deafness as a turn on

Hrmm, none of the guys I've met told me they're turned on by my deafness, speech, or anything like that, so I can't really comment on the part about being turned on by deafness.

Interesting. So you are hearing? I am hearing but have a hearing disorder that is different from deafness. I have always had a thing for women who are "natural" and I find something so natural in the speech of women who are deaf.

I used to live across from a deaf couple in the building I managed. Sometimes I would get noise complaints about there sexual activity. As a property manager and proffessional I was like "Chill out, they are f*^%ing!, Don't be jealous! And by the way they are deaf so..." But as a person I always thought... Damn that sounds hot! Since then I have really wanted to bang a deaf girl. LADIES?... :naughty:

No, I'm a Deaf person turned on by Deafness lol it's not a fetish. I'm just not attracted to hearing people.

Also, I think very few hearing people have genuine deaf fetishes. It's much more likely that...
A) they believe deaf people are easy to seduce
B) it's a cool story to tell their friends. "last night I did so and so with a DEAF guy/girl! Didnt see that coming!"
Or C) *They think sign language is beautiful. I've met a lot of ASL students, CODAs, and the like who developed an attraction for Deaf people, but I'd hardly label that a fetish.*

Makes me wonder, have there ever been a parent of deaf child attracted to a deaf person since joining in their world?

What do you think about hearing people being turned on by the fact your deaf? Or especially for those of you whose speech is lacking or is poor, and may just make a bunch of sounds or can only speack a few words that are understood by anyone , what do you think about hearing people being turned on by that.

I'd say that they are likely in need on mental health support.

It's one thing for a Hoh/Deaf person to feel more connected etc to other Hoh/Deaf people - because of cultural, linguistic, social etc reasons ... it's another thing entirely to get "turned on" simply because someone is Hoh/Deaf (in the same manner they would about big breasts, butts, "packages" etc)

ICK

What do you think about hearing people being turned on by the fact your deaf? Or especially for those of you whose speech is lacking or is poor, and may just make a bunch of sounds or can only speack a few words that are understood by anyone , what do you think about hearing people being turned on by that.
I feel it would be alright, it would just be like if you were attracted to certain physical features of someone. You've just got to know how to deal with it!

I disagree with what Grummer said, I am hearing, and I can definitely see equal or possibly greater relationship sucess with a woman who is Deaf. The hearing community as a majority would agree that yes, it would just be a weird fetish, and that its "different" from a hearing relationship. I am proud to say I exclude myself from those close-minded ignorant folks. Let me put it this way: How would you feel about being in a relationship with a hearing person if you are Deaf?

I will never be in a relationship with a hearing person again. Ever. Ever. Ever.

I have hearing woman who get turn on with me because I have British accent. Many women keep asking me where I come from and I explain to her that I used to live in England and told hear that I'm also deaf. She said that I don't sound deaf but yes sound very British. You know I cawn't help it. I tried to be more Americaaaan. Oh..I see a beautiful vawwwse sitting on that tawble. It's vawry interesiting with all the beeeeutiful paaaainting. She just get all turned on with that.

So, later I decided to change everything.. when she asked me where I from... I told her I'm from Mars.

I will never be in a relationship with a hearing person again. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Why?
was it a lack of communication skills?
Was it hard for him/her to understand Deaf Culture?
Did you try to teach him/her about how things in your world are?

why can't people just like someone for who they are I think it sounds rather prejudice to say deaf/hearing/speaking people turn me on or off, if the person makes you smile and for some reason they cause you to be a better you who cares? But maybe thats just me

Also, I think very few hearing people have genuine deaf fetishes. It's much more likely that...
A) they believe deaf people are easy to seduce
B) it's a cool story to tell their friends. "last night I did so and so with a DEAF guy/girl! Didnt see that coming!"
Or C) *They think sign language is beautiful. I've met a lot of ASL students, CODAs, and the like who developed an attraction for Deaf people, but I'd hardly label that a fetish.*

Or (D) they like to show off their Deaf girlfriend like, "Look what I have."

Last week it was a black friend. The week before a gay friend. This week a Deaf girlfriend.:roll:

I don't know if it's a turn on or not, I guess it depends on what you consider a turn on-- but I find the idea of being in a relationship with a deaf guy/girl very attractive, more so than with another hearing person. That isn't to say I wouldn't refuse to date someone for being hearing, though.

It's really hard to explain, and I've never actually told anyone that because of how they might've reacted. Even if they were oral deaf, it'd just be different. I don't like conveying my feelings or information through speaking, because I'm bad at it. I always have been. Saying certain things just doesn't seem natural to me. I've always been sort of a private person, not very expressive, anti-social, nonexpressive. Signing what I'm thinking or feeling, though, seems a lot easier for me. Things like 'I love you' 'I miss you' 'you're beautiful'. (I also think that learning ASL will help me with my social skills and keeping eye contact, which is a major issue for me)

I've always thought the language was beautiful, and being able to express yourself nonverbally is just such an amazing thing to be able to do. In my opinion, speaking, or even hearing, isn't all that great, expression-wise. You don't really "learn" it as much as you "absorb" it and just use it. With signing, you're learning and relaying and seeing and taking in and expressing yourself.

There's something so different and wonderful about seeing someone sign. Maybe that's just because I have such an intense love for language, I don't know.

I..tend to get off track a lot... and I don't think I've answered the question at all. Sorry.

I don't know if it's a turn on or not, I guess it depends on what you consider a turn on-- but I find the idea of being in a relationship with a deaf guy/girl very attractive, more so than with another hearing person. That isn't to say I wouldn't refuse to date someone for being hearing, though.

It's really hard to explain, and I've never actually told anyone that because of how they might've reacted. Even if they were oral deaf, it'd just be different. I don't like conveying my feelings or information through speaking, because I'm bad at it. I always have been. Saying certain things just doesn't seem natural to me. I've always been sort of a private person, not very expressive, anti-social, nonexpressive. Signing what I'm thinking or feeling, though, seems a lot easier for me. Things like 'I love you' 'I miss you' 'you're beautiful'. (I also think that learning ASL will help me with my social skills and keeping eye contact, which is a major issue for me)

I've always thought the language was beautiful, and being able to express yourself nonverbally is just such an amazing thing to be able to do. In my opinion, speaking, or even hearing, isn't all that great, expression-wise. You don't really "learn" it as much as you "absorb" it and just use it. With signing, you're learning and relaying and seeing and taking in and expressing yourself.

There's something so different and wonderful about seeing someone sign. Maybe that's just because I have such an intense love for language, I don't know.

I..tend to get off track a lot... and I don't think I've answered the question at all. Sorry.

are you a hearie?

I see. Well...yep. Hearie.

And I promise I'm not being a jerk just trying to understand.

You would rather date someone who is deaf because the communication style is more meaningful in your opinion

And I promise I'm not being a jerk just trying to understand.

You would rather date someone who is deaf because the communication style is more meaningful in your opinion

No, I know you're not :) It's just that, honestly, I don't know how to answer the question. I guess it isn't as easy as "I like redheads" "Really? I like deafies," because it's not. I'd have to have an actual connection with the person, regardless.

I probably should have thought about posting in here if I didn't even know how to answer the question, but the title and topic interested me.

No, I know you're not :) It's just that, honestly, I don't know how to answer the question. I guess it isn't as easy as "I like redheads" "Really? I like deafies," because it's not. I'd have to have an actual connection with the person, regardless.

I probably should have thought about posting in here if I didn't even know how to answer the question, but the title and topic interested me.

I'm a hearie myself I'm not offended just wanted to understand your point of view

Back