Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

High strung people out there. Such a shame.

Right now, he has to hide for a while. In 2-3 years, people will not care about him anymore and MOVE ON but I don't know about black people. Will they still be obsessed with him or move on?

like I said... he's not doing a good job staying hidden.

BTW, I hope FBI will get them who made death threats which is a crime.
incorrect.

Maybe it's happening right now. GZ's father is a retired judge. He will make sure that LEO will do their job to catch them.

good luck especially since most death threats are outside their jurisdiction :lol:

LEO. who else?

or do you mean to tell me that Zimmerman's father has influence outside Florida include federal agencies? that would be extremely unlikely. I believe he's cut off since now everybody knows he "fixed" Zimmerman's criminal history which includes 2 felony arrests.

LEO. who else?

or do you mean to tell me that Zimmerman's father has influence outside Florida include federal agencies?
Do you mean to tell me that FBI backs off? A death threat is a crime.

Do you mean to tell me that FBI backs off? A death threat is a crime.

FBI will not going waste their time for useless threat that they are unlikely to find someone in remote area.

Do you mean to tell me that FBI backs off?
what I mean to tell you is that most death threats are empty threats... therefore not illegal.

if it's illegal - then probably over 10,000 people would go to jail just for saying it. stupid.

A death threat is a crime.
incorrect.

saying "bomb" in a plane is a crime.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to President of United States is not a crime but can be detained by FBI/Secret Service/bunch of 3-letters agencies depending on situation.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to a person is not a crime but can be detained by police depending on situation.

to make a death threat a crime would be a violation of First Amendment.

Fingerprints, DNA, IP addresses, etc. They can do it.

yes they can do it and they will not because it's not a crime.

but if it is.... why isn't OJ Simpson in jail for making a death threat against his daughter?

Fingerprints, DNA, IP addresses, etc. They can do it.

If threat letter is delivered from mail with no return address, so IP address is moot because it wasn't from internet.

Fingerprint and DNA will not help if anyone haven't commit crime. If someone wear glove to touch the paper and envelope so fingerprint is useless.

FBI receives numerous cases so they only focus if they could find someone and have enough evidence, so they aren't going waste their time if they couldn't find someone. I believe FBI has priorities - they take hacker against government seriously more than someone who write a threat letter.

what I mean to tell you is that most death threats are empty threats... therefore not illegal.

if it's illegal - then probably over 10,000 people would go to jail just for saying it. stupid.

incorrect.

saying "bomb" in a plane is a crime.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to President of United States is not a crime but can be detained by FBI/Secret Service/bunch of 3-letters agencies depending on situation.
saying "I'm gonna kill you" to a person is not a crime but can be detained by police depending on situation.

to make a death threat a crime would be a violation of First Amendment.
It's common that a death threat comes true. For example, a woman told police that her husband made a death threat to her but police let him go and next few days she got killed by her husband.

It's possible that people who made threats to GZ and others decide to kill different people instead to show that they mean business.

It's common that a death threat comes true. For example, a woman told police that her husband made a death threat to her but police let him go and next few days she got killed by her husband.

It's possible that people who made threats to GZ and others decide to kill different people instead to show that they mean business.

don't worry about Zimmerman. he has guns and he will gun down people if he felt threatened

yes they can do it and they will not because it's not a crime.

but if it is.... why isn't OJ Simpson in jail for making a death threat against his daughter?
He made the threat by a phone call while he's already in jail.

that's not what I asked.

he was in jail for other crime.... not death threat.

Your quote:
why isn't OJ Simpson in jail for making a death threat against his daughter?

It doesn't make sense to arrest OJ who is already in jail.

Your quote:

oh boy.... why are you so clueless?

he can be charged with another one... but he didn't.

Your quote:

Convicts get charged all the time while imprisoned.

Back