Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jillio,

You ought to try some pepper spray some time. Or maybe a good dose of the taser! It might lighten your mood!
You spend so much time dissing people it kind of gets off the subject and gets old. Maybe this is how you get your kicks? Take up a real profession and get a life!

Sorry for the negative rant but what is good for the goose is good for the gander too!

Since we can't seem to stay on topic I'll pose a related one. The city here just broke up a homeless tent city that was organized on private property by a local reverand but in violation of city code. Now with black Friday coming up people set up tents at Best Buy but were complained about and made to take them down by the police! I love it!

In wake of dispute over homeless camp, Mo. city cracks down on tenting ahead of Black Friday - ky3.com

Chris Straw, Springfield's director of building development services, says the complaining citizen pointed out that the city recently ordered the dismantling of a tent camp for homeless people. The Rev. Larry Rice, an advocate for the homeless, had allowed people to set up tents outside his Veterans Coming Home Center.

How sad.

If the homeless can't have their camp which gave temporary housing to about 50 people then neither shall the black Friday folks! Here here!

This temporary shelter put a roof over many heads and was locked up inside of a fenced in area. It made the residents feel safe at night. If it was kept clean and monitored what is wrong with that? Change the city code!

Last edited:
If the homeless can't have their camp which gave tempoary housing to about 50 people then neither shall the black Friday folks! Here here!

This temporary shelter put a roof over many heads and was locked up inside of a fenced in area. It made the residents feel safe at night. If it was kept clean and monitored what is wrong with that? Change the city code!

Oh, yeah. Homeless people have all the resources they need to affect city politics.:roll:

If the homeless can't have their camp which gave temporary housing to about 50 people then neither shall the black Friday folks! Here here!

Ummm, the temporary camp was evicted.

In wake of dispute over homeless camp, Mo. city cracks down on tenting ahead of Black Friday - ky3.com

Chris Straw, Springfield's director of building development services, says the complaining citizen pointed out that the city recently ordered the dismantling of a tent camp for homeless people. The Rev. Larry Rice, an advocate for the homeless, had allowed people to set up tents outside his Veterans Coming Home Center.

How sad.

Wow. All I can think of is MacArthur and the Bonus army. Butler is my hero. I will grant many if not all of these homeless are not vets but still...

Wow. All I can think of is MacArthur and the Bonus army. Butler is my hero. I will grant many if not all of these homeless are not vets but still...

I'd say a large percentage of them were. Just like any homeless population. Sad.

Oh, yeah. Homeless people have all the resources they need to affect city politics.:roll:

You are correct. But the voting public does have the means to a change. Why does changing the code not make sense? I am in support of the homeless camp.

I'm not calling anyone cheap. I'm just saying, not all premium members are of one political group or another.

Right, that "premium badge" is not indicative of anyone's political leanings. I get that. I guess in SWK's own word that if one does not have that "premium badge" then AD members are considered as "cheap." :dunno: Like I said, I gave mine already to a worthy organization, an efficient use of my money.

Right, that "premium badge" is not indicative of anyone's political leanings. I get that. I guess in SWK's own word that if one does not have that "premium badge" then AD members are considered as "cheap." :dunno: Like I said, I gave mine already to a worthy organization, an efficient use of my money.
I also give to the Salvation Army; it's a good organization. However, I believe it's worthwhile to give support to Alex and AD, too. I understand that not everyone can afford it but for those who can, it's a good choice.

oh? is this deaf forum not a worthy one for an efficient use of your money? not even $10? A portion of it goes to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as well.

I suppose that your sole purpose in here is to cause agitation and grief.

I also give to the Salvation Army; it's a good organization. However, I believe it's worthwhile to give support to Alex and AD, too. I understand that not everyone can afford it but for those who can, it's a good choice.

:hmm:
No comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back