Difficuties

changes to the ear canal due to taking showers, never knew that
fascinating...

changes to the ear canal due to taking showers, never knew that
fascinating...

Could be more due to the fact that the ear canal is wet and slippery so the mold slides around a bit and causes feedback. Can't remember if that ever happened when I used to swim all the time as a kid on the swim team. That was fun though..:P Barely any vision (juuuust enough to identify the environment and blobs of people) and no hearing lol :). Most people knew who I was tho and watched out.

the best way to avoid any feedback is to live life free, no wires attached..

To me is not freedom, is being restricted not being able to talk on the phone voice - to - voice.
Having to relay on gadgets like TTY, Relay Services, Video Relay, PDA, Videophone, etc is not always enough when communicating
with hearing person. Particularly in official settings, like businesses. Not all business, particularly small, have good understanding
about the deaf person devices. So no, wire free it's not bliss to me.
That is why I believe as beautiful as ASL and being Deaf is, having HAs and CI is also very helpful for the deaf and Deaf.
It gives more means of communications and independence, sometimes total.

Fuzzy

To me is not freedom, is being restricted not being able to talk on the phone voice - to - voice.
Having to relay on gadgets like TTY, Relay Services, Video Relay, PDA, Videophone, etc is not always enough when communicating
with hearing person. Particularly in official settings, like businesses. Not all business, particularly small, have good understanding
about the deaf person devices. So no, wire free it's not bliss to me.
That is why I believe as beautiful as ASL and being Deaf is, having HAs and CI is also very helpful for the deaf and Deaf.
It gives more means of communications and independence, sometimes total.

Fuzzy

you've missed my point..
i wasn't stating anything at all regarding convenience or lack thereof..
but since you've brought it up
freedom is often very inconvenient, it certainly can be argued the products you push only pile on more inconvenience on top of inconvenience, after all CI entire raison d'etre is manufactured dependence.

like all those adds from big pharma offering a pill for every plm, so that non can escape....with adds that feature actors dancing through sunshine, in bliss and happiness, with butterflies and smiles...
once you step outside the trap of trying to solve social plms medically (the tag and measurement of the audiological construct that is deafness), you will see the value of solving them socially -sign. ie being Deaf.

until then you never will be able to..

Yes, there is always certain payoff in everything- something for something, true.
"Free as a Deaf" has a payoff - not being able to do certain things, having technology that enables to thing which "free Deaf" can not
creates different set of problems or inconveniences as you've said, yes. You gain something and I gain something, you lose something and I lose something.

Fuzzy

Yes, there is always certain payoff in everything- something for something, true.
"Free as a Deaf" has a payoff - not being able to do certain things, having technology that enables to thing which "free Deaf" can not
creates different set of problems or inconveniences as you've said, yes. You gain something and I gain something, you lose something and I lose something.

Fuzzy

its substance of those somethings that matter..

look
if you think your free being drilled into, jacked up and wired into..by multi-nationals...by the very products designed to manufacture your dependence on them then..

alright..

Last edited:
We both need products :)
When you talk to your Deaf friends you use what? Videophone? Iphone? or cell phone sms?
:giggle:

without V-Ph or at the very least an sms-able phone you are as helpless as I am without my HAs.

Fuzzy

We both need products :)
When you talk to your Deaf friends you use what? Videophone? Iphone? or cell phone sms?
:giggle:

without V-Ph or at the very least an sms-able phone you are as helpless as I am without my HAs.

Fuzzy

my issue is NOT with the technological devices. its with the practices and behaviour of the very companies and combined system that produces them and that you support, in their actions of DENYING sign language acquisition to Deaf babies and children, and with them keeping Deaf children away from other Deaf children so that they do not "revert back to being Deaf"...ie phonocentric colonialism.

if multi-nationals did this in regards to jewish children? how would you feel?
how black children? how about native children? the actual same policies in regards to native assimilation are used with Deaf..

that's my plm...and not just my plm either..

ive stated it all over the place

to a related example. one can have an issue with beauty products in regards to those companies testing them on animals but not be opposed to the idea of beauty products...

can you see?

the opposition is to the behaviour of the companies not the actual products themselves..

im no place near helpless lady..really i've done stretches in the joint, ive been around the world, i've lived in mexico when it was eating itself to pieces...lived on three continents...worked in 6 countries.

im stubborn yes, i'm a charmer indeed, but no one who has ever met me would ever think i'm helpless..

i wouldn't be able to make a living as i do if i was

Last edited:
You are not a charmer and you are incapable of listening. Yes, I know what your issue is - I understood it many eons ago.
I also insisted long ago that implanting children should go together with teaching ASL and immersing fully into the Deaf world and Deaf culture which you of course are incapable of seeing as you are blinded by your own, the only, little boxed vision.
Adult deaf, is up to them what choices they do.

Fuzzy

You keep missing that interaction with the hearing world is required to survive out here and that everybody is not in love with not be able to hear. Some of us hate the hell out of what nature has forced us to tolerate, and are quite grateful those multinationals are trying to ease the burden. Not everybody signs at places like banks, restaurants & just plain out in the world in general.

You are not a charmer and you are incapable of listening. Yes, I know what your issue is - I understood it many eons ago.
I also insisted long ago that implanting children should go together with teaching ASL and immersing fully into the Deaf world and Deaf culture which you of course are incapable of seeing as you are blinded by your own, the only, little boxed vision.
Adult deaf, is up to them what choices they do.

