Deaf Firefighter?

Pure Ion

Reaction score
I don't mind being a deaf fireman but they don't allow deaf people. Why? The answer- Simply cuz they cant hear.

Well well well, what about deaf dalmations, they use the dogs don't they? Hmm?

Originally posted by Pure Ion
I don't mind being a deaf fireman but they don't allow deaf people. Why? The answer- Simply cuz they cant hear.

Well well well, what about deaf dalmations, they use the dogs don't they? Hmm?
I am not 100% sure, but I think I know this guy who is a volunteer Fire Fighter and he is deaf. Ask Allisonjoy. She knows the guy more than me.

mhmm I don't know any deaf firefighters :dunno: and idk abt deaf dalamations but I wonder why firefighters use dalamations not other dogs?

but, you can join small twp firehouse, not big city...like they pay firefighters...

you can become a volunteer firefighter

yeah, i know a volunteer firefighter. he's been doing it for years and years. i suppose lincoln, rhode island IS a small town.

yeah you can be jr fire fighter but a true full time fire fighters idkk. my classmate's a jr firefighter for his hometown

well, he can be part timer firefighter...but not jr firefighter bec he is...i guess older than teen?

I saw somewhere on internet a real Deaf Fire fighter on website. i dont know where i can find. it was long ago.

It would be cool to have deaf firefighters for real... since I feel that Deafies are more AWARE of what's happening around themselves in the fire. :dunno:

There has been volunteers firefighters that are deaf. I know one of them. He loved it alot.

Originally posted by ChelEler
It would be cool to have deaf firefighters for real... since I feel that Deafies are more AWARE of what's happening around themselves in the fire. :dunno:
Being hearing and a former volunteer, I had this discussion with Allisonjoy. My 1st thought is when an evacuation call is being sent out. Normally, all the fire trucks turn on their sirens and blow their horns. But, ofc that don't work with deaf. My idea was turn the water on and off, perhaps 3x in a row, and that would tell deaf firefighters to exit the building.

What about Lights? The bright flashing light? Or do you mean in the building that's on a fire? I don't think I'm following you right, here. :confused:

What about Lights? The bright flashing light? Or do you mean in the building that's on a fire? I don't think I'm following you right, here. :confused:
Yes, when you're in a building and the fire is too out of control and dangerous to for an inside attact.

Ah, 258~ I have never had the experience being in a building on a fire before, so I don't really know what to say. :dunno:

What about driving firetrucks? Most Deaf drivers are better than hearing drivers, am I right?

Ah, 258~ I have never had the experience being in a building on a fire before, so I don't really know what to say. :dunno:

What about driving firetrucks? Most Deaf drivers are better than hearing drivers, am I right?
You are right...most of the time. If a deaf person concentrates on driving, and keeps eyes on the road. I think more people in small towns should think about firefighting. If they have a problem, then they should bring them to court for discrimination.

Back