Crisis at Gallaudet University

What a load of BS. "On paper", that right there justifies my argument on that point. Thanks. I know exactly what I'm talking about and what side I'm on.

What a load of BS. "On paper", that right there justifies my argument on that point. Thanks. I know exactly what I'm talking about and what side I'm on.

If "on paper" is good enough for you then there's no use trying.

Yeah, he's simply not knowing the true sides of the protest and just don't know what he's talking about so far, appearently.

:thumb:

Just because he is not on your side doesnt mean he doesnt know what he is talking about.

We are all entititled to our own opinions - I am tired of seeing anti-Jane & Jordan folks putting down pro-Jane & Jordan folks down by claiming silly nonsense.

If you want to convince, use FACTS and PROOF. It works way better than throwing around silly nonsense. Dont you think so? But then again, Im sure you will resort to using grade school level argument back on me.

Use mind, not emotions. Too many protestors are following their hearts not minds when it comes to this issue.

If "on paper" is good enough for you then there's no use trying.

Is that a convincing way to explain to him or her?

If you protestors really want us to understand why you are against Jane, simply provide facts.

Why stop with "No use trying" ....is that how you want your voice to be heard across the world?

No wonder newspapers are very confused about what exactly the protestors want..it is all gamut with emotions, not consistent facts.

Use mind, not emotions. Too many protestors are following their hearts not minds when it comes to this issue.

Exactly !

To accomplish goals is to use mind instead of emotions.
However, It is okay to use little emotions as long as you use
your mind much more than emotions itself.

Top 10 Reasons Dr. Jane K. Ferandes

1. Ineffectives leadership>>>>>>>>

Show proof?

>>>

2. Even thought good experience on paperwork, no people skills or leadership

>>>>

Show proof?
>>>>

3. Poor track record and no credibility as a leader
>>>>
again proof? if you're talking about teachers voting no confidence that means nothing when the fact that she managed to change tenure enough to get rid of teachers more easily when they are failing their students. (and in alot of cases those failing the students most are very popular with the students....in both deaf and non deaf schools) but accountablity actually means they have to do thier job so they complain and cry foul.
>>>>
4. Dr. Ferandes is incompetent. She can't run Gallaudet. She can't listen. I never once heard her admit, she is wrong.>>>>

?
>>>>>

5. Her administration will be crippled.
>>>>
perhaps thanks to people like you

>>>>.

6. She could not prevent this situation from exacerbating.

>>>>

of course not espeically when staff are afraid she might actually get rid of tenure and they'd have to actually be accountable for their jobs. and they can easily bring students and past students in to defend them (I admit bias against tenure, it's a very poor policy)
>>>.

7. The same person who fractured the university can't be the one to heal it.

>>>>
the fracturing is occuring because people are scared she might change things plus if the mocking I've seen/read towards her is common because she has different communication skills.
>>>>>>
8. She has no people skills and is cold.

>>>>>>

How would you know? Students and teachers do no run schools. if they did no one would ever have to do homework or take tests. ASL is not her first language so of course to you she'd seem cold.

>>>>>>..

9. Jane was pushed thru by Dr. King Jordan to provost and was the beneficiary of King's influence on Bo T.

>>>>>>

well it helps to have a mentor but the board of trustees job is to hire the most competant administartor and the final decision lies with them. she evidently met the requirements that they had.

>>
10. Stop the damage.

Over the past day or two, people have also been saying that the protest is past the point of no return --either after the HMB incidents or after the arrests. Simply because of that, they feel, Jane Ferandes should step down from Gallaudet University.

Even if you do get her to resign are you sure you'll ever get those new deaf leaders who are being raised by their families to come to this school? You are showing now that you object and will mock ASL skills of any deaf person who wants a role of leadership in the deaf community.

I hope when it's all said and done and if you do get what you want that you enjoy the continued isolation in the world.

BTW, what exactly is the percentage of employment of graduates of Gallaudet U vs. RIT (hope that's right)? which one actually have young people who actually go out and get a job? vs. being professional students?

Just because he is not on your side doesnt mean he doesnt know what he is talking about.

We are all entititled to our own opinions - I am tired of seeing anti-Jane & Jordan folks putting down pro-Jane & Jordan folks down by claiming silly nonsense.

I agree that not every one entitled to decide the same.

