Deaf VR counselor arrested by undercover cops for child cybersex case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am blaming on undercovers cops, detective or FBI for setting up to Kirby and tempted him to fell into sinning.
You're kidding, right?

The cops went into Kirby's house, forced him to sit in front of the computer, forced him to surf to a teen chat site, forced him to talk dirty to a girl at that site (more than once), forced him to make arrangements with the girl for sex, and forced him to get into his car and drive over to meet the girl. Yeah, right. :roll:

AMEN... I agree with Christlovedeaf. There is no law for kids to lie ages to adults on online! How can we get protection on ourselves before something happened to us???? We feel that we need to complain to our US Senators and Congress about amending the laws for our protection!
This wasn't about a minor claiming to be an adult. This situation was an undercover adult claiming online to be a minor.

If you were an adult man chatting with someone online who said, "I'm 13 years old and I attend middle school," would you tell that person, "I want to meet you and **** you"? If you answer "yes", then you are a child predator. It doesn't matter if that person on the other end of the net is really 13 or 63. You want to have sex with a 13-year-old.

Under what circumstances is it OK for an adult man to want to meet a child online for sex? NONE!

Under what circumstances is it OK for an adult man to chat "dirty" with a child online? NONE!

Oh, the other thing is this, few years ago, I'm not there anymore. I was overseers for moderator one of the chat room. It is adult room, one claimed to be in the 20's and one came up on pvt message and said he is 15, i automatically report to mod, immediately banned the person.
Exactly. That's the right thing to do.

Many kids are doing that, and it is no excuse for kids doing that toward adult against personal will inspite of ages. It has to be stop and it is parents responsibilty to block the chat room and i dont care what age and the parents should find out if their kids fake their ages to cause adult in trouble.
Of course. But that's not the situation that happened here. This guy was caught trying to get sex from someone that he thought was a minor. He specifically wanted sex with a minor.

This wasn't about a minor claiming to be an adult. This situation was an undercover adult claiming online to be a minor.

If you were an adult man chatting with someone online who said, "I'm 13 years old and I attend middle school," would you tell that person, "I want to meet you and **** you"? If you answer "yes", then you are a child predator. It doesn't matter if that person on the other end of the net is really 13 or 63. You want to have sex with a 13-year-old.

Under what circumstances is it OK for an adult man to want to meet a child online for sex? NONE!

Under what circumstances is it OK for an adult man to chat "dirty" with a child online? NONE!

Read this newspaper again... Pretendor is a undercover with over 18 years age can be saying i am 13 years old to Kirby that why kirby do not know that pretendor is over 18 years age How can it hardly tell???? Can you blame on Kirby for causing? No... It is causing by undercover cops or person!

Exactly. That's the right thing to do.

Of course. But that's not the situation that happened here. This guy was caught trying to get sex from someone that he thought was a minor. He specifically wanted sex with a minor.

He kept saying no too many times, and been persistance. Once he had had it with that. I think he should call the police instead have himself confront the kid by persistant him to bait him. It wasn't a law officers, it was one of the adult to pose as an adult and the law said that adult shouldn't do that on their own hand to prey these I myself call it " using" a person as a predators. The family are hurting and think its cruel for someone do that to her husband/daddy. News media will not give out every detail what has actually happen. But part of the stories. There are lot of exaggerating stories. That is why doesn't matter how you try to protect yourself, there is always something behind it to taint your name. That is why we really don't get all info and many info been edited. I say it is frightening both side.

Throwstones, the authorities may have baited him, but HE was the one (allegedly) who make the decision to have inappropriate discussions with someone who he thought was 13 years old. And... his COMPUTER didn't control his mind and ruin his life... he is 100% responsible for his own actions. His computer was merely a tool he employed to commit a crime (again, allegedly, at this point). You may as well blame his CAR for taking him to the scene of the crime, if you're going to go about blaming inanimate objects for the criminal activities of a person.

He may have been a nice man, and has a deaf wife and children... but what if one of his own CHILDREN were the victim of someone looking for some "action". Let's not forget that - if the report is to be believed - he was under the impression that the person he was talking to was 13 years old! And he was prepared to have sex with "her"!

Not OK, I don't care how "nice" he is/was, or HOW many children he has.

:gpost: +1

Read this newspaper again... Pretendor is a undercover with over 18 years age can be saying i am 13 years old to Kirby that why kirby do not know that pretendor is over 18 years age How can it hardly tell???? Can you blame on Kirby for causing? No... It is causing by undercover cops or person!

The point is, Kirby was talking dirty to a "13 year old." It does not matter whether the person behind the screenname was 13 or 40, talking dirty or arranging to have sex with ANYONE you know to be under the age of 18 is illegal and just plain sick.

