Digital Hearing!

I have a Digital Hearing aid and it's amazing. However, i have trouble deciefer alot of words from the other (coz they sound alike). Just because i hear the noise does not mean i understand speech though. That's the shitty part (and i got mine was i was 15...that's 3 years ago...) but eitehr way they're amazing! A lot of sounds that i never knew existed i can hear (if i listen) and they sound so digital and not real. Lol.

I do have a question though, and my audiologist never explained it to me. What are the hearing loss frequencies...like...what's 50 dbls? (is that the right abreviation? If not, i'm sorry!) Is 50 dbls bad? What is considered bad and what is considered good?

I have over 90dB (profound) hearing loss in both ears. I wear hearing aids.
My parents wanted me to consider the option of getting a CI. I was declined.
Why? Because I was considered a high functioning deaf female.

I never wanted a CI anyway, I'm happy with the way things are.

Last edited:
Breezy said:
I do have a question though, and my audiologist never explained it to me. What are the hearing loss frequencies...like...what's 50 dbls? (is that the right abreviation? If not, i'm sorry!) Is 50 dbls bad? What is considered bad and what is considered good?

-10dB to 25dB= Normal Range
26dB to 40dB= Mild Hearing Loss
41dB to 55dB= Moderate Hearing Loss
56dB to 70dB= Moderately Severe Hearing Loss
71dB to 90dB= Severe Hearing Loss
Over 90dB= Profound Hearing Loss

In my personal opinion your hearing loss is not bad or good.

^ ooh ok thanx! I'll have to ask my audiologist what mine is the next time i go. I havent had my hearing test done in 3 years so i'm guessing i should go soon...so thanx!:D

^ ooh thanx! It makes a bit more sense to me now! lol. I"ll have to ask my audiologist what mine is the next time i go.

THANX!:D

Crap, didn't mean to double post. It got some gateway error after i tried to sumbit it...sorry!

You may find digital aids amazing, you may not see a big difference between digital and analog aids. and so on. I wear analog aids and am fine with them! I have a digital hearing aid. It works alright for me. I hear if you get it wet once it wont work again. Thanks for sharing..

I have digital hearing aids but I have moderate to severe hearing loss. I love my digitals. My abiity to hear better is phenomenal due to the digitals having better clarity for me. They automatically adjust to different scenarios or I can manually change them. My choice to add the manual features as I was used to having that with the old kind all my life.

My mother has 0 percent hearing without hearing aids. I also got her to get digitals and everyone noticed how much better she could understand what was being said.

When I first got my hearing aids I was hearing sounds they called white noises that I'd never heard before. I was also very tired for awhile because my brain had to get used to processing all the new sounds.

I guess my opinion doesn't matter because of my hearing loss but for those who are like me I would recommend them in a heart beat.

I have 2 pairs of digital hearing aids, one old and the other was new
they're both Oticons :)

so my old digital hearing aid is crap and my new ones are great!

ok seriously, why do you keep bringing up years old threads?! I'm sorry, but it gets kind of old seeing OLD threads being brought up frequently.

Pez,

you can't say "severe/moderate" that's uphill be sure to say moderate to severe or mild to moderate or mild to severe.

You in fact can say that. I myself have a severe hearing loss in the low tones, which slopes upward to only a moderate hearing loss in the higher tones. It's called a reverse slope loss, and mine is classified as severe/moderate. :D

ok seriously, why do you keep bringing up years old threads?! I'm sorry, but it gets kind of old seeing OLD threads being brought up frequently.

What's wrong with bring up old threads? I enjoy reading those for most part.

Back