data usage on mobile phone

mail

Mine is Sprint Galaxy Tab

Data use for 1 year on unlimited AT&T for $10 a month. Before, in 2010 I used mostly EDGE and GPRS only. Starting around Jan 2011 I got 3G but didn't use it too much.

now, I just got HSPA+ access this month, will see how data use will change from this point on.

4pvx9t.jpg

I have the year history. Average is 309/MB/month. I don't see the point on why need over 2GB. It would be great for me to get smartphone under at&t for $45/month.

Attachments

• usaga-data.png
    usaga-data.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 9
Hey GuySmoke420

In your post #59, you used well over 250GB in Comcast. Are you serious about your usage? If so, how can you use so much data under Comcast? Also, how come Comcast did not drop you because it is my understanding that Comcast will drop you automatically if you go over 250 GB? Am I missing something?

last billing cycle - a little over 1.5gb because of Netflix :Ohno:

I use close to 4gb. Geez....I didn't think that was alot, but I guess it is.

In your post #59, you used well over 250GB in Comcast. Are you serious about your usage? If so, how can you use so much data under Comcast? Also, how come Comcast did not drop you because it is my understanding that Comcast will drop you automatically if you go over 250 GB? Am I missing something?

Comcast haven't yet Data limit. But Comcast don't charge more data over. But Comcast plan stop unlimited data in future cuz resason Comcast will get piss about Netflix and cloud server bandwitch much.

attachment.php

Attachments

• screnn.jpg
    screnn.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 43
Read what Comcast says:

Your Account (Your Current Account Data Usage) shows the message from Comcast saying that Your Comcast High-Speed Internet service has a monthly data usage of 250 GB...

Also, I read somewhere in Comcast that Comcast will drop you if you go over 250GB without warning you in advance. I guess I would have to look for it, but my point is how the hell you used 1623 GB in Sept, 768 GB in Oct and 693GB in Nov. That is why I don't understand that Comcast still keep you. You said that Comcast has unlimited data which is not true according to Comcast's limit of 250 GB which still sounds awfully high.

374958_2555782408549_1073613421_2742245_728893501_n.jpg

That's my data usage with my 3g smartphone. After Feb 2011, the data usage increased because they added 3G coverage in my area. It was more entertaining to do things on my phone with 3G instead of using edge network.

I've gone anywhere between 1.5 and 1.8 GB per month on my T mobile phone. I now have AT T Captivate Glide phone. I plan to do a lot of "Words With Friends" for one thing. I also plan to put a lot of posts on E Bay and Craigslist using Droid apps. It may make my GB jump quite a lot.

I've gone anywhere between 1.5 and 1.8 GB per month on my T mobile phone. I now have AT T Captivate Glide phone. I plan to do a lot of "Words With Friends" for one thing. I also plan to put a lot of posts on E Bay and Craigslist using Droid apps. It may make my GB jump quite a lot.

Cool, I have the old Samsung Captivate since Nov 2010. It's a touchscreen version. Your Captivate slide is the one with keyboard, basically.

That's my data usage with my 3g smartphone. After Feb 2011, the data usage increased because they added 3G coverage in my area. It was more entertaining to do things on my phone with 3G instead of using edge network.

4G will coming in your area soon. 4G has lived in my area right now. In 2012, they will roll out LTE in U.S.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

dereksbicycles said:
Cool, I have the old Samsung Captivate since Nov 2010. It's a touchscreen version. Your Captivate slide is the one with keyboard, basically.

That is why I picked this phone. I cannot live without keyboard.

Ha the other new 4g handsets are much better than the Captivates tho. I'm used to typing on the touchscreen. Its not so bad.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

snallga said:

4G will coming in your area soon. 4G has lived in my area right now. In 2012, they will roll out LTE in U.S.

Too bad my phone doesn't support 4G LTE but there are ways to hack it to work in hspa + network. At&t disabled it, ugh.

I installed a beta of Ice Cream Sandwich on my phone and noticed the new data monitor feature. I like it a lot, will help in determining usage without having to log into carrier website a month later.

It tracks data streamed thru both gsm and wifi, pretty neat.

I have a 500MB monthly limit on my Android phone (HTC Desire). If I go over, I have to pay extra. Also I don't have a wi-fi so this limit has to stretch to cover every single download. I'm careful about how much I download (no video streaming) so I manage to stay below the 500MB limit nearly every month. Except for this month. One of my book reading apps upgraded (not Kindle, but similar), but it went wrong. I had to download all the associated books three times and it took about 300MB. I've gone way over my limit. Ouch! It's gonna be an expensive mobile phone bill...

Back