Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

Yeah, just like getting demerits...only worse.

oh boy.... why are you so clueless?

he can be charged with another one... but he didn't.
OJ told her that he would break her neck by his hands. How would he do that while he's in jail? If he orders a hit on her, that's a different story.

When he gets out of jail, makes a death threat to her again and she reports it to police, he will be arrested definitely.

OJ told her that he would break her neck by his hands. How would he do that while he's in jail? If he orders a hit on her, that's a different story.
um... once he gets out of jail?

When he gets out of jail, makes a death threat to her again and she reports it to police, he will be arrested definitely.
nope.

like I said... he's not doing a good job staying hidden.

incorrect.

what I mean to tell you is that most death threats are empty threats... therefore not illegal.

if it's illegal - then probably over 10,000 people would go to jail just for saying it. stupid.

incorrect.

saying "bomb" in a plane is a crime.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to President of United States is not a crime but can be detained by FBI/Secret Service/bunch of 3-letters agencies depending on situation.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to a person is not a crime but can be detained by police depending on situation.

to make a death threat a crime would be a violation of First Amendment.

836.10 Written threats to kill or do bodily injury; punishment.— Any person who writes or composes and also sends or procures the sending of any letter, inscribed communication, or electronic communication, whether such letter or communication be signed or anonymous, to any person, containing a threat to kill or to do bodily injury to the person to whom such letter or communication is sent, or a threat to kill or do bodily injury to any member of the family of the person to whom such letter or communication is sent commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
History.—s. 1, ch. 6503, 1913; RGS 5094; CGL 7196; s. 995, ch. 71-136; s. 1, ch. 2010-51.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

let's see... how many were charged and jailed for it?

anal sex is a crime too but that doesn't mean you'll go to jail for it :lol:

Homosexuality is crime but nobody got charged and jailed. *sarcasm*

Yet....it is a crime. You said it wasn't.

Indeed. Commiting a felony means commiting a crime which means doing something that's a no-no whether a person gets caught or not by the police. Getting caught leads to getting arrested and then charged with a crime. Yeah. Pretty straight-forward. Strange how people think that issuing death threats isn't a crime. Hoo boy.

Yet....it is a crime. You said it wasn't.

Indeed. Commiting a felony means commiting a crime which means doing something that's a no-no whether a person gets caught or not by the police. Getting caught leads to getting arrested and then charged with a crime. Yeah. Pretty straight-forward. Strange how people think that issuing death threats isn't a crime. Hoo boy.
plus - I didn't exactly say it isn't a crime.... which was why I elaborated a bit more on it.

what I mean to tell you is that most death threats are empty threats... therefore not illegal.

if it's illegal - then probably over 10,000 people would go to jail just for saying it. stupid.

incorrect.

saying "bomb" in a plane is a crime.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to President of United States is not a crime but can be detained by FBI/Secret Service/bunch of 3-letters agencies depending on situation.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to a person is not a crime but can be detained by police depending on situation.

to make a death threat a crime would be a violation of First Amendment.

everybody knows it's illegal to make a death threat against the President (but in most cases - nobody goes to jail because it's not illegal just to utter an angry comment) however he went too far.

there's a difference between "credible" death threat and "non-issue" death threat otherwise..... how is America any different from British Empire where it's punishable by death or torture to threaten a King? precisely what the First Amendment is all about.

Texas police officer to be questioned over George Zimmerman stop | Fox News

I wondered how a picture was taken of his vehicle made it out to the internet. Surely this off duty cop knew and recognized the name GZ over the radio. What he did further endangered GZ by identifying the type of vehicle he drives. Sounds like the off duty cop may6 get disciplined.
:laugh2: at this video. I guess the cop didn't recognize him because GZ could have worn a baseball cap and sunglasses while driving.

Alot of people would do anything for money.

Back