Connecticut school massacre

I think his body is in the school and they found someone else's body in his home.

Ah.. Thank for clear up. I guess, the shooter is on running...

Every schools should have policeman with handgun to observe in the hall. Most school shooting occur from entering the hall. Maybe all schools should be locked during the operating hours like 9am to 3pm, so no one have the full access to school so all children would feel safe to study and knowing that no one have access to this building. Rest in peace to those innocent students, and several staff.

The school did have the doors locked and all visitors had to a ring bell to get and show an ID , The shooter's mother was a teacher so that was how he got in the school so easy.

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived

November 2, 1853: Louisville, Kentucky A student, Matthew Ward, bought a self-cocking pistol in the morning, went to school and killed Schoolmaster Mr. Butler for excessively punishing his brother the day before. Even though he shot the Schoolmaster point blank in front of his classmates, he was acquitted

School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

26 innocents people where killed and the shooter made the total # 27. There is no words on how the shooter dies yet , if he shot himself or if the cops killed him. Something had to be done with the gun law , it is too damn easy for anyone to get guns . The shooter had 3 guns and 100 shots where fired!

The school did have the doors locked and all visitors had to a ring bell to get and show an ID , The shooter's mother was a teacher so that was how he got in the school so easy.

Not all schools have same security measurement.

All the kids were in kindergarden so 5-6 years old. Makes me sick!!! I am so sad for the families of all of those who died. Also the survivors will never be the same. How do you send your kids back to school after something so horrific like this? I have been sitting here crying all morning. God bless the families and the community in Connecticut my prayers are with all of you.

Elementary school massacre: 27 killed, including 20 kids, at Connecticut school - U.S. News

A teacher's son clad in black and carrying two guns rampaged through a Connecticut elementary school Friday, killing 20 small children and six adults, including his mother, in the nation’s second-worst school shooting, law enforcement officials said.

The gunman, identified as Adam Lanza, 20, was also found dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, law enforcement officials said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the hilltop school,and it's inside her classroom where most of the casualties were found, according to NBCNewYork.com.

I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to think about it, it's too horrifying.

It was his brother.

It was his mother, the shooter had his brother ID and this cause confusing as to who he was. The guns belong to the mother , she had 3 guns in her house knowing her son had a mental illness. The shooter killed his mother then when to the school and killed 26 more people. This whole thing is just too horrible to understand.

26 innocents people where killed and the shooter made the total # 27. There is no words on how the shooter dies yet , if he shot himself or if the cops killed him. Something had to be done with the gun law , it is too damn easy for anyone to get guns . The shooter had 3 guns and 100 shots where fired!

he shot himself

Wirelessly posted

This is too terrible to comprehend such innocent children to part of this massacre. My heart goes out to the families.

I was just gonna say, cue up the gun control people. It is crimes like these that polarize that issue, because the gun owner types will insist that if enough people had guns, they could have stopped this.

There is no accounting for this kind of sheer insanity. He could have made a bomb, I guess. He could have poisoned them. It will be a sad holiday season. Lots of toys returned...

I was just gonna say, cue up the gun control people. It is crimes like these that polarize that issue, because the gun owner types will insist that if enough people had guns, they could have stopped this.

There is no accounting for this kind of sheer insanity. He could have made a bomb, I guess. He could have poisoned them. It will be a sad holiday season. Lots of toys returned...

I don't think that political influence should take child's life. :(

I was just gonna say, cue up the gun control people. It is crimes like these that polarize that issue, because the gun owner types will insist that if enough people had guns, they could have stopped this. ...

If we have 88 guns for every 100 Americans, how many more guns would we need to have a safe country?

Anti-tank rifles and landmines cannot be sold. Why assault rifles?

I guess I have 2 hands so 2 semi-automatic handguns each firing 17 rounds in 10 seconds, or so. Or, 30 rounds . . .

If we have 88 guns for every 100 Americans, how many more guns would we need to have a safe country?

Anti-tank rifles and landmines cannot be sold. Why assault rifles?

I guess I have 2 hands so 2 semi-automatic handguns each firing 17 rounds in 10 seconds, or so. Or, 30 rounds . . .
Who says I disagree?

The problem lies with those 88 guns per 100 Americans, because lots of Americans don't have guns, and some others have dozens. The numbers don't tell the whole story. If you are telling me we need to ban all guns except hunting rifles, I don't agree. There are people that live in rural areas that have to rely on themselves for protection, as law enforcement might be an hour away.

Anyhow, I am not gonna turn this thread into a debate on gun control.

My guess is that our national trauma over mass murders will always evolve into a polite, decline to discuss.

Some will say that rural dwellers need guns because they are at a distance from law enforcement, etc. Some will say that urban dwellers need guns because they are in high crime areas. It would seem that everyone needs guns.

I am suggesting that we have guns spilling out of our homes. "1.7 million firearms were stolen from homes and elsewhere over the period between January 1993 and August 2002."

US Department of Justice (link)

It would seem that law-abiding US citizens are having a good deal of trouble keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

Back