Date ideas?

Sweet_KJ

Reaction score
Hey y'all.

I'm a lady, first of all. And the guy who I've set up time for tomorrow night asked me to take the steering wheel and figure out plans for the evening. We've already gone to the beach at night and kicked back with a flick at home.

Does anyone have fun ideas... I'm up for anything, really, but for some reason (probably due to work) I cant come up with them at this moment... suggestions? I'm in North County San Diego, if that matters. (Been here for over an year but I don't know much but to head downtown San Diego (about a 30 minute drive away) or hit the beach, that gets kinda old)...

I like creativity... people.. let me know :D (I'm deaf, he's hearing)

1. Go get an XBox and the game Halo, or Quake. :bowdown: :rifle:

2. Make homemade nachos, turn out all the lights and watch a) an ESPN DVD of NFL's greatest hits, or b) the B/W Tarzan movies just came out on DVD with johnny and maureen, or c) just something different and out of the norm for the both 'a ya. :cheers:

3. Go play pool. That's always a popular one. :bump:

4. Play Twister :D

5. Go window shopping in an electronics store. :dj:

6. Go to a movie. :cuddle:

7. Go to Barnes and Nobles, have some coffee and just meander. :smoking:

8. Go to Best Buy, make a Christmas want list, then give it to him and watch his face. :rofl:

9. Go to an Italian restaraunt and just hang out, eat, talk, drink expresso. :)

Hey, long time... no see!

Well, I guess it would depend.

I don't know your guy well, but for me... I would like my woman to cook me dinner and we eat at the table with a candle in the middle. To make it refreshing, host it outside... if the weather permits. Afterwards, play some music and dance with him? Maybe, watch a movie instead?

Hi SweetKJ, :hug: wb ;)

Cook him a nice dinner with candlites, ( I know most guys like that )...And rent some movies, by watching it in the dark with just candles near by....

:ily:

woOOOo good seeing you KJ back here again...

How's sound bring mistle and smooching more merrier!
*chuckles*~:lol:

Anyway... Um... Take him go to theatre or Dance or anything you feel comfy and good taste someplace better romantic for your hote date!
Good Luck!

DarrenD said:
1. Go get an XBox and the game Halo, or Quake. :bowdown: :rifle:

I'm not going to buy an XBox. lol. I don't think the dude is up for that.

2. Make homemade nachos, turn out all the lights and watch a) an ESPN DVD of NFL's greatest hits, or b) the B/W Tarzan movies just came out on DVD with johnny and maureen, or c) just something different and out of the norm for the both 'a ya. :cheers:

Don't mind the nachos... but I'm not "his woman" as of yet. I rather pick my nose in front of him than bore myself to death on NFL moments. We already did the B/W flick -- watched Dr Strangelove the last time. Hmmm.

3. Go play pool. That's always a popular one. :bump:

Good idea. Except, I don't know where the good billiard locations here are.

4. Play Twister :D

I'm saving that game for later. :D

5. Go window shopping in an electronics store. :dj:

Why does it have to be electronics? I don't even like shopping for clothes. So far everything is for him, none for me.

[QUOTE}6. Go to a movie. :cuddle: [/QUOTE]

Classic. He did suggest Drive-In. Another time, as that was his idea. Won't be fair to grab it.

7. Go to Barnes and Nobles, have some coffee and just meander. :smoking:

Hmm. This something I could do anytime.

8. Go to Best Buy, make a Christmas want list, then give it to him and watch his face. :rofl:

That'd be funny. Except, I'm not crazy about electronics and stuff. Plus I don't want to come across as some sort of gold digger. Hmmm.

9. Go to an Italian restaraunt and just hang out, eat, talk, drink expresso. :)

Romantic..... but who's paying?

Vampy and Angel...

Thanks for dinner suggestion. I'd love to do that... except I have little time this weekend... plus I'm not sure if I'd invite him to my place just yet... (I'm still in the middle of moving in... although I moved in 2 months ago! so it's a bit embarrassing, and I've seen his place... he's a NEAT freak!! I envy that.)

