deaf 2 years old kids wear CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
People also have the option of ignoring offending posts. I don't get why CI recipients and parents thereof feel the need to defend getting a CI as a knee-jerk reaction; especially on a forum that is so heavily populated with culturally deafened people. The oralist on this forum have shot them (and people like me or support the use of sign) down time and time again; yet they feel this need to defend themselves. If the signing deaf on this forum aren't worth your time, why the heck do you bother with trying to defend yourselves and get SO bent out of shape when someone ruffles your feathers?

Honestly because of the thing that are said. If someone said "I don't want a CI for my kid". Fine. That wouldn't get a blasting. It is whenpeople say "No one should implant their children" or "Freaks" or "child abusers". That is when people get upset. The OP was offensive to people because she implied that the CI using kids should take off their devices, so that her child was not left out. While I understand the pain of your child being excluded (and believe me as a parent of a signing child, I really do) it is not ok to begrudge a child the ability to speak.

Actually, you are insulting me. My daughter uses ASL as her language. She is in a Deaf school and has only Deaf friends. I have posted several times that I do NOT believe that oral only is right. I never said that I want my daughter to be like me, I said that I am giving her a device that is stronger than her hearing aids. And since you decided to sling mud at me, MY daughter was born hearing and has slowly lost her hearing because of a bad doctor who nearly killed her. She struggled back against a more than 90% chance of death to be the strong fighter she is today. We are a part of the Deaf community, my daughter is DEAF PROUD, and the thing on her ear will never change that, and neither will close minded people who insult CI users.

(And this time I was mad)

Oh sorry, I thought you against me about oral only. Because I posted about kids with CI in my son's class, they all is oral only, no ASL. Because doctor told them to not use the signs, have to focus on oral because got CI, so need take their time and learn the ASL later or never either. I just feel like you and half of people in here against me about oral only. Think it's ok for kids with CI to be oral only without ASL involves. That's just making me hate CI. I don't hate your kid or other kids. I love all the kids, just itself ci which influence them to be oral only than ASL, follow up the what doctor said. I ain't against the parents who gave kids CI. I don't have any problems with them. I having problems with the parents who believes in oral only, no asl involves.

Melissa, just ignore this thread. They don't care and keep bashing you up, so try visit other threads.

I think u can visit the general chat section so they can help you out. How about that?

But I think you need to send a via PM to mods and make a desicion: asking to remove pointless posts or lock it up. :)

Don't worry about this thread or they who are against your belief. :hug:

Actually, several "pro-ci" people, including myself have offered advice. I have a signing child.

Oh sorry, I thought you against me about oral only. Because I posted about kids with CI in my son's class, they all is oral only, no ASL. Because doctor told them to not use the signs, have to focus on oral because got CI, so need take their time and learn the ASL later or never either. I just feel like you and half of people in here against me about oral only. Think it's ok for kids with CI to be oral only without ASL involves. That's just making me hate CI. I don't hate your kid or other kids. I love all the kids, just itself ci which influence them to be oral only than ASL, follow up the what doctor said. I ain't against the parents who gave kids CI. I don't have any problems with them. I having problems with the parents who believes in oral only, no asl involves.

I think it is safe to say that u hate the views of oralism only and that was what u were trying to express when creating this thread. If I am correct on my assumptions, I feell the same as you. I hate this view too...especially the doctors tellig the parents not to use the signs. It offends me deeply, as a deaf person because that is like I am not as valuable as a hearing person is. I feel u 100% girl!

Then make sure you don't judge all CI parents, or kids. I also know parents who sign at home, but their child refuses to use ASL and has asked them to stop. Again, you can't know what a family is doing or feeling unless you live in their home.

Honestly because of the thing that are said. If someone said "I don't want a CI for my kid". Fine. That wouldn't get a blasting. It is whenpeople say "No one should implant their children" or "Freaks" or "child abusers". That is when people get upset. The OP was offensive to people because she implied that the CI using kids should take off their devices, so that her child was not left out. While I understand the pain of your child being excluded (and believe me as a parent of a signing child, I really do) it is not ok to begrudge a child the ability to speak.

If I see any kids with CI and can signs at same time at about 2 yrs old to 4 years old. I wouldn't ever say wish kids stop wearing CI or anything. But I haven't meet any of kids with CI that know the SIGNS yet in real life for the toddler. So I said that. And also, I didn't know so many out there in here have kids with CI. If I knew u or other people have kids with CI, I wouldn't ever say anything about wish kids stop wearing CI. I would keep to myself as my opinion to myself. But now I learn about alldeaf have so many kids with CI around here. I am not gonna to say it anymore about kids should stop wear CI. I am leave you all alone. Now I am point at oral only issue problems for my son and me and for deaf world too.

If I see any kids with CI and can signs at same time at about 2 yrs old to 4 years old. I wouldn't ever say wish kids stop wearing CI or anything. But I haven't meet any of kids with CI that know the SIGNS yet in real life for the toddler. So I said that. And also, I didn't know so many out there in here have kids with CI. If I knew u or other people have kids with CI, I wouldn't ever say anything about wish kids stop wearing CI. I would keep to myself as my opinion to myself. But now I learn about alldeaf have so many kids with CI around here. I am not gonna to say it anymore about kids should stop wear CI. I am leave you all alone. Now I am point at oral only issue problems for my son and me and for deaf world too.

You don't have to leave. Actually, I think there are only 4 or 5 people here who have implanted kids. I don't think ypou should have to keep your opinions to yourself, it just makes me sad that you think they should have to stop wearing them, whether you say it or not.
Again, you are welcome to stay. Maybe you will learn a thing or two about CI's ang hearing parents.

I think it is safe to say that u hate the views of oralism only and that was what u were trying to express when creating this thread. If I am correct on my assumptions, I feell the same as you. I hate this view too...especially the doctors tellig the parents not to use the signs. It offends me deeply, as a deaf person because that is like I am not as valuable as a hearing person is. I feel u 100% girl!

That's how I feeling too.

Then make sure you don't judge all CI parents, or kids. I also know parents who sign at home, but their child refuses to use ASL and has asked them to stop. Again, you can't know what a family is doing or feeling unless you live in their home.

ok. I don't judge on them. But I just want old times come back, like where we had used to have kids who all know the signs in that deaf program, same place, same school before. But now it seems getting change to be oral only. No more signs. Not about parents.

You don't have to leave. Actually, I think there are only 4 or 5 people here who have implanted kids. I don't think ypou should have to keep your opinions to yourself, it just makes me sad that you think they should have to stop wearing them, whether you say it or not.
Again, you are welcome to stay. Maybe you will learn a thing or two about CI's ang hearing parents.

Actually, I learns a lot about you and other hearing parent with their kids ci now. I will try to ask deaf kids with ci's parents about why prefer oral only, not signs. Or something, how can I ask them in a nicely way without offend them?

Actually, I learns a lot about you and other hearing parent with their kids ci now. I will try to ask deaf kids with ci's parents about why prefer oral only, not signs. Or something, how can I ask them in a nicely way without offend them?

I would ask them if they have thought about giving their child both. That there are so many benefits to being bilingual, plus there are time, like swimming and the bath, or processor problems, that their child will not have the CI, so why not use ASL during those times. I would offer to have their child come play with your son, so you can show them some simple sign, and their child can see your son's signs. Tell them that they can have both. Tell them that it is NOT true that using ASL slows down speech. And say that ASL is fun and not hard to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back