Dear Alex....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! it's been fun. Byrdie - I perfectly and clearly understand your stance and I've already explained to you that mods have explained the situation. That's where it should have ended and that's where you should PM the mods if you still have an issue with it. I'll pm you in a bit.

I shall bow my way out. Keep it real and Keep it cool!

25jcjec.jpg

I stated that you created it to give "a banned member" not "banned members" a chance to respond to the events that led up to that specific ban. Do you deny that? Do you deny stating that you felt the mods had acted unfairly, or that you even stated on the fake website that you were negotiating with the mods to have this member reinstated?

Do you deny PMing me asking me for information regarding this banned member, and for my opinion regarding that member's ban?

oh btw - You just violated AD's rule regarding PM.

11.) Absolutely no copying and pasting private messages from AllDeaf on here or another site unless permission was granted by the other party.

Even though you did not copy/paste the content but the fact is that you mentioned the content of it. tsk... ethical codes....

Even though you did not copy/paste the content but the fact is that you mentioned the content of it. tsk... ethical codes....

Did not copy and paste. Mentioning the content is not contained in the rules. So I did not violate a specific rule.

And it was only mentioned because said poster implied that I was assuming intent, when in fact, intent had been made clear.

this thread is considered as insulting alex in front of us. nice.

Jiro, :ty: for paste Jolie´s post over here to get my attention.

I am trying to be neutral between Byrdie714´s and naisho´s situation.

From what I see the whole thread here - Byrdie714 took Jolie´s suggestion to get Alex´s attention if he feel what and how Alex did not right. Byrdie created a thread to get Alex´s attention. Byrdie´s thread address Alex, not naisho.

Yes I can understand naisho´s side but I guess it would be different if naisho made general post without make an arguement because Byrdie did not named him in first place. It´s good to see that naisho admitted his mistake and his mistake was being clear up by Alex but I can understand Byrdie´s side as well. It´s about principle and consequence.

Jiro, please don´t troll Byrdie´s thread to defend nasiho but try to be general between Byrdie and naisho. Remember, Byrdie´s thread is for Alex, not naisho. Jillio is trying to convince that Byrdie´s thread is Alex and lack of principal and consequence, not nashio. nasiho admitted what and how he did in Brydie´s thread voluntarily which is great.

No, I somehow feel the real intent was to make this public is to either, from highest priority to least (from my opinion):

• Get me banned.
  • Perma-banned, I realize this because I asked if this was other member's intent, and no reply came from it. The moderation team questioned a permanent ban status as well.
  • Warned again over something already addressed and handled.
  • Specifically tailored to have me come out to speak. (COULD have completely been solved in a simple PM.)
  • "Address" the rest of AD over my actions.
  • "Prove" something about me? <- ???
  • Jump against Alex for not even really doing anything?

Look at the etiquette post to garner an opinion about the last post.

I specifically did not reply to this member's pointing of fingers at me previously due to letting them have a chance to explain. Now when they want to take it one step further, I felt the need to jump in, and it seems that I am not allowed to have a chance to explain myself even though I've let said member speak for as much as he wanted, and the P M button to my name was always available.

The member very well knows he wants to state my name, but avoided using it in the initial post. However, from yesterday's post one can immediately draw a relation between that post and this post to find the user mentioned.

My personal view on this:
This whole thing jumped out of some random misunderstanding that the original poster again, overreacted and did not understand what was happening.
I let the original poster have a chance to explain and discuss it privately. But he chose not to.

PS. Jillio: You very well know what was Jiro's point in his last post. I didn't even realize until he posted that spreading the contents of a PM was against AD rules, had I not known I would have said that earlier.
Honestly, there is no line between mentioning the contents and pasting the exact message, because it is still crossing the line that one is very well aware of.
Second. to correct that, I never said the mods acted unfairly. I questioned what you thought of a member that was banned.

Here's my PM's for reference. Since it's my own PMs, I am entitled freely to paste them so:

To : jillio
Date : 2009-02-21 15:09
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jillio,
What'd you think about the stalker topic yesterday?

Date : 2009-02-21 15:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Jillio's post cut off)

I see. Do you think that particular stalker should be permabanned no matter whomever s/he was?

Date : 2009-02-21 15:16
(Jillio's quote cut off)

I understand. Thank you for input and I'm sorry to interrupt you.

Alright! it's been fun. Byrdie - I perfectly and clearly understand your stance and I've already explained to you that mods have explained the situation. That's where it should have ended and that's where you should PM the mods if you still have an issue with it. I'll pm you in a bit.

I shall bow my way out. Keep it real and Keep it cool!

25jcjec.jpg

Actually but I don´t think you understand. It´s principal and consequence, Brydie refer to get Alex´s attention. niasho spotted the word "fake website" and know it´s him, Brydie referred to but Brydie did not name him in first place. nisasho volunteered to convince and admit in his post.

Jiro´s post

Quote:
11.) Absolutely no copying and pasting private messages from AllDeaf on here or another site unless permission was granted by the other party.

No, Jillio did not pasted niasho´s PM over here but remind niasho about his PM.

Please re-consider yourself instead of misinterpted ADer posts

Mentioning a context of a PM and copy/pasting are two different things Jiro. Nice attempt at grasping straws.

No, I somehow feel the real intent was to make this public is to either, from highest priority to least (from my opinion):

• Get me banned.
  • Perma-banned, I realize this because I asked if this was other member's intent, and no reply came from it. The moderation team questioned a permanent ban status as well.
  • Specifically tailored to have me come out to speak. (COULD have completely been solved in a simple PM.)

I specifically did not reply to this member's pointing of fingers at me previously due to letting them have a chance to explain. Now when they want to take it one step further, I felt the need to jump in, and it seems that I am not allowed to have a chance to explain myself even though I've let said member speak for as much as he wanted, and the P M button to my name was always available.