Theatre, dinner, dancing. Really sweet. I think that's probably better for a later date.... this would be our 3rd time getting together in person, so I'm not sure if that's the right timing to begin that.

I get pretty silly and random when I talk to him... always b.s. things like "Oh, I'm training for the Palmpona trip (where they do the bull run)" or "Tap dancing" or "I'm going clam digging at the beach" and stuff like that.

How about this... I was thinking of doing a picture scavenger hunt.... or is that too much activity? (I'm not sure how he feels about driving around or walking about a lot...) SOmething like the following:
take pictures of the following:
Find a three legged dog.
get wet at the beach in your clothes.
take pictures with random strangers.
etc etc...
(if you like this idea and have more to add.. let me know)

Or.... any other suggestions that can be done tomorrow... I'm short on time... eep (going to try to clean my place as much as possible!)

KJ
Bonk my head.. forgot tell'n you.. aka Bullym0m here.. has been changed new screen-name..

btw...

To tell ya a little more about us:

Him: a bit older... he spends a lot of time this month training for Total Combat (yes he's a professional ultimate fighter). He is a TOTAL sweetheart. He is more mushy and romantic than I am... (so far as I can tell)... I'm shocked he's like that. He's very respectful.

Me: I'm a romantic at heart, but I get a little leery about timing and stuff like that. I'm told I'm a "hard read" (he said I don't flirt with him in person... I wasn't aware of this.. lol)

I like this guy A LOT. I'm just kinda, although trying not to be, suscpious about his smitten attitude towards me... I mean I'm like "Is this for real? He really likes me as it seems? or is he just playing me?" etc. We both said we don't like "needy" people. True, I'm not "needy" but wow, if I start liking someone, I do tend to talk to them a lot. That's not needy is that? lol.

GalaxyAngel said:
KJ
Bonk my head.. forgot tell'n you.. aka Bullym0m here.. has been changed new screen-name..

Oh!!! Hello!! I was like "eeh, I don't remember that name before.. and I'm being welcomed back..." Now it makes sense :D

Romantic..... but who's paying?

Well, since you're not 'his woman' yet, offer for the both of you to pitch in $20-$25 together and treat each other. 'course, if he's worth his salt, he'll pay for the whole thing (I'm an old-fashioned type'a guy). Now if he don't have the money, that's another story. You could cook it yourself, but get him involved on the flavoring to make it a co-op venture. Sometimes it embarrases guys if they really don't like the taste and are under pressure to comment on the cooking. And don't forget the candles. But be careful of what you both eat... :fart: I recently had to cut a date short because of overspiced pizza...

I was being facetious about the NFL thing. :mrgreen: Get something completely off the wall, out of the norm for the both of you. That's safe. Dr Strangelove is great, but not THAT off the wall. Black and white silents? Criterion Collection foreign films?

There are some franchise chains that have pool rooms...Fox Lair (or something like that) is one. I'm sure San Diego has one or two. Try the Yellow Pages. I'm glad you realize I was NOT suggesting some barroom dive.

They still have drive-in movies??? I haven't seen one since the '70s! It's probably too cold for one, anyway.

DarrenD said:
Well, since you're not 'his woman' yet, offer for the both of you to pitch in $20-$25 together and treat each other. 'course, if he's worth his salt, he'll pay for the whole thing (I'm an old-fashioned type'a guy). Now if he don't have the money, that's another story. You could cook it yourself, but get him involved on the flavoring to make it a co-op venture. Sometimes it embarrases guys if they really don't like the taste and are under pressure to comment on the cooking. And don't forget the candles. But be careful of what you both eat... :fart: I recently had to cut a date short because of overspiced pizza...

I was being facetious about the NFL thing. :mrgreen: Get something completely off the wall, out of the norm for the both of you. That's safe. Dr Strangelove is great, but not THAT off the wall. Black and white silents? Criterion Collection foreign films?

There are some franchise chains that have pool rooms...Fox Lair (or something like that) is one. I'm sure San Diego has one or two. Try the Yellow Pages. I'm glad you realize I was NOT suggesting some barroom dive.

