Discrimination

Deafness.

They wouldn't provide for an interpreter for staff meetings after requesting it several times.

I filed a complaint with EEOC and then my employer fired me for doing that.

I sued.

I won.

Well done. Hopefully they learned the lesson taught. :cheers:

oh btw - what did you win as the result of this lawsuit?

Well done. Hopefully they learned the lesson taught. :cheers:

I'm sure they have learned their lesson. Not only they had to pay compensation stemming from the lawsuit but they are also on watch by EEOC meaning that EEOC will periodically check in on them to make sure that they are adhereing to the federal laws.

oh btw - what did you win as the result of this lawsuit?

A good compensation package.

:D Good job! Hard lesson that the company had to learn.

Thanks.

It was 3 1/2 year legal battle and I did all the legal work myself as well as represented myself.

When it was getting down to the final wire before court date--they wanted to settle.

I was figuring approxiamately $ 30,000 in damages but they offered $ 45,000 to settle.

I took it! :lol:

As that adage goes, "There is a sucker born every minute." :lol: In this case--it was them!

Thanks.

It was 3 1/2 year legal battle and I did all the legal work myself as well as represented myself.

When it was getting down to the final wire before court date--they wanted to settle.

I was figuring approxiamately $ 30,000 in damages but they offered $ 45,000 to settle.

I took it! :lol:

As that adage goes, "There is a sucker born every minute." :lol: In this case--it was them!

3.5 years!?!? :jaw:

several months to a year :laugh2:

I wish but that is not how the court system works. Very slow and cumbersome.

Secondly when one feels that they have been discriminated against--the courts would prefer for one to go through EEOC and that takes about a year for EEOC to decide as they have to investigate, interview individuals, etc.

If EEOC agrees with you--then you can file a suit against the other party.

The reasoning for the courts to prefer one to go through EEOC is due to the volume of lawsuits that are already in the court system and they would prefer the case to have merit.

3.5 years is a short time, compared to other suits similar to that.

If you would not have agreed to settle, It would have lasted a lot longer than that.

Exactly.

If it was a class-action lawsuit--then it would've taken a lot longer. Since it was me--it was about right.

Did you know that if you were involved in a MVA and file a lawsuit against the other party--that could take about 1.5 years to 2 years?

Yes, I was discriminated because of my personal background and my belief...

don't be blame or discimmition no more complaint to you I Hope be hapyp sound great. I agree you karissaMann05

well it was laugheable really. the worst was the OFFCP investigator who presneted at a workshop. kept saying handicapped and I corrected him. finally he snapped and call me a racist and I signed you're a deafist.

Sorry you had a bad experience with EEOC.

well it was laugheable really. the worst was the OFFCP investigator who presneted at a workshop. kept saying handicapped and I corrected him. finally he snapped and call me a racist and I signed you're a deafist.

WTH?

Why would you continually interrupt an individual who is giving a presentation when one can wait until the end of the presentation to let them know about the term, "handicapped"?

All you two did was berate each other instead of empowering one another.

WTH?

Why would you continually interrupt an individual who is giving a presentation when one can wait until the end of the presentation to let them know about the term, "handicapped"?

All you two did was berate each other instead of empowering one another.

Exactly. And, in the end, accomplished nothing. Trying to fight discrimination by using more discrimination is futile.

Back