Dieting...

Magatsu said:
Meg, I have a second thought now. My biggest 'fear' that people may will take me or my attitude as 'mr. know it all' or 'arrogant'. I know that I tend to be helpful but sometimes being helpful can be annoying others or something...

.__.

:werd: I hear you. Magatsu. I sometimes wonder if I come off as a "Ms know-it-all". I don't want to come off that way, but I'm afraid I do, sometimes. I've just been through a lot of crap, and I don't want others to know the pain I've known.

Its hard when you are perceived a certain way, and you know you're not that way, and you mean well. :hug:

Pythia said:
Great thread, Angel.

Counting calories is the way to lose weight. 1,200 calories is the common count to lose weight. I struggle to maintain my weight. I’m 5’7" and weigh 120. I use the Slim in 6 (SI6) program five times a week and walk with my dogs every day in the am and pm. If I don't have time to do SI6, I do the belly dance. It lasts only 20 minutes.
Please don't take my comments wrong.. I did not criticizing you or your belief at all. I want to share my opinion nothing more.. if I did offend you or anything at all, please let me know.

It does not always work that way because our bodies are complex energy-conserve 'machines'. So if anyone want to lose some weights, anyone lower the consuming of calories.. anyone's body weight will decrease but.. it was anyone's organ or muscles' weights or mass that decreases, not fats. That is really bad for our healthy. At same time, our bodies will realize that we reduce the consuming of calories, its system will 'change' to energy-conserve mode to conserve the fats for 'emergency' while its will devour our muscles to provide the necessary nutritions for our involuntary organs.

That's why it is very rare for people to stay healthy on low-calories diet.. they will get sick eventually. As you can see some super models are way thin and they have practically lowest muscles ratio in their arms, back, etc.. that is totally unhealthy. They had to use lot of make ups to make them look good... Without these, their skin will show some kind of condition and pale.

Actually, weight problem is not calorie-related issue.. It is 'good' and 'bad' foods issue. In old civilizans, they consumes two or three times of our diet yet stay in very good shape. It is not due to their 'activities' at all... It is all about foods itself. In my opinion, calories theory is totally myth.

Heck, I even experimented on myself by consuming massive red meats (2 - 3 lbs of pasture-feed organic red meats daily) with one or two gallons of pasture-feed organic raw milk plus 1 quart of pasture-feed organic raw cream ('good' fats) daily... with no exercises, not even walk for two months. My weight does increase but it was only muscles. I had several fats tests... fats ratio went down, not increase.

Last edited:
ravensteve1961 said:
Theres no point here,,Like i said,,,If god wants you skinny youll be skinny. If god wants you thin youll be thin.

can you please cut the nonsense!? look at what happened to the other thread!! it will happen again to this thread if you continue with your ongoing nonsense about god!! this is about DIETING NOT GOD!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD..

EDIT:--> NOTE: i am gonna go off topic here .. you NEED A FRIGGING HEAD TRANSPLANT.. not a cochlear implant, dude!! HASTA LA VISTA!! SMOOCHES!! :D

Last edited:
zesty said:
can you please cut the nonsense!? look at what happened to the other thread!! it will happen again to this thread if you continue with your ongoing nonsense about god!! this is about DIETING NOT GOD!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD..

EDIT:--> NOTE: i am gonna go off topic here .. you NEED A FRIGGING HEAD TRANSPLANT.. not a cochlear implant, dude!! HASTA LA VISTA!! SMOOCHES!! :D

Whoa! Breathe, girl, breathe!!

Don't let Steve get you steamed. It's SO not worth it.

Oceanbreeze said:
Whoa! Breathe, girl, breathe!!

Don't let Steve get you steamed. It's SO not worth it.

haha.. i just felt like telling him about the head transplant.. cuz he deserves it MUCH MORE than the CI anyway.. i am sure you would concur with me dear girlfriend!! :cheers:

zesty, yeah these diets usually are full of bullshit so I completely agree with you. Glad that you made the breakthrough with your weight issue, keep it up gal! :thumb:

zesty said:
haha.. i just felt like telling him about the head transplant.. cuz he deserves it MUCH MORE than the CI anyway.. i am sure you would concur with me dear girlfriend!! :cheers:

I concur, yes. But, I ALSO want to live alittle longer. Getting pissed off and dying of a stroke from a burst blood vessel in the brain would TOTALLY SUCK!

:rofl:

jazzy said:
Wow, my story is little bit alike yours except I was health freak and went to see this man about nutrients. I decided to become vegatarian and took herbs to cleanse my body cuz I did not want any health problems when I get older. I almost destroyed myself by dong this and I went temporary insane. I had to spend a night at the hopsital to wake myself up and I cant be a vegatarian and no more herbs. I lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks. Last few days of not eat and my body went chao! Had nde and got so freak out that I did not want to die. I did not gained them back and plus more till one year later when my menses stopped. I gained 50 lbs in one month. Went to see dr and found out that my pituitary gland was malfunction, not knowing if 6 weeks of strict diet caused this or had this problem since had first child and I did not know about it. Who knows. Now I have this hormone and metabloism disorder. I stick with dr's follow order from now on.
I was a vegetarian too and wow, it nearly destroyed my body as well. The more I research on health and health-related subjects... the more I understand that vegetarian diet is not healthy for anyone. Our bodies simply want the complete-protein and tense-nutrition 'good' fats from meats. I can explain more about that but it will attract vegetarians to debate with me...