They still have drive-in movies??? I haven't seen one since the '70s! It's probably too cold for one, anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I said most recently, I'm a bit leery of having him over at my place just yet... it's a mess. I'm hoping I get it all cleaned up and organized by tomorrow... but somehow I'm doubtful. (Also, I'm not really in the mood to cook this weekend... did it for Thanksgiving and that's enough for now... plus I only got a kitchenette).

Yeah, apparently there's a drive in theatre somewhre in SD. I don't know where, but he said there is still one. It's not too cold here in SD. I can walk around with just jeans and shirt, perhaps a light jacket. Besides, if one was too cold on a date, isn't it more of an obligation to warm each other up? (try not to steam up the car lol)

What do you think of a scavenger hunt? I'm trying to be different and creative.

I like the movie idea, but that would have to be at my place (he's going to be up this way, that's why). Eh.

(A Native San Diegan steps in for help)

WELL, you both can always take a road trip to Julian for pies!! 'Tis time of the season!

As for the Billiard joints-- according to citybeat:
"Best Billiards
Society Billiards Café Society is decked in modern swank with neon lights, speckled counters, black fixtures and the coveted sidewalk patio. While the dress is mostly beachwear, a few slick fellows lurk over the competitive tables. 1051 Garnet Ave. 619-272-7665. "

Drive-in theatres are in Santee, Hillcrest (SOMEWHERE), and in Oceanside.. I am sure there are more but those three are the ones I know for sure. (Researching)... Here you go! I know they don't provide addresses but you canlook up the names of places! I was wrong about HIllcrest. Imperial Beach, Santee, El Cajon, and Oceanside.

For more information about "night life", www.sdcitybeat.com is pretty good to check out. And the free SD reader too-- the information is at the near end where you can find bunch of events to do. There are a section dedicated to North County.

(Citybeat got "Calender Week" of events availble this week (well more like for three weeks!).. http://www.sdcitybeat.com/article.php?id=3828&atype= )

For our "courtship", C and I went out to nature hiking trials (mission gorge and mtn ironman for example), check out the places that grow lavender or whatnot, and driving all way out to Sunrise Highway for stargazing, so they are some ideas for you... :)

If you both got money to spurge and you want something on the edge, go to "LIPS" near Downtown in Hillcrest. It is a BLAST! I think everybody in San Diego County should go there!

gnarlydorkette said:
For our "courtship", C and I went out to nature hiking trials (mission gorge and mtn ironman for example), check out the places that grow lavender or whatnot, and driving all way out to Sunrise Highway for stargazing, so they are some ideas for you... :)

Lovely. Was about to message you, but you beat me to it :)

Now... where are those above quoted places? I'm quite clueless. LOL

He's from SD as well... down by SDSU... actually not too far from you. :D
North County kinda sucks. Was thinking of doing something somewhere up here... hmm.

Uh...I'd drop the scavenger hunt. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know many guys who would like to do that on a date.

or you guys can decorate christmas tree and have a hot cocoa?

There is a game I LOVE...called Sardines. It is an opposite of 'Hide n Seek'. If you know a good and safe park. All you have to do is pick someone who is 'it'. The group have to count about 50 or 100. A person who is 'it' has to run and hide. The group has to spread out and search ...and find a person who is 'it'. If someone from the group found 'it'. He/she may joins with 'it' and hide where 'it' is hiding. Then another person find them two, he/she join with them....so on. The last person who find the 'it' group is going to be the next 'it.'... I hope i make myself self. If I dont, i ll shoot myself. :Oops:

There is an example,

A person who is 'it' decided to climb up in the tree. Each person who found 'it' has to climb up and hide with 'it'. It was about 15 ppeople who had to climb. It was funny. I liked it. :)

So good luck! ;)

if you've never done indoor rock climbing, it's a blast, and I think it would be a great date activity

I would scrap the scavenger hunt, it seems to artificial and I don't think I'd enjoy it if I was in his shoes

I forgot to add my suggestions.

They might be lame, but here goes. :)

Mini golf

CC movie at cinema or take in a foreign one.

Do indoor rockclimbing or go to interactive amusement centre.

Go dancing

Back