He kept saying no too many times, and been persistance. Once he had had it with that. I think he should call the police instead have himself confront the kid by persistant him to bait him. It wasn't a law officers, it was one of the adult to pose as an adult and the law said that adult shouldn't do that on their own hand to prey these I myself call it " using" a person as a predators. The family are hurting and think its cruel for someone do that to her husband/daddy. News media will not give out every detail what has actually happen. But part of the stories. There are lot of exaggerating stories. That is why doesn't matter how you try to protect yourself, there is always something behind it to taint your name. That is why we really don't get all info and many info been edited. I say it is frightening both side.

Do you think law enforcement could honestly have pressed charges if there wasn't an iota of credibility to the allegations?

The point is, Kirby was talking dirty to a "13 year old." It does not matter whether the person behind the screenname was 13 or 40, talking dirty or arranging to have sex with ANYONE you know to be under the age of 18 is illegal and just plain sick.

can you check every screenname with ages without check on their face on webcam before you talk to someone with dirty talking???

There would be no basis to arrest him if he didn't believe that the person he was talking to was 13 years old!

There would be no basis to arrest him if he didn't believe that the person he was talking to was 13 years old!

Absolutely! The undercover person HAS TO SAY they are only 13. Then when the conversation continues about sexual matters, the adult is responsible for not stopping the conversation. He is guilty of being a child predator no matter how he got caught.

can you blame on anyone to tempt you if you fell into sinning?

If he was having an affair online with an adult, that would be poor judgement. Corrupting and taking advantage of a child that does not have the life experience and knowledge to make good decisions for themselves at such an age does not fall into the same category.

It isn't law enforcement that baiting him, it was a regular person to baiting him and then call the police. And yes, if he did talk dirty with minors, that will be get you for that. And yes, it is sickening, if a person actually trying to do stuff to the kids. I don't go for that. But, I no longer look at the label of the person, but who is that person. Label doesn't mean anything to me anymore, since I have been hearing what really going on. Only who is the person. I still protect my kids of any kinds. Not because the label, bec who the person is.

can you check every screenname with ages without check on their face on webcam before you talk to someone with dirty talking???
You keep missing the point.

If the person with whom an adult is chatting says, "I'm 13 years old", then the adult says "adios", period. It doesn't matter if the person is really 13 or 30; if the adult thinks the other party is 13, then "click", end of story.

can you blame on anyone to tempt you if you fell into sinning?
He didn't accidentally "fall" into sin unawares. He made a conscious decision to pursue child sex. That's a big difference.

You keep missing the point.

If the person with whom an adult is chatting says, "I'm 13 years old", then the adult says "adios", period. It doesn't matter if the person is really 13 or 30; if the adult thinks the other party is 13, then "click", end of story.

He chatted in online 13 yrs old in Feb 12th to 23. He would resisted it! He know better MA Degree!!!

He kept saying no too many times, and been persistance. Once he had had it with that. I think he should call the police instead have himself confront the kid by persistant him to bait him.
Where did you read that? Do you have a link? The story that was posted here said nothing about Kirby saying "no" many times.

It wasn't a law officers, it was one of the adult to pose as an adult and the law said that adult shouldn't do that on their own hand to prey these I myself call it " using" a person as a predators. The family are hurting and think its cruel for someone do that to her husband/daddy. News media will not give out every detail what has actually happen. But part of the stories.
Are you saying that someone out of the blue contacted Kirby at home and said, "how about some sex?" Give me a break!

There are lot of exaggerating stories. That is why doesn't matter how you try to protect yourself, there is always something behind it to taint your name. That is why we really don't get all info and many info been edited. I say it is frightening both side.
It's very easy to protect yourself. Don't go to teen chat rooms. Don't discuss personal stuff with minors. If one contacts you, disconnect immediately. Don't have private meetings with minors without their parents or other adult supervisors present. Duh!

One more thing that some people forget. Computers leave evidence trails.

He chatted in online 13 yrs old in Feb 12th to 23. He would resisted it! He know better MA Degree!!!
It doesn't matter if he had six PhD's. It wasn't his brain that was controlling him; use your imagination. Maybe, Feb. 12 was an "accident"; but Feb. 23 was no accident.

Since you know so much about this case, maybe you can share with us where this meeting online took place. Was Kirby doing research for a doctoral dissertation "accidentally" at myspace?

I am blaming on undercovers cops, detective or FBI for setting up to Kirby and tempted him to fell into sinning.

I'm not putting blame on the cops. These people who work at VR are working in positions of trust. And pedophiles should not be working in positions of trust in the first place.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back