Date ideas?

art nut

i am an art nutt...and a biker..so..i either take my date to and art gallery or a ride to a great bistro at FULL speed...both ways make for some good talking. most art galleries have a open night.....

gnarlydorkette said:
Coolest "Mom-n-pop" coffee joints are "The Living Room" and "Lestat's"... one in La Jolla and Hillcrest for the former (just saw their website-- they are opening a new one in Old Town), and the latter is in... only Hillcrest, I think. They both are open 24-7 (the living room in Hillcrest has some staff members that know ASL a bit so it was cool to oder in ASL) Can't you tell that I love Hillcrest?! Anyway, both coffeehouses got art pieces by locals and they are... quirky. If you are anything like me, you will enjoy those coffeehouses. (Liza you definitely will love the places if you ever are in San Diego!)

EDITED:
C said that the North Country is only good for having bunch of outdoors activites (hiking trails and whatnot) or NICE $$$ resturants. he should know NC very well-- he spend half of his social life there and is now "recovered" from the stagnant NC milieu and live it up in San Diego, heetee! Anyway he mentioned that there is one cool bowling alley where everythign is neon and blacklights... it is VERY popular, so crowded but you can come in earlier to avoid the clamor. The best thing? IT IS IN VISTA! He said he thinks the place is actually "Vista Bowling Alley" so check it out for the next date.

I'll have to check out those 'mom n pop' joints. I do like that kinda of thing.

Re: bowling alley. I've been there a few times.... that's where SOS goes on Saturdays... so I wouldn't go there anyhow. I know... Boo...

We ended up going to Strong Ale, and I was already wasted by 7 PM, then went to my place and watched "Dot the I" weird movie... I hope he enjoyed it tho. :D

vfr said:
i am an art nutt...and a biker..so..i either take my date to and art gallery or a ride to a great bistro at FULL speed...both ways make for some good talking. most art galleries have a open night.....

Cool. He does bike. Hasn't offered to take me on his bike through, yet.

The area I live in is pretty rural in a way... can get boring that sometimes gotta head to the beach or down to San Diego urban areas for the fun stuff.

I did give him the opinion of go-karting. He had a funny look on his face. Hmmm... he said he's a "passive" driver... interesting. Alright.

Sweet_KJ said:
I did give him the opinion of go-karting. He had a funny look on his face. Hmmm... he said he's a "passive" driver... interesting. Alright.

Aw! Even though he rides on a motorcycle? Ha!

Re: bowling alley. I've been there a few times.... that's where SOS goes on Saturdays... so I wouldn't go there anyhow. I know... Boo...
O-H. Understood...! Maybe that was how C knew the place... he used to go SOS too. "in ANOTHER life" he said.

We ended up going to Strong Ale, and I was already wasted by 7 PM, then went to my place and watched "Dot the I" weird movie... I hope he enjoyed it tho.
:giggle: I am glad you enjoyed the festival! Were there booths that offeres different ales from random places for free (even tho you did pay 20$)?

Talk to you online sometime! :)

bike

if he is a new rider,wait until he has at least 2000 miles on the bike before getting on with him.
if he has been riding for years..but has a new bike..then give him 200 miles to get a feel for it.
having a passenger on a bike realy changes every thing about it. so maybe he is playing it safe.

gnarlydorkette said:
Aw! Even though he rides on a motorcycle? Ha!

LOL. Yeah, I guess so. Charming.

:giggle: I am glad you enjoyed the festival! Were there booths that offeres different ales from random places for free (even tho you did pay 20$)?

It was $15 to get in. Free glass and 5 vouchers for 4oz samplers. They were definitely "Strong Ales" all have at least 8% alcohol content. Basically it was about 65 different taps set up in the back. Gave them numbers I'd try. There was one that smelled and tasted like 'ganja! Whoa! Didn't care for that one. Felt like I was chewing on a plant. LOL It was interesting. And I was a bit wasted before 7 PM. Then we went back to my place to watch a flick and shared 4 cans of Guinness (love that stuff!)

I don't know if you've ever been there (or have any interest going), but one place I enjoyed visiting was Balboa Park Not much of a 'party' atmosphere but if have the time and are looking for a romantic day out just strolling, its a good place to go.

Taylor said:
I don't know if you've ever been there (or have any interest going), but one place I enjoyed visiting was Balboa Park Not much of a 'party' atmosphere but if have the time and are looking for a romantic day out just strolling, its a good place to go.

Excellent idea... That's so relaxing & romantic...

San Diego area...
Hey, how about riding 2 motorcycles on the water ?

I called this "Motorcycles on the Water" which means same thing
as renting 2 Waverunners at Seaforth Misson Bay or Coronado areas
That is one of my favorite activities for FUN dating....
http://www.seaforthboatrental.com/pw_main.htm

Many Harley bikers wouldn't mind waverunners/jetskiis only
because they are ALMOST same as "Motorcyles on the Water"....

how about ummm... are there any festivals going on in the area???

this past weekend my bf and i went to a german festival here in chicago... it was fun! but ofc DAMN FREEZING!!! (18 DEGREES! lol) AND i got a frostbite after that.... sheesh--- cuz i was busy taking pictures :dizzy:

i consider SHARING A HOT APPLE CIDER, PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PRETZEL (<---yup and yummy!) and SNUGGLING together to keep warm VERY ROMANTIC!!! :thumb: (my bf was trying to warm me up cuz my fingers/hands were hurting like HELL!- :( )

Back