Fuzzy

but this discussion isn't about you or I. you and i are not beings in a vacuum.
ist about something much more then just you and i.

so your statement is hallow. when you actually support the very entities you do, while you claim you do not support the very behaviours of they do.

why attack me?
we are having a polite conversation
and do we not agree then?

if indeed you truly were sincere in your opposition to the very practices i've stated they do and you accept they do then why not help us stop them doing it?
why support them?

if they are doing the very thing you in the above post claim you oppose?

instead i ask you to help us stop them doing what they are doing.
which since you have stated you oppose them doing what they are doing..shouldn't be too hard to fathom right?

indeed its up to adults to make their own choices, choices by definition mean more then one option to choose from. adults also, if they are responsible will discern wisely as to the products harm caused to others. in the end if the adult still chooses his drugs or bug pharma product regardless of the harm to others, the earth, or herself..indeed that's a choice...

and i agree

my only issue with those who use crack is that it affects others in a negative way...
adults indeed can choose regardless,
but that choice does not negate the actual harm.

same goes for products tested on animals, or products used in colonialism and assimilation and the eradication of cultures and peoples.

so i ask again now that we it appears agree.

help us stop them doing the very behaviour you state you oppose.

Last edited:
You keep missing that interaction with the hearing world is required to survive out here and that everybody is not in love with not be able to hear. Some of us hate the hell out of what nature has forced us to tolerate, and are quite grateful those multinationals are trying to ease the burden. Not everybody signs at places like banks, restaurants & just plain out in the world in general.

i have survived as Deaf as Deaf for 30 years in the world..

again this isn't about me, or even you its about our babies and our children and our cultures and peoples survival.

that's what this is about..

so how would you feel if the very behavior inflicted on Deaf was done to jews? or blacks? or natives? how about whites? how about gays?

Artificial retina for the blind are being tested on animals as well as treatments for diabetes. Artificial hearts also were tested on animals. Parents might be choosing CIs for their kid for the simple reason that it's a dog eat dog world. They just don't want their kids on the inside of the dog looking out if you get my drift.

I am not attacking you Hoichi. I simply stated you are incapable of listening - it's just true.
I do not wish to continue.

Fuzzy

Artificial retina for the blind are being tested on animals as well as treatments for diabetes. Artificial hearts also were tested on animals. Parents might be choosing CIs for their kid for the simple reason that it's a dog eat dog world. They just don't want their kids on the inside of the dog looking out if you get my drift.

yes i used the animal testing of other products to illustrate a point.

i never stated anything at all regarding CI testing on animals. and of course they did that.

that was not point at all.. if you are unable to see my point pls re read my post slowly and carefully thank you.

i do not know what you teach for a living. but i teach traditional japanese martial arts for a living, specifically GoJu ryu seiwa kai, goshukan gojukai, yamaguci ha lienege karate do.
and i'm telling you here right now. and this is just my experience in the very field i make a living in, by all means feel free to ignore any advice here give...

having a CI in no way is something you want in your head during a violent engagement. with the likes of me or anyone worth their salt when it matters. yes lets chat dog eat dog shall we.
if i was a dog (im not) but if i was, and another dog such as yourself decided to come and eat me..as dogs do. and i faced one such as yourself, who had 5 or 6 or whatever of CI happily drilled into them, i guarantee you, my weapons i bring to bare on you...that is my hands, feet elbows, knees, fingers, for arms, head, my third arm...ect every single weapon i have and know how to use. i'm focusing on the points that have metal drilled into your head... until your no longer a threat. as your head with the metal pieces meets another object wall, railing, ground its a fun world, be imaginative....all occurring very very quickly in rapid order....

i'm not targeting your jaw....pal...
i'm going for your CIs..and i'm going to crush them either into you or remove them form you...

DOG!

moving on..

the above is only an example to illustrate a point. in no way shape or form is it a threat (i'm a pacifist and a buddhist by faith and conviction) i have stated the above to help you see the error in the thinking that having a computer and metal drilled into you is something that will serve you well in a violent encounter.

it most certainly will not!

in other words. heed my words here, i've been around. having metal implants in your skull is not anything you want in a fight..with real deal on the line shit that matters.

this is friendly advice...
im very serious.

the get a CI its a dog eat dog world doesn't sell...

can you answer the questions i asked you?
thank you

Last edited:
I did not mean in a violent situation. I meant deaf kids have to compete in this world for jobs educational opportunities & just making it in the world period and some kids have enough of the deck stacked against them. Maybe their parents don't want hearing loss working against them to. Implanting them may be an act of love by some parents to make sure their kids have a even playing field with hearing kids. Have you ever considers that may factor in to their decision?

I did not mean in a violent situation. I meant deaf kids have to compete in this world for jobs educational opportunities & just making it in the world period and some kids have enough of the deck stacked against them. Maybe their parents don't want hearing loss working against them to. Implanting them may be an act of love by some parents to make sure their kids have a even playing field with hearing kids. Have you ever considers that may factor in to their decision?

then why not help even the odds?
rather then actively work to DENY the very language Deaf can perceive and acquire right away from birth, instead help us get sign into the hands and heart of every born Deaf

acquiring fluency in sign as a first language will help even the odds not keeping a Deaf child in language isolation...from the very language we can perceive.

the uneven playing field is a social plm not a medical one.
the field is uneven because of discrimination and audism and prejudice those are social plms, and need to be handled in social ways.
rather then assimilation at all costs regardless of the harm done, why not play to Deafs strengths?

and i've asked you some questions
be man enough to answer them
its a discussion i wont bite..

To try an answer at least one of your questions. The only way to achieve what you propose is to get the FDA & WHO to collectively outlaw CIs worldwide for babies. Then after that we can go over to MIT and solve that cold fusion thing for them.

Back