The member very well knows he wants to state my name, but avoided using it in the initial post. However, from yesterday's post one can immediately draw a relation between that post and this post to find the user mentioned.

This whole thing jumped out of some random misunderstanding that the original poster again, overreacted and did not understand what was happening.
I let the original poster have a chance to explain and discuss it privately. But he chose not to.

PS. Jillio: You very well know what was Jiro's point in his last post. I didn't even realize until he posted that spreading the contents of a PM was against AD rules, had I not known I would have said that earlier.
Honestly, there is no line between mentioning the contents and pasting the exact message, because it is still crossing the line that one is very well aware of.

First of all--we are NOT out to get you banned. Secondly it is about allowing individuals with free reign to not adhere to the rules of All Deaf.

Since Alex went ahead and gave you a second account as well as permitted you to start up a "fake All Deaf website", after the fact,--he is now going to have to do that for everyone.

So where does he draw the line now? Oh he can't because what he did for one member, he is going to have to do it for everyone else and that is where the issue lies in.

• Get me banned.

Second. to correct that, I never said the mods acted unfairly. I questioned what you thought of a member that was banned.

Here's my PM's for reference. Since it's my own PMs, I am entitled freely to paste them so:

Date : 2009-02-21 15:09
Hi Jillio,
What'd you think about the stalker topic yesterday?

Date : 2009-02-21 15:12
(Jillio's post cut off)

I see. Do you think that particular stalker should be permabanned no matter whomever s/he was?

Date : 2009-02-21 15:16
(Jillio's quote cut off)

I understand. Thank you for input and I'm sorry to interrupt you.

Actually, naisho, there is a line. The rules state specifically "copy and paste."

And since you wanted to bring the PMs out into public specifically, I will also be happy to post what I replied.

To the first question I stated that this was an issue to be dealt with by the mods, and was not of concern to members. To the second question I replied that was a decision for the mods to make, not me.

But your questions do indicate an obvious attempt to fish for information in order to involve others in your intents.

So, now that others are involved, why are you complaining?

What do you really wish Byrdie, I'd like to know? Since you don't wish to rectify terms privately, it can only be done publicly obviously.

1. Me permanently banned?
2. Alex addressing the issue of using an account for a mobile phone to create a second account so that you can view posts and disables images/avatars/signatures?
3. Alex for failing to have my site taken down (even though I already told the proper authorities that there was no purpose for it to be up?)

There isn't anything else than those 3 things left to solve.
I will gladly comply with any, whatever the conclusion reaches from the moderation team.

Know what is so bothersome?

Thread creator, who states he is trying to clear his background, so he can be a good lawyer. He has YET to take the bar exam because he failed on two tries!

Thread Creator's friend, who is supposed to be a ethical person in the psychological field is playing tag-team with people on this board. Ethical? NOT!

I am done with this board.

Some of you all need to be permabanned!

Banned_-_Permabanned.gif

Jillio, I removed your quote because it was too long.

I'm not complaining about what you posted, period.

You wanted to bring it out.

I wanted to show what I said.

What you wish to bring out of it is freely your opinion to do so.

What do you really wish Byrdie, I'd like to know? Since you don't wish to rectify terms privately, it can only be done publicly obviously.

1. Me permanently banned?
2. Alex addressing the issue of using an account for a mobile phone to create a second account so that you can view posts and disables images/avatars/signatures?
3. Alex for failing to have my site taken down (even though I already told the proper authorities that there was no purpose for it to be up?)

There isn't anything else than those 3 things left to solve.

Here:

Mentioning a context of a PM and copy/pasting are two different things Jiro. Nice attempt at grasping straws.

First of all--we are NOT out to get you banned. Secondly it is about allowing individuals with free reign to not adhere to the rules of All Deaf.

Since Alex went ahead and gave you a second account as well as permitted you to start up a "fake All Deaf website", after the fact,--he is now going to have to do that for everyone.

So where does he draw the line now? Oh he can't because what he did for one member, he is going to have to do it for everyone else and that is where the issue lies in.

Know what is so bothersome?

Thread creator, who states he is trying to clear his background, so he can be a good lawyer. He has YET to take the bar exam because he failed on two tries!

Thread Creator's friend, who is supposed to be a ethical person in the psychological field is playing tag-team with people on this board. Ethical? NOT!

I am done with this board.

Some of you all need to be permabanned!

Banned_-_Permabanned.gif

The bar exam is available only two times a year. Secondly--most individuals don't pass on the first try.

It's usually on the second and third try. :cool2:

By creating this thread, don't you think you have a hand in adding fuel to the issue? Before this thread, only a handful of people knew about Naisho (I didn't) and probably didn't care nor wanted to use it to their advantage. But now.... a lot more people know. Now Alex is forced to practice ethical by-laws, not because anyone is truly concerned or offended, but because it is the "right thing" to do to treat everyone the same. I think it's safe to say that AllDeaf.com has lost some of the characteristics of small personal community and is leaning towards a large utilitarian organization.

By creating this thread, don't you think you have a hand in adding fuel to the issue? Before this thread, only a handful of people knew about Naisho (I didn't) and probably didn't care nor wanted to use it to their advantage. But now.... a lot more people know. Now Alex is forced to practice ethical by-laws, not because anyone is truly concerned or offended, but because it is the "right thing" to do to treat everyone the same. I think it's safe to say that AllDeaf.com has lost some of the characteristics of small personal community and is leaning towards a large utilitarian organization.

With over 25,000 members--it's not a small community.

:gpost:

Good grief. Did AD have to become a kiddie sandbox? All of this could've been settled via PM. It was apparently over some short time ago and it's still being dragged through the mud. Guess we know who wants attention. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back