Deaf children's parents must decide on surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't twist my word.

I am not trust me. It's called challenging questions to bring upon what you believe and view this. One sentence doesn't match your other view on another sentence. You just have to be careful to elaborate well because what others read from you is not the same what you understand from what you write unless you explain clearer.

I said: every "people" what I mean is the child to adult's own choice, period.

I get that you mean from age 1-80 is okay to implant them if they lose hearing right away. Example, if it a 3 year old loses his hearing and he's been gaining language as a hearing child, you think it's okay to implant them right then and not wait until 7 years old. That's what it sounds like you're saying. Toddlers are children and can't make choices.

Wear from 6 months old babies with HA first is the best, only if the test is 100% accurately.

And I asked you, what about those that receive no benefit from hearing aids? Example, they wore it HAs up until 1 or 2 years old showing no progress or sign of benefit. What is your view on this?

Nope, the parents often are mistake with their decisions, they made for their children.
I would like to give you more examples but I can't because it would end off topic here if I do because this thread what I create is belong only CI issue

Well Liebling. I would need examples from you too. I would love to talk to them personally. I have talked and read forums of those children. I have talked to parents of children in real life--they seem happy and do well. I haven't heard many negative. I have heard many positives than negatives. It was a long time ago when I did that, but believe me when I say this. I talked to many, many that I lost count. I saw only one positive one at a deaf school. One girl sent mixed messages. She seemed confused. It sounded like she didn't have good support from her deaf school. The other from what I heard from an ASL teacher didn't wear it, but I don't know what he feels like because I didn't ask him myself since he didn't talk to me. There weren't very many negative because there weren't enough deaf children with CI there.

Please remember that I do not against CI.
I respect every's opinion here what they do with their children because it's not my children. What I do with my children is different than you or others.

I would suggest you to create a new thread.

I do know that you aren't against it for adults or Children from age 7 and up. I don't need to create another thread. One conversation leads to another which is relevant to this topic, IMO. There isn't one 1 statement debate regarding CI. I take this you want me to stop debating. This is a debate. I thought you were done talking to all of us. If you don't want to discuss further, then you are more than welcome to stop as you said you would. I don't want to stop. I have more to say.

Last edited:
TiaraPrincess, hiya....ummm, can I put an ice-cold compress on your forehead from all the wall-banging I just know you gotta be doing? LOL....hang in there, girl!

***shake the head***

Please re-read what Alex, Angel and Javapride say in their last posts.

Once more again.

PLEASE RESPECT EVERYBODY'S OPINION, NOT MAKE THEM TO AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.
Don't push them to agree with you. It's up to them either they are agree with you or not.

You twist my word again.
What should we do with that ages because babies to toddlers can't choose what they want. They don't understand their choice until they are older enough.........

I said: every "people" what I mean is the child to adult's own choice, period.

I do know that you aren't against it for adults or Children from age 7 and up. I don't need to create another thread. One conversation leads to another which is relevant to this topic, IMO. There isn't one 1 statement debate regarding CI. I take this you want me to stop debating. This is a debate. I thought you were done talking to all of us. If you don't want to discuss further, then you are more than welcome to stop as you said you would. I don't want to stop. I have more to say.

Got it at last.

Yes, I am going to ask Admin. and Mod to close my thread before Alex's last answer on Tousi's interesting question over HA. It's what I'm interesting to hear about.

Liebeling, TP did not twist your words at all. She has been polite all this time. She really is now asking you a simple question.

I just asked Alex a very basic question and you just watch the civilty by which I know he will respond. Can't you accord TP the same thing? Please don't yell, "Fire" when there isn't one.

Tousi said:
TiaraPrincess, hiya....ummm, can I put an ice-cold compress on your forehead from all the wall-banging I just know you gotta be doing? LOL....hang in there, girl!

and also :beer: , too.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Tousi said:
I just asked Alex a very basic question and you just watch the civilty by which I know he will respond. Can't you accord TP the same thing? Please don't yell, "Fire" when there isn't one.

I only said that I find your question interesting that' s why I'm waiting for Alex to answer your question, that's all.

Nope, TP do not accept/respect my opinion. Yes, she twist my word because she knows my opinion in first place.

Liebling:-))) said:
and also :beer: , too.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

True colors shown....

I wasn't twisting your words. Do you even know what that means? I take it that you don't like what you hear/read. I take it that you're in denial that it isn't cosmetics surgery. I challenge you, Liebling. All you have to say is that it is the children and parents' choice. Hearing aids since 6 months. Not all deaf children are born deaf, neither do ever deaf children show the same benefit from hearing aids.

I take it you don't know what else to say. You're caught up in your words. It's denial. You can't admit you were wrong that it isn't cosmetics surgery.

If you can't take a challenge in the forum, then by all means, don't post anything. Closing this thread :locked: is only for your convinience.

Why didn't you stop posting when you said you would? Shows me you can't handle a challenging debate.

Of course I laugh because I don't care what you or Tousi think about me. Why can't I join Tousi's post to make a extra emotion for you. :thumb:

See my link:

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=236094&postcount=122

I doesn't bother to answer some of your posts because it's repeat posts. I only correct your posts because you twist my word.

You can say many whatever you like but I doesn't bother to answer your posts because your is repeating.

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear Alex's answer on Tousi's interesting question because I like interesting posts not judge and push posts.

Tousi and TaraPrincess;
:ugh:
It really shows your true colors, It's the other way around. Because Liebling stated that she doesn't want to say anymore to anyone's post, But TaraPrincess, you brought it up again, Why can't you just leave her alone? If Someone said they wishes not to answer any more posts, then respect her wishes. Does it make sense to you?

It would be a good idea to lock this thread, Because people seem not to respecting others opinions :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked:

Exactly, Cheri

Yes, I'm agree that my thread should be LOCK :pissed:

I like to hear Alex's answer on Tousi's interesting question then LOCK my thread PLEASE!

Tousi said:
Hello, Alex....got a question for ya. You say you wear an aid and it helps you lots. Just curious here about how much is a lot because the truly reputable CI professionals out there say that if one gets "too much" (whatever that means but I assume comprehension of the spoken word) benefit from a hearing aid, one would NOT be qualified for implantation.

Here we go again :roll:

I know why you are asking Alex that question because, of my post in another thread You would never give up wouldn't you it's always drama for you people. :Ohno:

Liebling:-))) said:
Got it at last.

Yes, I am going to ask Admin. and Mod to close my thread before Alex's last answer on Tousi's interesting question over HA. It's what I'm interesting to hear about.
Mod Note:

Thread locked at creator's request. :locked:

Tousi said:
Hello, Alex....got a question for ya. You say you wear an aid and it helps you lots. Just curious here about how much is a lot because the truly reputable CI professionals out there say that if one gets "too much" (whatever that means but I assume comprehension of the spoken word) benefit from a hearing aid, one would NOT be qualified for implantation.
Sorry I'm late, I just realized your question now.

All I know is that I can hear very little on my left ear and almost nothing on my right. For that reason, I wear a hearing aid on my left ear, and without it I'm almost completely deaf. With my hearing aid, I can hear on the phone, can hear when people when they're not looking at me, as long as there's no loud noise in the background.

I wasn't aware that if one benefits a lot from a hearing aid, he/she is not qualified for CI. I know that CI was an option when I was 5 years old, but my parents declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back