deaf + glbt = connection??

Cool it off y'all, sometimes things aren't meant to be. It won't benefit us all if we argue pointlessly. If you do not find something conservative to discuss about, then leave them be.

deafdyke said:
Are you and Angel in conservative parts of the country? Most of the GLB folks I know, like the opposite sex...they just aren't sexually attracted to them. Being GLB isn't about obsessing over what's "down south" but the personalities and charetrestics of people we love. If that friend who I currently have a crush on was a male, I'd love her just as much.
Maybe those lesbians are just bullshitting you or protecting themselves b/c we still live in a very homophobic society.
Well, these people I mentioned are friends of mine and I've checked into it. During other times, I'd do a little investigating and hear these guys bragging about doing these gals many times. It's pretty pathetic. Even a straight woman would be uncomfortable around men for a while after she's been raped. However, imagine being raped so many times by different men that you lose your faith in them.

I know a woman who lost faith in men, and turned "lesbian" only to lose faith in women and turn back straight. Loss of faith in opposite sex can be one of the reasons, but some cases, I think it is a cop-out for some people to avoid admitting their real identity. There are some people who develop homosexual tendencies without any apparent reason. I think people feel as if they have the need to justify their homosexual preferences. i don't justify myself, it just happened. It's as simple as that.

MOD NOTE:

If any of you do not like a post that a member made, PM me or another moderator FIRST. Don't reply back bluntly accusing them of being wrong or they don't know anything. If this continues, I will lock this thread. Thank you.

no plm vamp it won;'t be happening anymore I made my point that was all there was to it. and a misreading did occur here so theres no need for me to go futher :)

but some cases, I think it is a cop-out for some people to avoid admitting their real identity. There are some people who develop homosexual tendencies without any apparent reason. I think people feel as if they have the need to justify their homosexual preferences.
AGREED!!!!! It's not just b/c of rape or getting beaten by guys...perhaps they are just justifying their attractions "Oh, no I don't REALLY love women...it's just that I've had so many bad experiances with men, that I'm attracted to women." We do live in a homophobic society....and I did go through simlair justification when I realized I liked women. (Oh no...I just love Mo b/c she's my best friend...I don't really love her eroticly)
Even a straight woman would be uncomfortable around men for a while after she's been raped. However, imagine being raped so many times by different men that you lose your faith in them.
Vampy, you're on a college campus. A lot of college kids experiment. And who knows? Maybe the "rape" or getting beaten by guys reason is another form of "justification" "I'm not really lesbian I just seem to attract rotten boys, therefore all men are scum, therefore that's the reason I like women."

its true at age 17- 25ish ( around there not pinpointing the age tho) theres a form of identiy crisis and they aren't sure where what or how to react to thier own true being, So theres bound to be confusion on thier counterparts and testing thier waters so its a norm in the homophic socieity, I was BI for a yr at least but there was NO attraction to men in my life i just felt nothing with them when i met women i was SO comfy and so loose in myself and can openly and communicate with them and respect myself and understand this is where i stand on who i am and i always have been attracted to women all my life therefore it's not a harmful thing. theres no right or wrong IMO its all abt who u are inside and u gotta know what u want in life. and everyday honestly is a education it never stops u learn new things about yourself in every aspect in life. so there's no harm in it.
As for rape, abuses and all theres all of that in both hetro and homosexual relationships. I admitted to being an abuser and i have made admends its just like being in AA or NA in any aspect u see i was angry back then now im not ( well im a bit peeved at someone right now in my family but im not the kind to dwell on it anymore) i finallt got past the terror part i n my life and am at this stage making peace with myself and thats a good start but my love for women still stands today.

( one more thing i admitted in here in the other thread at the domestic voilence thread which is in the on topic debate section u can read about that there)

Can anyone tell me how my father decided to be gay? he never got raped by woman or man. He decided to be gay before MARRIED my mother. My mother told her to leave after she found out he was gay. She didn't want him to expose his lifestyle front of me.

My cousin is lesbian, she was so tomboy since we were kids. I grew up with her. She never talk about boys, alway talk about sports. She loved to play soccer. She never dated ONE boy or man in her life. She've been with women in her whole life. She don't have any attractive or feeling for men.

As for me, I was bi for 2 years. I had boyfriend and girlfriend at the same time. My ex gf had a boyfriend and me at the same time too. I realized that woman is more trust, comfortable, their personalities better than men (no offense gentlemen), they gave me so much respect. I decided to not have men in my life. I switched my lifestyle from BI to pure lesbian. It had nothing to do with rape!

Apparently some of you seem to be 'hooked' onto the assumption of others thinking that 'all' women or men were switched to a specific lifestyle of being with another of the same sex by rape or other type of sexual abuses...it was very well 'noted' that only a few, some, etc.(not all) changed because of a life changing trauma such as rape, sexual abuse, etc. For those of you who simply grew up or suddenly had an urge or desire to be with another of the same sex...the bottom line is this: The indication or implication here is however you came about to be who you are and for the lifestyle you have chosen, no one is suggesting that any of you came to these terms because of a past trauma...it's just a matter of a fact that there have been cases where either a man or woman choosing the lifestyle because of past traumatic sexual experience(s)....

This Rainbow forum is open for anyone to look into and be able to speak whatever opinions each is compelled to express without being disrespectful to the GLBT community...likewise, these same GLBT shouldn't be disrespectful to others that aren't into this lifestyle...the thoughts, comments shared by everyone ought to be out of courtesy and respect to each other regardless of anyone's lifestyle! Where there is a common ground to which each of us isn't in one's shoes...for example, I may not completely 'feel' what any GLBT may feel or think, likewise, they couldn't 'feel' my own feelings or what I may think...this is where we all can 'bridge the gap' with mutual respect AND courtesy! Peace out....

Roadrunner aka PEACEMAKER

deafdyke said:
AGREED!!!!! It's not just b/c of rape or getting beaten by guys...perhaps they are just justifying their attractions "Oh, no I don't REALLY love women...it's just that I've had so many bad experiances with men, that I'm attracted to women." We do live in a homophobic society....and I did go through simlair justification when I realized I liked women. (Oh no...I just love Mo b/c she's my best friend...I don't really love her eroticly)

Vampy, you're on a college campus. A lot of college kids experiment. And who knows? Maybe the "rape" or getting beaten by guys reason is another form of "justification" "I'm not really lesbian I just seem to attract rotten boys, therefore all men are scum, therefore that's the reason I like women."
I said SOME... which does not mean ALL.

No, it's not because of college. Some of these friends I'm referring to are not students at RIT. I'm talking about my friends... the ones close to me.

I don't think deaf isn't only but hearing are also. Deaf and hearing have common is gossip, rumor, or other negatives. I see nothing difference between deaf and hearing. I believe most of us are responisble for our actions and thoughts about others. It doesn't matter who blames both for how we act and think either negatives or positives.

darkangel8603 said:
That is totally true.. That is the one negative thing about the deaf community, gossips, rumors about one small, tiny mistake or dumb thing to do and the whole city knows maybe the whole country.. pathetic!!

Back