Deaf Firefighter?

Mmmm.... weird.

I dont know about the siren and crap but I dont know alota info about this part. I'm wondering if hard of hearing can be part of the whole thing without getting no pay?

my county fire department is a HUGE agency with so many career firefighters along with volunteers -- i know a female volunteer firefighter that is fluent in ASL for this area but yes shes hearie -- uhmm DEAF firefighter ive never met 1 who volunteers or is a career firefighter for this county -- that ive never thought of -- would be interesting to find out if there is a DEAF volunteer or career firefighter in the county

Prostock -- i would think that the firefighters are partnered up 2 or 3 in a team in different locations while at scene of a fire -- so i dont think it would be a big issue having a Deaf firefighter alongside the hearie firefighters while on duty and the hearie if gets the command to get OUT of the bldg, that hearie can tell the Deafie to get out :dunno: if that would be a good system to do even in intense smoke/fire where theres limited visability -- but i think its do-able if there was a code used (like a nbrs code or something)

deaf can't drive fire truck....bec it reguires to talk on radio...

deaf can't go in the house where the fire is bec what if it falls down and they would alert him too late.

I mean.. i know hes there for the job but having it as a job or just there to help out or whatever..... yakkkk!!!

Originally posted by vvti low rolla
deaf can't drive fire truck....bec it reguires to talk on radio...

deaf can't go in the house where the fire is bec what if it falls down and they would alert him too late.
Deaf can do it. I am hearing and believe Deaf can do it!

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
what a min?? are you really hearing prostock19??
100%. Ask Allisonjoy, Teddy, ShieldTalisman, Complicated, Kevbo....who else. They all know me IRL. (Kevbo only met me at Gally HC)

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
I didin't know you were hearing, I expect you are daef :Oops:
No problem. Many people are surprised when they find out I am hearing. Many people are surprised. They usually find out when I ask them to slow down their signing.

Nice to meet you, too. If you ask any of my friends, I am deaf when I am with them except when they need help at a restraunt to make sure the waitress gets the order correct.

Shield, sorry. It will be habbit to call you this way.

WHAT?!?! You hearing, Prostock19?!?!? You caught me off guard here, because at all these times I thought you're deaf. I looked at your pic and thought I have met you before but not sure. :laugh2:

But, hey, it's all :thumb: good, that you're in here and being involved into Deaf World. :thumb:

Back