Digital Hearing!

Waz

Reaction score
Hi Buddies

I Just Heard that Digital hearing is now popular for deaf user, as i told the Audiology wil i be qualifed for one as he told me not realy coz of my profound deafness as digital hearing aid is not a powerful than orignal one!

So any of you got one and wat it is like ?? :)

I got a pair for my daughter. They're expensive. The first digital hearing aid were not that good but now they have the {power} digital aids that can be ajusted

That is cool buddy, does ur daughter hear well with digital aids?

Originally posted by LeviathanC
Hmmm....never heard of digital hearing before. Hmm...:dunno:

digital hearing is like CD
regular hearing aids is like tape.

Therefore you get idea... a better quanity.

Originally posted by LeviathanC
Hmmm....never heard of digital hearing before. Hmm...:dunno:
yeah I heard about that, I don't think I need that cuz I have 1 hearing aid which is good enoughh!!

Waz, as I say to everyone....experiment with the different types of aids and see which type is right for you. You may find digital aids amazing, you may not see a big difference between digital and analog aids. and so on. I wear analog aids and am fine with them!

I have a digital hearing aid. It works alright for me. I hear if you get it wet once it wont work again.

I used to have a digital hearing aid. It broke twice... for no reason. Jeez!

Profoundly deaf hearing aid users should look to an implant for better hearing.
Digi aids arent powerful enough to provide enough benefit. Staying with analog doesnt provide as much hearing gain as an implant would.

Originally posted by Cain Marko
Digi aids arent powerful enough to provide enough benefit. Staying with analog doesnt provide as much hearing gain as an implant would.

the new digital hearing aids {power aids} do a much better job them the old digital hearing aids

It all depends on a persons loss and experience but I was talking about digi aids from maybe a 1 and a half ago.
last exper with them was then

Originally posted by bbnt
the new digital hearing aids {power aids} do a much better job them the old digital hearing aids

What's the name of the brand does your daughter wear now?

I have a friend that is severly profound.. and she wears digital hearing aids and it works. I'm thinking about getting one myself, but they ARE expensive, the last I heard it was 1,000 dollars for just one. soo.. 2,000 for both... not including doctor visits, etc... hmmm. I lost my hearing a while ago, not too long.. might work. hm I dunno. :shrug:

My 3 year old son just recieved his new digital hearing aids a week ago. He has a moderate hearing loss (50 db hearing loss) and hears pretty well with them and talks more clearly and understands more better on what other people or myself tell him. I have never had digital hearing aids or knew anyone who has one.. and I was surprised to find out from my son's audiologist that the volume doesn't need to be adjusted manually, the digital hearing aids does that itself since it was set up to match for my son's 50dB hearing loss. Nice! :) He likes them, and always asks to have them on every morning he wakes up. I thought it would take a while for him to get used to it but he has already gotten used to it and likes it. I'm proud of him and impressed how well he has become well-adjusted to his digital hearing aids. When he is tired or just doesn't feel like keeping them on, (it happens rarely) He would take them off and give them to me or to his father,which is a good thing instead of throwing them or wherever since they are expensive. His health insurance covers the cost of the hearing aids, so lucky us..

I dunno if mines digtial but i ll just post here, im using otcion hearing aid and it has been a helpful use for me and made my mom's hands less stressful for us, so we can communicate and if her hands start hurting more often like now we can verbally communicate yes i do sign alot in case she didn t get my vocal wordings. and i would spell things out for her just in case i can't pronounce a word ( understanding HAWAII WORDS ARE HARD TO PRONOUCE!)

Cain, sorry but not ALL profoundly deaf hearing aid users will qualify for an implant. If you have profound/severe hearing loss and you're HOH with them on, then you are NOT qualified for a CI

Back