Deaf view on a CI kid... its a bummer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: Thanks and Yes it had been a struggle, We survived, I knew things were gonna get worst before it will get better. ;)

She only did that on purpose because of what I said about hearing parents, but I sure did not even named any member in particle as a hearing parents, I was speaking generally. What is it that I have to apology for? for speaking the truth?

U are welcome. :)

Yep, it is the truth. I see that too many times with the parents of my students and with my own parents. I love my mom and admire her but it wasnt right of her to rely on me as a terp in order for her and my brother to communicate. My dad is another story and I do not even want to go there! He is great but VERY narrow minded about deafness.

:hug: Thanks and Yes it had been a struggle, We survived, I knew things were gonna get worst before it will get better. ;)

She only did that on purpose because of what I said about hearing parents, but I sure did not even named any member in particle as a hearing parents, I was speaking generally. What is it that I have to apology for? for speaking the truth?

Hey yes me been single parent for 9 years too, yes it all true what you said above that we all single parents are survived and tell you what am happy to be single parent and be proud!!

:)

:applause: for Cheri! I give you the Good Mom Award! I know how hard it is to be a single parent!

Thanks! :hug:

You too have done way beyond awesome with your deaf son, I was amazed and impressed of all that hard work you put in for your son. I can't tell you how much it touched my heart in every way, because it did and I do wish that there were more hearing parents like you out there, because You're someone that they can look up to for advice. ;)

uh-oh is that FUZZY male or female :/ ? lol Confusing as because they way Fuzzy typing like a male .. :X

Thanks! :hug:

You too have done way beyond awesome with your deaf son, I was amazed and impressed of all that hard work you put in for your son. I can't tell you how much it touched my heart in every way, because it did and I do wish that there were more hearing parents like you out there, because You're someone that they can look up to for advice. ;)

:ty: :hug:

She's a female....just very agressive and angry.

Oh wow...oooops. Thought she was a male. Shows what we dont know about each other, heh?

Gosh, I used to be that angry growing up...*goosebumps* I am so glad I am not that angry anymore. My best friend is still angry at our hearing classmates for what they did to her on the cheerleading squad. I told her that she needs to let go. Not healthy to hold onto that anger for almost 20 years. I just remember how ugly I felt inside with that anger.

Oh wow...oooops. Thought she was a male. Shows what we dont know about each other, heh?

Gosh, I used to be that angry growing up...*goosebumps* I am so glad I am not that angry anymore. My best friend is still angry at our hearing classmates for what they did to her on the cheerleading squad. I told her that she needs to let go. Not healthy to hold onto that anger for almost 20 years. I just remember how ugly I felt inside with that anger.

Yeah, that kind of anger will take its toll on your health and your ability to enjoy your life.

One story I was told by my friend who works with deaf children with CI or without CI about a family who want their child to hear the sound. The child was born deaf. The parents want to fix it!! So, they got their child to get CI surgery and turn it on. Somehow the child couldn't hear at all. The parents weren't happy abt it and want it to be fix then the doctors had to replace the device over and over. It happened few times and the child never hear at all!! CI isn't working for this child!! How could the parents demand to fix it over and over?? Poor child have too many surgeries!! If it's fail then move on. The parents don't accept that! They want their child to be perfect. No one is perfect.

One story I was told by my friend who works with deaf children with CI or without CI about a family who want their child to hear the sound. The child was born deaf. The parents want to fix it!! So, they got their child to get CI surgery and turn it on. Somehow the child couldn't hear at all. The parents weren't happy abt it and want it to be fix then the doctors had to replace the device over and over. It happened few times and the child never hear at all!! CI isn't working for this child!! How could the parents demand to fix it over and over?? Poor child have too many surgeries!! If it's fail then move on. The parents don't accept that! They want their child to be perfect. No one is perfect.

Not surprised cuz that has happened to a few of the children at my school. I dont know how they all feel about it except for one boy. He wants to get his CI fixed cuz he likes to hear with it so he gets mad when it breaks. His parents say that is the last time he will get surgery to fix it. I hope, for his sake, that it doesnt break or malfunctions again. Otherwise, he will be one miserable child since he has gotten used to being able to hear with it.

How did the child feel about it?

My friend won't tell me abt the child's feeling due to work. It's private. I respected that!! I am sure the child will be so frustrating or confused abt whats going on.

You got that right, RedheadGrrl! Not a dang one of us is perfect!

Not surprised cuz that has happened to a few of the children at my school. I dont know how they all feel about it except for one boy. He wants to get his CI fixed cuz he likes to hear with it so he gets mad when it breaks. His parents say that is the last time he will get surgery to fix it. I hope, for his sake, that it doesnt break or malfunctions again. Otherwise, he will be one miserable child since he has gotten used to being able to hear with it.

That is so sad! They have made that child dependent on the CI, and there is a chance that it will have to be taken away. Poor kid!

My friend won't tell me abt the child's feeling due to work. It's private. I respected that!! I am sure the child will be so frustrating or confused abt whats going on.

Wow! It is just so sad that soeone would put a little child through all of this.

Why do every parents want to have their child(ren) to be perfect? All they want for themselves, not for the child(ren). That's bother me!!

This story breaks my heart in pieces :( it sounds even so to me that this hearing parents are very desperate for their child to hear.

If it doesn't work, try a new opportunity. I don't see them trying for another.

This story breaks my heart in pieces :( it sounds even so to me that this hearing parents are very desperate for their child to hear.

If it doesn't work, try a new opportunity. I don't see them trying for another.
I agree with you Cheri!! I don't understand why they kept push and push!!! sigh!! feel bad for this child.

Aww that's so sad ....What I don't understand here is why did the doctor went ahead with the CI surgery knowing it's not going to help this poor child to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back