Curious....

You know..........maybe the reason your audi's reccomending the implant, instead of experimenting with HAs, is b/c recruitment might be really common in progressive losses. Anyone know?

I talked to my mom about it on the phone. She thinks the reason that my audi is pushing for the implant is because she knows that I can't stand not hearing out of both ears. The logic being that I will not be able to wear a hearing aid on that side and I already know what things sound like it will be easier for mapping and getting it to work. My audi wouldn't of suggested it unless she knew it was right for me. I am lucky to have such a great audi.

Got an appointment on the 25th of October to find out for sure what is going on. I talked to my ENT about the ringing on my right ear and she said that since it's not getting better the chances of my hearing loss being permanent is a lot higher. So it definately looks like I might end up going through the certification process and getting the CI.

Here's my pro and con list.

Pros:

*Hear lot better than the hearing aids.
*Can hear almost anything depends on the individuals.

Cons:

*I can never learn how to talk or understand the sounds what people are talking or understand exactly what sounds is.
*The metal on my skull.
*Headaches and watery eyes.

That's all I can say for now.

Oh one more thing, my surgery is just one inche right behind my ear so I don't have anything that shave my hairs off. Also my scar behind my ear was glued so I don't have the bandage.

It's just depends on the state where you went. Mine was in Washington.

Oh definitly, it's important to be able to hear out of both ears. I always think that I can hear so much with ONE aid, but with TWO aids, its amazing.
Well, one good thing about the tintitus is that, that combined with the fact that your worse ear is unaidable, it might be a little easier for you to get it approved by insurance.

I had watched cochlear implant surgery on video... it had small incision and dr only shave small spot on side of head near ear.... you can cover it afterward if your hair is long...

Yep that true,, I do cover my hair over it and no one can see it. :fingersx:

Back