I actually said that because the way he said in his past posts before about the protest without clear points why he said.

If you want to convince, use FACTS and PROOF. It works way better than throwing around silly nonsense. Dont you think so? But then again, Im sure you will resort to using grade school level argument back on me.

Me using my emotions over my mind? Nope! Tell me where did you get this notion that I used emotions over my mind regarding to the protest issues here in the forum?

Oh, you don't know me personally. I'm known for not using my emotions over my mind very often. Yes, you're right to think before the emotion, however.

By the way I did my duty reading the blogs, letters, emails from Gally friends, and several other protest sources to set my decision before I decided to support the protest so I really used my mind to decide firsthand. So I did gather the facts. But did you?

At last, you used a personal statement insulting me saying that you were sure that I resort the grade school level back on you. I didn't insult you before and even I don't know you personally either, but you started it emotionally therefore you used your emotions here. It's rude and personal = emotion.

Respect anyone even no matter if you think you're smarter or dumber or say better or worse than anyone. We all should.

There are so many sources online and offline available that provided proofs and facts as why Jane absolutely cannot be a leader especially being a president of an university.

The more you gather, you will likely agree more as why the protest started and still stands. It makes so much sense than even the DPN protest itself did.

Is that a convincing way to explain to him or her?

If you protestors really want us to understand why you are against Jane, simply provide facts.

Why stop with "No use trying" ....is that how you want your voice to be heard across the world?

No wonder newspapers are very confused about what exactly the protestors want..it is all gamut with emotions, not consistent facts.

First of all, Token doesn't want convincing. Why bother?

Second, The facts are all over the internet. Browse through Deafread.com to get info from both sides. Some of it is pure emotion, but there are some very well written gems on there too.

Third, I'm not entirely against JKF, but I am against things that are not true.

I more read about President Jordan's and JKF's attitude toward the protesters, I support them even more! :pissed:

"We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel

I love this song! I feel the chorus of that song makes the point that the protesters 'didn't start the fire' at Gallaudet. If you want, I can post the words of the chorus.

First of all, Token doesn't want convincing. Why bother?

Second, The facts are all over the internet. Browse through Deafread.com to get info from both sides. Some of it is pure emotion, but there are some very well written gems on there too.

Third, I'm not entirely against JKF, but I am against things that are not true.

Try this one...The last sentence says it best. All that's going on is the mob is giving the University a bad name. Depending on where you look you're bound to get biased opinions, If you guys want to know how it's really progressing, look at other sources. It's a no win situation for the mob. Stop embarassing the U.
-Gally Graduate. '94

Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/22/2006 | One Last Thing | The decline of revolution

There are so many sources online and offline available that provided proofs and facts as why Jane absolutely cannot be a leader especially being a president of an university.

The more you gather, you will likely agree more as why the protest started and still stands. It makes so much sense than even the DPN protest itself did.

Yeah Ridor Ricky Taylor is a GOSSIPER....

And all of this nonsense protesting started from a LIE!!!!!!!!!

From ridorlive.com

-----

White Terrell Owens Says:
October 24th, 2006 at 11:25 pm

Just drop a joke here for a night:

Top 10 Worst Leaders in Deaf community in U.S.

1) Irving King Jordan, Gallaudet President fooled Edward Miner Gallaudet.

2) Elmer Dillinghan, Audist. FSDB access RidorLive.com yet?

3) Mercy Coogan, Will the universe creator forgive her for being a liar?

4) Brenda Jo Brueggemann, Where are you, inept BoT chair??

5) Sheri Farinha-Mutti, Indtimidator.

6) Richard Roehm, AGB worshipper owned non-existing organization.

7) David King, Powder Keg Igniter

8) Paul Kelly, 4 million dollars .

9) Ken Levinson,. Stupidest, Dumbest, and Arrogant board member in the WORLD!

10) Jane K Fernandes, Okay we don’t forget you. Please resign.

------------------------------------------

How do I translate this?

Maybe I'm 6th most feared audist?

or 6th most famous deaf leader?

or 6th most hated by the ASL militants?

or 6th most cherished deaf leader for the future of deaf society!

This could bring in more donations to our deaf center!

Richard Roehm

I'm gonna email all of them... and tell them what Ridor said and
maybe they will keep Jane in.

Back