Deaf ID Cards

Well, on Naboo, I didn't think they had cars. You use little spaceships don't you. I didn't even think you had to have a license.:giggle:

the new jedi order has gotten a lot more complicated over the light years.

Hm, I am in Texas and I have never had that restriction. Wow, I just realized that I have been getting deafer for 19 years. Gee. I went deaf right ear in 2000 and now only have a tiny bit of residual in my left ear. I have had my license in 3 states and was never given a restriction. Maybe I shoulda told em I was deaf. Think it would matter?

I went to the Unofficial DMV guide and got this :

Deaf drivers, or those with a hearing loss of 41 decibels or more, receive a special license sporting either a numerical code or the international deaf symbol. This helps eliminate communication problems if stopped by authorities.

There was a movement not long ago, after a policeman shot a deaf person, to place voluntary ID cards or placards in cars. This is from my sketchy memory, not from any quotable source.

Many of the areas, such as Missourri, has the F88 endorsement, voluntary, to eliminate problems with emt or traffic stops.

I drive better sans aid. (without) It is distracting to hear the loud noises. I cant tell which direction they are from anyway. It should be our choice if we wish to drive with or without aids.

could you give me a link to where you found this PLEASE??

Back