Vegetarians, I was a vegetarian once.. I had been on vegetarian diet for maybe 6 years so I believe I know what I am talking so please don't take my comments wrong. I will not tell you to stop consuming on vegetarian diets, it is none of my business and it is not my place to say so but from my own experience, it is dangerous to my health, my body and my muscles.

Last edited:
Oceanbreeze said:
I concur, yes. But, I ALSO want to live alittle longer. Getting pissed off and dying of a stroke from a burst blood vessel in the brain would TOTALLY SUCK!

:rofl:

oh.. i am NOT that pissed at all.. if you saw me in person.. youd see that too.. i dont get pissed that easily.. i just said it out of humor.. mind u? lol
dont forget laughter is the BEST REMEDY! :P

EDIT: he will be the ONE who will die young with all of THE NONSENSE going on in HIS HEAD--> not us... if you dig me.. :D

ravensteve1961 said:
Theres no point here,,Like i said,,,If god wants you skinny youll be skinny. If god wants you thin youll be thin.
Oh? Hmm, I guess God wants you to have diabetic type-2 condition and wants you will have a short life. Hmmm, well good luck.

I will enjoy living my life to be full and healthy with these 'smart' diets or foods.

zesty, ONG and meg, I will send you a email eventually. I promise.

Oceanbreeze said:
:werd: I hear you. Magatsu. I sometimes wonder if I come off as a "Ms know-it-all". I don't want to come off that way, but I'm afraid I do, sometimes. I've just been through a lot of crap, and I don't want others to know the pain I've known.

Its hard when you are perceived a certain way, and you know you're not that way, and you mean well. :hug:
Thanks! I am glad that someone around here will understand my fear and my concerns :hug:

Magatsu said:

Thanks! I am glad that someone around here will understand my fear and my concerns :hug:

I do, honestly. Read back in the thread, and you'll understand why. :)

Magatsu said:
zesty, yeah these diets usually are full of bullshit so I completely agree with you. Glad that you made the breakthrough with your weight issue, keep it up gal! :thumb:

THANKS magaboy!! i still have a long way to go... but i am getting there!! ;)

thats why my dr wrote the book called THE ANTI-DIET.. he is AGAINST diets BIG time... he is also well-known all over.. he is from israel, has been in the newspapers, marathons, etc..

i am honored to have him as my doctor as he was my last resort in losing weight! :)

ravensteve1961 said:

if you believe in this NONSENSE .. then i believe in magaboy's quote: "Oh? Hmm, I guess God wants you to have diabetic type-2 condition and wants you will have a short life. Hmmm, well good luck." <--- HOW'S THAT MR. RAVENSTEVE?

Magatsu said:

It has never occured to me that you are an arrogant Mr.Know It All or a pusher, shoving your opinions down on us. Quite contrary, you have been brilliant in presenting facts and allow us to make our own decisions.

I have upmost respect for your opinions and look forward to what you have to say on issues.

Keep them coming in! :)

Zesy, Take it easy girl, We do not need this thread locked or remove. Just simple ignored Ravensteve if he posted something you do not like. It's a very good thread to be seen going wasted. Keep your cool ok? :hug:

Meg said:
It has never occured to me that you are an arrogant Mr.Know It All or a pusher, shoving your opinions down on us. Quite contrary, you have been brilliant in presenting facts and allow us to make our own decisions.

I have upmost respect for your opinions and look forward to what you have to say on issues.

Keep them coming in! :)

thats right meggie!! i love your threads/posts!! i am always learning new things from you.... and like meg .. i have upmost respect for your opinions too!! and i am alway looking forward to what you have to say on issues, opinions, input, feedback and whatnot .. please dont change cuz of the others... keep them coming dear friend!! :hug:

Cheri said:
Zesy, Take it easy girl, We do not need this thread locked or remove. Just simple ignored Ravensteve if he posted something you do not like. It's a very good thread to be seen going wasted. Keep your cool ok? :hug:

oh.. i am cool girl.. i just love speaking mind when it comes to him.. ha.. i just felt the need to requote what magaboy said.. to make him see what he was saying like a reflection if you dig me.. thats all theres is to it.. i rest my case on this topic with him.. smile.. but thanks anyway girl! :hug:

There are so many programs that you could lose weight, but none of them works for me except weight watches program. It did help me a little bit until I failed because it is hard to do that during holiday. Every holiday you would have to eat something like Thanksgiving and Christmas, it would gain me some more weight which I really hate it, but right now I have to be on diet again to lose some more weight because my brother is getting married this summer so I have to lose weight for the wedding. Plus I am not really happy for myself like this way, but I have to accept it until I can success to lose weight. It takes time during the winter time, it is very hard to lose weight during the winter time because I can't even go outside and do sports because it is so cold outside, I would have to stay inside and feel warm. I rather to do that during summer time so I can go outside, walking, play sports with my cousins, or something like that, it does help me lose weight during the summer time. I always gain weight then lose weight....then back gain weight....over again and again every year.

Magatsu said:
Please don't take my comments wrong.. I did not criticizing you or your belief at all. I want to share my opinion nothing more.. if I did offend you or anything at all, please let me know.

No worries, that's what makes it interesting is that we have different opinions. I learned about the weight loss thru my doctor, Jenny Craig, etc. I once was nearly 200 lbs. My doctor had put me on 1,800 calories in the beginning then cut down to 1,500 when I lost 10 lbs, then down to 1,200. I have kept it off for over 10 years.

You are right, our bodies react differently and this diet may work for me and it may not work for you.

Thanks for voicing your opinion! :D

Back