Disability for obesity related health problems

Make spaghetti for dinner to eat 5 of family is cheaper.

1 lbs. ground beef - $3
1 jar of spaghetti sauce - $2
1 box of spaghetti pasta - approx $1
2 liter of Coke - $1

You can add garlic bread if desired, wal fart brand gralic bread cost $2, I think so.

It is cheaper than fast food to feed family of 5.

Never use a whole pound of ground beef for the family, and never use it in spaghetti. At WalDumb, the ground beef is $4.50, spaghetti sauce is 82 cents, spaghetti noodles, 82 cents, no soda allowed in my house and we use cuban bread $1 and I make the garlic spread for pennies. The sauce has too much sodium, and family is not happy with spaghetti for dinner. Even if I add meat and a side salad, they would prefer a casserole to spaghetti.

okay - not much fat, but still, we prefer the ramen over spaghetti. We find it to be cheaper to feed the family. I only get them maybe once a month. I am using more whole wheat pasta. Walmart dropped the price on it, but I don't like the taste, so I have to have a sauce of some kind.

We have started buying wheat pasta too...getting used to the taste.

However, to avoid gaining weight, we use two portions of different kinds of veggies with the meat for dinner instead of our usual (meat, startchy foods, and veggies) lately.

We have started buying wheat pasta too...getting used to the taste.

However, to avoid gaining weight, we use two portions of different kinds of veggies with the meat for dinner instead of our usual (meat, startchy foods, and veggies) lately.

I love whole wheat spaghetti. :)

sequoias, I love whole grain pasta too. I like Eden's Sprouted Whole Grain-

Never use a whole pound of ground beef for the family, and never use it in spaghetti. At WalDumb, the ground beef is $4.50, spaghetti sauce is 82 cents, spaghetti noodles, 82 cents, no soda allowed in my house and we use cuban bread $1 and I make the garlic spread for pennies. The sauce has too much sodium, and family is not happy with spaghetti for dinner. Even if I add meat and a side salad, they would prefer a casserole to spaghetti.

Why no soda allowed in your house? :lol:

Never heard of Cuban bread in here.

Me too, I find more flavour in it than I do with the white kind.

sequoias, I love whole grain pasta too. I like Eden's Sprouted Whole Grain-

Yeah, they have more flavor than the white ones...slightly more "crunchy".

I love mixing spaghetti with olive oil...along with paramesan cheese, mmmm good!

Why no soda allowed in your house? :lol:

Never heard of Cuban bread in here.

We've just never allowed soda. 3 of us are trying to lose weight and I cannot have the artificial sweeteners that are in diet sodas. If I need a soda for anything, we will buy an individual bottle.

As far as the Cuban bread, we have a LOT of Cubans and Puerto Ricans here from their countries, so that the local WalMart bakeries provide both Cuban bread and Puerto Rican bread fresh daily. It is something only available in South Florida as far as I know. We also have foods that are native to Haiti as well.

Wirelessly posted

The issue is so much more complicated than "eating too much fast food."

People want an easy answer so they can blame the victim. Makes life much easier that way, and gives them the impression that they are not vulnerable.

We've just never allowed soda. 3 of us are trying to lose weight and I cannot have the artificial sweeteners that are in diet sodas. If I need a soda for anything, we will buy an individual bottle.

As far as the Cuban bread, we have a LOT of Cubans and Puerto Ricans here from their countries, so that the local WalMart bakeries provide both Cuban bread and Puerto Rican bread fresh daily. It is something only available in South Florida as far as I know. We also have foods that are native to Haiti as well.

I <3 cuban food. I had a great cuban meal when I was in Miami couple years ago.

Back