Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define "worthy".....does that include vigilantism? Or having a good discussion, agreeing to disagree and all that?

Define "worthy".....does that include vigilantism? Or having a good discussion, agreeing to disagree and all that?

Do you ever actually read what people say ? Look at my post directed to you - you say you already donate to a worthy organization. I asked if you don't consider AD worthy and now you're asking worthy how?

IS AD WORTHY OF DONATIONS? There, is that clear now?

three hypothetical situations. I am curious for what are your answers for the following questions, in essence, they are not all the same, yet are often linked together for a final decision.

A: For alldeaf.com as an organization, should it receive donations for its purpose?
B: Is alldeaf.com's value of entertainment worthy of any donations?
C: Is the costs of running, upkeep and moderating alldeaf.com worthy of a donation?

Okay, gotta step in here. When premium membership first became an option, I was a poor to the bones graduate student who was also helping her son through school. I didn't have 2 nickles to rub together once my expenses were paid. Since that time, I have started my own practice, and am seeing about 30% indigent clients...which means if they don't qualify for Medicaid spend down, I don't get paid. I am not complaining, mind you, because these are the neediest of the needy regarding mental health care. I supplement that with on call work for emergency services, which is sporadic, at best, and educational advocacy...again most of it pro bono. I have taken on a family member's child to raise following a nasty divorce, and like all of the OWS protesters, have a huge payment on student loans every month. I still am struggling financially. I will give my time to worthy causes any time I see the need however, I am not in the position at this point in time to make financial contributions to anyone.

If that bothers some, I apologize. But that is just the way it is for now.

Okay, gotta step in here. When premium membership first became an option, I was a poor to the bones graduate student who was also helping her son through school. I didn't have 2 nickles to rub together once my expenses were paid. Since that time, I have started my own practice, and am seeing about 30% indigent clients...which means if they don't qualify for Medicaid spend down, I don't get paid. I am not complaining, mind you, because these are the neediest of the needy regarding mental health care. I supplement that with on call work for emergency services, which is sporadic, at best, and educational advocacy...again most of it pro bono. I have taken on a family member's child to raise following a nasty divorce, and like all of the OWS protesters, have a huge payment on student loans every month. I still am struggling financially. I will give my time to worthy causes any time I see the need however, I am not in the position at this point in time to make financial contributions to anyone.

If that bothers some, I apologize. But that is just the way it is for now.

I thought your student loans might be the reason for that. I am sure that when you can, you'll donate. :D

three hypothetical situations. I am curious for what are your answers for the following questions, in essence, they are not all the same, yet are often linked together for a final decision.

A: For alldeaf.com as an organization, should it receive donations for its purpose?
C: Is the costs of running, upkeep and moderating alldeaf.com worthy of a donation?

Careful, you don't want to short out Koko's brain as he's unused to thinking for himself.

Do you ever actually read what people say ? Look at my post directed to you - you say you already donate to a worthy organization. I asked if you don't consider AD worthy and now you're asking worthy how?

IS AD WORTHY OF DONATIONS? There, is that clear now?

Post deleted.
Never mind.
Sorry.

This forum doesn't run itself. Vounteers run this site. Thanks admin and mods! I'm glad that I could make a modest donation. The amount clearly was not the true value of this forum to me.

This forum doesn't run itself. Vounteers run this site. Thanks admin and mods! I'm glad that I could make a modest donation. The amount clearly was not the true value of this forum to me.

Same here for me.

If you rag on the poor and the down trodden, it just makes you look like an asshole. That goes for the Occupy protestors who complained about the homeless people, too. Some people said that the homeless became part of the community and helped.

I haven't worked since June so I'm making that last pay check stretchhhhhhhh....

However, I find AD to be an excellent deal. Where else can one get so many hours of entertainment for so few dollars? It's cheaper than the movies, cable TV, Netflix, video games, Wii, etc. It's a bargain! :lol:

Interesting set of questions.

Never quite saw AD as an "organization." Curious that you write that. St Judes, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.....yes. AD? It's a discussion forum.

To determine value is entirely subjective. But again, curious that you bring up that "worthiness" question. Perhaps an effort to instill certain "guilt"? Might it be better to direct that question to each and every AD member who have participated in AD sufficiently long enough instead of directing those questions at a particular individual?

Owners who start up their own forums know the risk that it will require continuing capital to keep it maintained. It is also their hope that traffic will increase and hope it'll attract advertisers to help defray costs (or make a profit if that ever happens). Whether it's "worthy" will bear itself out over time for each and every members who come here to make that decision.

Never quite saw AD as an "organization." Curious that you write that. St Judes, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.....yes. AD? It's a discussion forum.

To determine value is entirely subjective. But again, curious that you bring up that "worthiness" question. Perhaps an effort to instill certain "guilt"? Might it be better to direct that question to each and every AD member who have participated in AD sufficiently long enough instead of directing those questions at a particular individual?

Owners who start up their own forums know the risk that it will require continuing capital to keep it maintained. It is also their hope that traffic will increase and hope it'll attract advertisers to help defray costs (or make a profit if that ever happens). Whether it's "worthy" will bear itself out over time for each and every members who come here to make that decision.

pfffft.

Thanks for your reply. I was merely interested in a non-donor's response, because the majority replying here are donors and did not apply to the question.
I am not targeting anyone. If you have looked at my past posts, rarely do I have an objective or motive to expose forum members out of spite.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to consider replying. If you hope to comment further in private or off the record, I would be more than willing to comply.

If you rag on the poor and the down trodden, it just makes you look like an asshole. That goes for the Occupy protestors who complained about the homeless people, too. Some people said that the homeless became part of the community and helped.

Then again, even occupiers kicked homeless people out of their own "personal" park or place of camp. Many even complained, too, about the problems of homeless people taking advantage of their free food, protection and such. What a twist of irony.

Does Occupy Wall Street have a homeless problem? - The Week

Thanks for your reply. I was merely interested in a non-donor's response, because the majority replying here are donors and did not apply to the question.
I am not targeting anyone. If you have looked at my past posts, rarely do I have an objective or motive to expose forum members out of spite.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to consider replying. If you hope to comment further in private or off the record, I would be more than willing to comply.

You're welcome. No problem. :wave:

Then again, even occupiers kicked homeless people out of their own "personal" park or place of camp. Many even complained, too, about the problems of homeless people taking advantage of their free food, protection and such. What a twist of irony.

Does Occupy Wall Street have a homeless problem? - The Week

From your link:

OWS doesn't have a homeless problem. It has a police problem: Reportedly, the cops are cynically sending drunks and other "unruly, aggressive, perhaps mentally ill types" they pick up across the city down to Zuccotti Park, both to sabotage OWS and provide a pretext for crackdowns, says David Dayen at Firedoglake. If the NYPD stops, so does Occupy's homeless problem.

Oh the irony. :P

From your link:

OWS doesn't have a homeless problem. It has a police problem: Reportedly, the cops are cynically sending drunks and other "unruly, aggressive, perhaps mentally ill types" they pick up across the city down to Zuccotti Park, both to sabotage OWS and provide a pretext for crackdowns, says David Dayen at Firedoglake. If the NYPD stops, so does Occupy's homeless problem.

Oh the irony. :P

koko, you would do well to read your own links.

The above was not wide spread in any of the OWS protests. I love it how people will take one or two isolated incidents and blow them out of proportion. Like a kid saying, "But mom, he did it too!" to try to get out of their own guilt.:roll: I am referring to Koko's claims, BTW. Just didn't feel like quoting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back