deafness as a turn on

I am still back there on a nice rack... smiles.. why can't life just be that simple? Happiness does not have to be a complex thing.

If a person is able to hear why would they need to have an ASL interpreter ?

They might hear what I do: I hear one on one, but in group settings, lectures, announcements over the intercom, or anything not captioned, I'm lost. Just because a person hears, doesn't always mean they understand.

Laura

Laura I was about to say the same thing. Just because I can hear (some sounds) doesn't mean I understand. I hate when I ask someone what was said and no one wants to tell me or they rapidly say it knowing there is no way I can understand. Sadly I am still trying to adjust to this life so I had no idea I could get closer seating. I am still very very new to ASL but I have found that I can fill in the blanks when it is being signed.
Since I am here I guess I will also say that I would much rather date a deafie for 1 as someone said earlier I find deaf people to be so much more expressive and 2 hearing men do not have any patience when it comes to my HOH... they assume that I can hear perfect since I am verbal or they take advantage of it by turning away from me so I can't hear what they are saying.

Laura I was about to say the same thing. Just because I can hear (some sounds) doesn't mean I understand. I hate when I ask someone what was said and no one wants to tell me or they rapidly say it knowing there is no way I can understand. Sadly I am still trying to adjust to this life so I had no idea I could get closer seating. I am still very very new to ASL but I have found that I can fill in the blanks when it is being signed.
Since I am here I guess I will also say that I would much rather date a deafie for 1 as someone said earlier I find deaf people to be so much more expressive and 2 hearing men do not have any patience when it comes to my HOH... they assume that I can hear perfect since I am verbal or they take advantage of it by turning away from me so I can't hear what they are saying.

Deaf person is going to be just as impatient if your ASL is substandard.

Botts It is but I'm working on it daily....difference is my ASL will get better.. my hearing won't!

No one has a corner on the market for patience. There are people, deaf or hearing, that would understand and be patient if you give them a chance. Focus on finding nice people, forget about putting people in a group and labeling them. People will surprise you. Drop the deadbeats like yesterday's news and focus only on those that are willing to accomodate you.

Back