Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted (droid)

I feel safer when the protesters themselves aren't armed. I don't know how many Tea Party protesters carry weapons but I've seen pictures in which many people are armed. Funny thing that it wasn't here. I have a family member who attends Tea Party rallies here. Not that I would claim this person at one of those rallies. At least, this person doesn't show up with guns.
For one thing, it depends on where the rally or march is held. Some places have stricter concealed carry laws. Also, even those with permits can't carry in all places; some examples are schools, churches, government buildings, businesses with signs posted prohibiting guns, bars, banks, and polling places. Public events where one will be scanned or searched, such as air shows or sports competitions can prohibit guns. If the participants arrived by public conveyance across state lines, they probably don't have their guns with them. So, the areas that are available narrows.

Mayor Bloomberg acquiesced this morning. The #occupiers are staying.

Bikers? :lol:

My parents were bikers before I was born.

Even as a biker, I don't go with the flow. I wear pink, not all black.

I don't know if I'd be considered rebellious but I've definitely not been the conformist in my family. All in one year I went from being one of the winners in an essay contest for Soviet Life Magazine to participating in the first Earth Day to backpacking in Ecuador to joining the Navy at the height of anti-Vietnam war protesting. :cool2:

I think I like your style. :D I like to add a splash of hot pink to my mostly black outfits.

Faker busted

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrzQedHM6SY&feature=player_embedded&skipcontrinter=1]'Occupy Wall Street' NYPD runs over a protester with motorcycle 14/10/2011 [MIRROR] - YouTube[/ame]

Only cause they (occupiers) cleaned up their area.

No, it's because several city council members called the private real estate company who owns the park and "threatened" them, according to Bloomberg.

I'd prefer to think of it as "elected officials serving the interest of their constituents."

Do you see how the motorcycle is on top of his ankle? Yeah, that's fake . . .

Not only that, txgolfer posted only part of that video : here it is in its entirety - you can see the cop hitting him with a baton

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrQyUrHlZk]Occupy Wall Street NYPD runs over a protester with motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

Do you see how the motorcycle is on top of his ankle? Yeah, that's fake . . .

Do you notice to officer is walking the bike??? :laugh2: Totally fake..and the guys were right there with the stills to catch it.

edit... BTW. if it is actually "on his ankle"........ How is it that the kickstand worked? :hmm:

I didn't post a video....I posted a link to the video. I still see nothing wrong here on the officers fault.... The guy wouldn't get up and was creating a scene. *shrug*

So that makes it okay to beat him with a baton?

You know, I really hope you get put into a position one of these days where you're treated unfairly by a police officer. Then you might stop before you make stupid comments like this.

So that makes it okay to beat him with a baton?

You know, I really hope you get put into a position one of these days where you're treated unfairly by a police officer. Then you might stop before you make stupid comments like this.

Exactly. The guy lying on the ground had no weapons and was defenseless. The baton was absolutely not necessary considering there were like 10 cops who could have easily picked the guy up and handcuffed him.

So, I guess anyone laying on the ground deserves to be beaten with a baton according to your reasoning.

How lovely.

Totally although I would say beaten with a baton is a stretch....BIG stretch

Once the baton comes down on the protestor, even once, unjustified force has been used. Whether it was excessive or not, and whether I described it accurately is beside the point. I guess you have a sliding scale of acceptable abuse of power. I categorically reject it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back