leadership capacity, one could serve in another position.

I think it's up to the church to decide what happens to him. I am indifferent to their decision.

"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Leviticus 20:13

So why isn't Haggard's church lobbying for him to be put to death? Aren't they fundamentalists? Why pick and choose?
I can't speak for his church but maybe:

1. They don't want to break the laws of the US.

2. "Fundamentalists" follow the New Testament way of dealing with sinners.

3. They aren't Jews under Mosaic law.

You would have to ask them about their reason.

Suppose someone posted, "I saw on TV that Queen Elizabeth and Keith Moon were having an affair." Would you just accept that statement as true or would you expect the poster give you a reference for proof?

That's the same about the Bible. If someone posts something about what the Bible says, they should give the reference to prove it. Otherwise, people can say outrageous lies about the Bible and some people just accept them as true.

That reference is moot because Keith Moon has been dead since 1978.

Do your research. :P

Yep! Him having an affair with Queen Elizabeth really would be news, now wouldn't it?

Yep! Him having an affair with Queen Elizabeth really would be news, now wouldn't it?

She'd probably get her knickers in a twist if Keith started banging on her drum like Animal.

Like duh, of course I knew he was dead; that's specifically why I picked him. :roll:

Like duh, of course I knew he was dead; that's specifically why I picked him. :roll:

See? Why you use his name for? It seem to us that you think we are too stupid to beleive anything? You are wrong... We use our good common sense to view what we believe in or not...

Mod Note:

Okay, we have enough for now -- I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back