Crisis at Gallaudet University

Here's a summary of the protest that makes very good sense to me.

There more to the protest than it appears. This is more complex than I had thought.

Self determination is key here.

Here's a summary of the protest that makes very good sense to me.

There more to the protest than it appears. This is more complex than I had thought.

Self determination is key here.

Yea, it does good reason to protest.

Just received word if protesters are still on campus at 4 pm tomorrow they will be arrested.

Thats a good thing to happen to the old deaf guards on Friday the 13th!

Richard

HA HA!!! NAH NAH NAH:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

This protest mean NOTHING, Jane is your President, now deal with it!!!!:giggle: :deal:

Abt 15,000 alumni will go to Gallaudet, no... Theres have Tent City/Rally all over US (Indy, Minn, LA, SF, and more), so could be total 15,000 while Gallaudet will have Homecoming game on next week, so we will probablyhave large numbers of alumni to come here for HC same time protest

Now abt cafeteria, the cafeteria are reopened now due to many students have disabilites plus MSSD students are still around, therefore protesters cant force cafeteria to closed... Now protesters will only allowed people to enter the campus are SHS (infirmatry staff), cafeteria staff, SRA (staff resident asisstant), DPS (campus sercurity), Faculty (who is support Jane to resign only), GIS (interpreter staff, but protesters wont let chairperson of GIS to enter the campus), Gallaudet Athletic Staff (they need to meeting for reschedules many sports events), and more I forget whos else they can allowed to enter the campus...

DC Police did stop by Gallaudet to watch all students to make sure they are on peaceful protest, not too violence or brawl, result only one arrested...

So far I have read a good amount in vary of sources. What is my opinion all of that protest?

Well, I realized more and more that I do support the protest mainly due to Jane's disability to listen to the Gallaudet community and the rest outside aka the alumnis. That should consider many including me.

Remember, first of all that the prez tenture usually runs for many years to come so one has to make a careful and right decision which to pick to lead.

Just ask yourself seriously on this one...

Would you want a leader who doesn't listen to the members such of an organisation to be chosen as a prez?

Nope, I wouldn't and should you and many agree the same!

That is not a good sign on her part and even she still stood pretty much against a larger numbers who oppose her as next prez. Zinser understood why they wanted in the DNP '88 and resigned with peace. It was a wise choice of a true leader who currently leads at UK (Ky). Although that DNP protest was quite different in reasons, you know. She was great at financial issues to recover and some abilities from what I learned in the past by the way.

As you should know better that great leaders are great listeners and solution-makers. Jane isn't much like that, mind you whoever supports her.

Many has voted no-confidence in Jane as the new Gally prez - why? Because they knew who she was and how she ran as a provost.

I don't give a damn as if she is deaf or hoh, really... yep, I think it's quite silly reason to add up along.

It really was her leadership that lacked. Many disliked her as a provost for 7 or 8 years that should speak itself, obviously.

But I agree somewhat that the protest rather exceeded its necessaries like closing the school building (HMB) and the cafeteria. I think both should go on while keep voicing as a whole to force Jane to resign. It even will work without locking the campus like that.

Parents are really worrying about their kids not receiving their education and food especially. I can understand that and hope they realize to undo them but just keep voicing in a peace way which I rather support that.

At last, I really think Ron (current NMSD sup't) would be a great prez for the Gallaudet University so I hope he will be placed in for Jane. I was surprised that the BoT chose JFK instead. Probably it was due to Jordan's power vote in the Bot that enforced his favor on Jane that caused all this.

I only wonder how long Bot and Jane can stand off with all this mess on the campus. I'm sure that they will give up if protest continue and continue on which will become way too much for both to stand up. Jordan will leave the office in 2 months that leave JFK "pretty much alone" in the fight.

Nesmuth, I did not understand everything that was being signed! Please tell me that the person was signing so I can understand. :ty:
He is not making any point. We couldnt understand what the heck he talk abt.

Now 29th students made arrested, check out y3 for live updated!!

We have not heard anything about this Gallaudet Alumni annoucement ?? :dunno:

I am a Gallaudet alumni and I have been contacted to come to Gallaudet and join or support the protests. Several of my friends who are alumni have been contacted also too.

Some will go. I am unable to cuz of family responsibilities that needs to be taken care of.

Right now it is 10:48 PM here in MD...I cant wait until the 11 o'clock news come on. Wow...

Thanks for the info on the updates!

Back