Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted (droid)

The protests have been peaceful, for which I'm grateful. The riots in London were awful. I don' t want anything like that to happen.
Reba is a law and order person and I respect that. I am in awe of people with such discipline and dedication. I never take orders and question everything. Reba and I share similar values but we differ on our approach. There's a time and place for each approach and hopefully something of value comes out of the process. The danger is that the sides will collide and no one wants to see that happen.

The protests have been peaceful, for which I'm grateful. The riots in London were awful. I don' t want anything like that to happen.
Reba is a law and order person and I respect that. I am in awe of people with such discipline and dedication. I never take orders and question everything. Reba and I share similar values but we differ on our approach. There's a time and place for each approach and hopefully something of value comes out of the process. The danger is that the sides will collide and no one wants to see that happen.

Wow, what a thought-provoking post. I really like this, but there is only one "like" per person. So I will add this: :gpost:

SWK, you want Reba to protect you and you want me to argue your case as an advocate. Two different roles.

SWK, you want Reba to protect you and you want me to argue your case as an advocate. Two different roles.
No. I want everyone from all sides to respect each other, which I felt you did. Taking a real deep look at other people to see what they see is a good trait. I do not want protection, and I can be my own advocate. Thanks for the offer. :wave:

Don't let Auntie Reba fool you. She's a biker. lol Seriously, most of my family members are like Reba. I've always been the rebellious one.

Don't let Auntie Reba fool you. She's a biker. lol Seriously, most of my family members are like Reba. I've always been the rebellious one.

A biker with firearms and a military background...:Ohno:

Yea, and I'm jealous because I don't get to bike or protest. Busy being a mom right now.

Yea, and I'm jealous because I don't get to bike or protest. Busy being a mom right now.

So am I. I'm thinking after I visit my dad in the hospital, I will join the protest in Charlotteville.That's about 60 or more miles north of me. There's no such protest in Lynchburg but then what do you expect from a hometown with Liberty University as it's most famous institution?

Don't let Auntie Reba fool you. She's a biker. lol Seriously, most of my family members are like Reba.
Bikers? :lol:

My parents were bikers before I was born.

Even as a biker, I don't go with the flow. I wear pink, not all black.

I've always been the rebellious one.
I don't know if I'd be considered rebellious but I've definitely not been the conformist in my family. All in one year I went from being one of the winners in an essay contest for Soviet Life Magazine to participating in the first Earth Day to backpacking in Ecuador to joining the Navy at the height of anti-Vietnam war protesting. :cool2:

Report on your experience. All of our protests take place in Austin.

Rearing our next generation is most important. :thumb:

All in one year I went from being one of the winners in an essay contest for Soviet Life Magazine to participating in the first Earth Day to backpacking in Ecuador to joining the Navy at the height of anti-Vietnam war protesting. :cool2:

:dizzy: Sounds like some great stories in here.

Sometimes I wish I had come of age in the 60s.

Okay, not sometimes, but all the time! ;)

I don't think the videos have been photoshopped. However, I do think the interpretation of some videos can be manipulated, especially if the video is viewed in isolation of time and space.

Like the video of the girls getting maced. Anyone that has seen the entire video knows a man attacked one of the white shirts from behind then ran into the fenced area. They leave the first part out. The videos available now are a one sided account. Most of the videos we see are from protesters. The police are taking video as well. It will be years before we see that unfortunately. We are pretty much stuck hoping an (oxymoron alert) honest journalist is in the right place at the right time.

Reba, I love pink! Such a girlie girl color.
I'm impressed that you have your own bike and you're not just a biker mama on the back. Gotta have your own bike.
Maybe rebellious is the wrong word. Spunky? I'm like Lisa Simpson--the "smart girl" that tries to teach Springfield about her idealistic ideas. Except I have no musical talent like Lisa Simpson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back