Disability for obesity related health problems

so am I. I don't see people rushing out to buy cars.

why blame corporations? blame people for not having personal responsibility. they're a grown-up.

I guess you want the government to step in and coddle them? spoon-feed them too? tell us what to eat and what not to eat?

part of it is true.

nope, there's nothing i can do about it. like i said people's choice. for people with obesity blame themselves i mean...fat people complain, "gosh, i'm so fattttttt". :roll:

oh, well.

ramen noodles info:
Ramen noodles nutrition facts

that's why i don't eat ramen noodles everyday because of high in sodium. my mom and sisters told me, "eat ramen noodles is not good for everyday".

so after i eat ramen noodle soup then i drank alot of water.

yea, some of them don't want to eat beans, that's a food picky. well, before i refuse to eat beans or lentils then i'm like "why not give it a try"? then later i liked it because it goes with a flavor not just beans or lentils..mixed with spices, vegetables, tomatoes sauce and pasta. that was my boyfriend's cooking.

Those nutrition facts are assuming that you use the seasoning packet and make it like soup. Skip the packet and drain the water and use the noodles. Very low in sodium.

Those nutrition facts are assuming that you use the seasoning packet and make it like soup. Skip the packet and drain the water and use the noodles. Very low in sodium.

then why buy ramen? why not just buy pasta?

it's like buying a hamburger at McDonald but you take out meat.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

or japanese noodles, they're cheap and has very low sodium. It comes in plastic container with see-thru. You can make good soup with that.

then why buy ramen? why not just buy pasta?

Ramen noodles are 18-25 cents a pack, the vermicelli/linguine/spaghetti noodles are 82 cents for the box. So, for 36-50 cents I can feed the 5 of us as opposed to the 82 cents for a heavier noodle.

so am I. I don't see people rushing out to buy cars.

why blame corporations? blame people for not having personal responsibility. they're a grown-up.

I guess you want the government to step in and coddle them? spoon-feed them too? tell us what to eat and what not to eat?

To an extent, the government is responsible. They are the ones who hired city designers, and they are the ones responsible for designing our infrastructure. The way our cities is laid out is screwed up. Right now, the innercities are designed to cater to the businesses, not the residents. So what does that do? Well, since busses are often too slow for many people, and people prefer driving due to a horrid and terribly outdated infrastructure-- it is further pigeon-holing poor people into going to fast food places, rather than their local markets.

I am glad Victoria doesn't have the same innercity problems that Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary and other major cities have-- there are farmer markets everywhere around here, and it seems like there are more grocery stores than takeout restuarants-- and all are easily accessible on foot or by bike.

But, I will agree with you, the government shouldn't be a nanny regarding how we choose to live our lifestyle-- all I ask though is to take responsibility for the mess they have created.

Ramen noodles are 18-25 cents a pack, the vermicelli/linguine/spaghetti noodles are 82 cents for the box. So, for 36-50 cents I can feed the 5 of us as opposed to the 82 cents for a heavier noodle.

so for family of 5 - that means 5 pack of ramen which means 90 cents to $1.25. the worst part? very unfulfilled... which means ya'all will eat something else... which adds to overall cost.

a pack of spaghetti noodle (16 oz) is plenty enough to feed 5 hungry people.

or japanese noodles, they're cheap and has very low sodium. It comes in plastic container with see-thru. You can make good soup with that.

the see-thru plastic wrap? that's not ramen. it's udon. I love it.

a thick noodle, right?

Its not ramen, its japanese style noodles...the ones that look almost clear strings, not very dense like ramen.

Asian grocery stores are good place to find many kinds of good food.

so for family of 5 - that means 5 pack of ramen which means 90 cents to $1.25. the worst part? very unfulfilled... which means ya'all will eat something else... which adds to overall cost.

That I agree with. I usually make pasta for potlucks for that reason. The last one I attended, I was the only one that brought any substainable more than two people. I don't know... Chinese takeouts designed for one person, deli meat and mini-donuts seem to be a copout to me for a potluck of 40 or more people. Must be because my family like to cook large portions for large events. Anyway, two packages ($2-$4 in total) of vermicelli noodles plus a jar of pasta sauce ($4) was enough for everyone at that potluck to have at least three re-fills and there were STILL enough left over afterward for people to take home.

Instant noodles are not very filling; they are not suppose to be in the first place-- they were meant to be snacks, not meals in Asia. Pasta, especially Italian, are suppose to be a lot healthier, and a lot more sustainable in the same weight.

Its not ramen, its japanese style noodles...the ones that look almost clear strings, not very dense like ramen.

Rice sticks? Rice noodles? Rice vermicelli? Mung bean nooodles? Glass noodles?

They all come in clear packages and the noodles themselves are almost "see-through."

I believe its rice noodles...:hmm:

clear? like this one?

CookedCellophaneNoodles.jpg

To an extent, the government is responsible. They are the ones who hired city designers, and they are the ones responsible for designing our infrastructure. The way our cities is laid out is screwed up. Right now, the innercities are designed to cater to the businesses, not the residents. So what does that do? Well, since busses are often too slow for many people, and people prefer driving due to a horrid and terribly outdated infrastructure-- it is further pigeon-holing poor people into going to fast food places, rather than their local markets.

I am glad Victoria doesn't have the same innercity problems that Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary and other major cities have-- there are farmer markets everywhere around here, and it seems like there are more grocery stores than takeout restuarants-- and all are easily accessible on foot or by bike.

But, I will agree with you, the government shouldn't be a nanny regarding how we choose to live our lifestyle-- all I ask though is to take responsibility for the mess they have created.

Most big cities I have been in have grocery stores and farmer's markets downtown.

I was just at the Safeway in downtown Portland....went to the Monday farmers market there too

one pack of Ramen noodles is 2 servings, not 1. I cook 2 packages, and supplement with veggies and a homemade cheese or cream sauce. Sometimes, I add meat other times we just go meatless. Family loves it and I figure, my cost per serving for the meatless is about $1.80-$2.50 each, depending on the cost of the veggies.

! 16oz box of spaghetti noddles does not really satisfy my family. We prefer the lighter noddle. I also have been known to buy Shirataki (sp?) noodles. (They're more expensive)

Most big cities I have been in have grocery stores and farmer's markets downtown.

I was just at the Safeway in downtown Portland....went to the Monday farmers market there too

Downtown isn't the same as "innercity." Usually that phrase is reserved for the poorest parts of the cities; it's a nicer way of saying "ghetto" or "slum." Or residential areas where neither suburbs or commercial buildings exist.

Downtown isn't the same as "innercity." Usually that phrase is reserved for the poorest parts of the cities; it's a nicer way of saying "ghetto" or "slum."

Hmm..... Will get back to you

that's a rather foreign concept to me. lot of ramen doesn't have meat unless it's japanese, I think. I eat Korean brand so I wouldn't know. I've had japanese ramen at japanese restaurant which had pork so I tried it. boy.... was it incredibly salty. yuck.

no wonder Korean ramen is #1 popular one in Asia (Japan, China, etc) and probably America.

Oh yup, that's remind me of Japanese restaurant in 2006, I ate Japanese noodles with beef flavor and taste so very salty, after that so I had different plates, it was too way bigger meal with just $30 per person.

16oz box of spaghetti noddles does not really satisfy my family.

really? I find that hard to believe. if 16ox box of spaghetti noodles does not satisfy your family - then how does a pack of ramen fulfill ya'all?

Maybe we're not on same page about ramen. The pack of ramen... is it something like this?

instantramen.jpg

Back