Confession Time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that the Pastor of the church hubby and MIL are going to still has no clue about how to treat a deaf person. I went there this morning since our deaf church was not having service. He ridiculed and made fun of me in a snide way all through service. Personally, I don't think I will ever attend service again there. At least I got to see a lot of friends and get them all caught up on what's been going on. Pastor was just a major prick. (sorry guys!)

I have this posted in the What did you learn today thread.

I'm sorry to hear about this. That was not right.

I learned that the Pastor of the church hubby and MIL are going to still has no clue about how to treat a deaf person. I went there this morning since our deaf church was not having service. He ridiculed and made fun of me in a snide way all through service. Personally, I don't think I will ever attend service again there. At least I got to see a lot of friends and get them all caught up on what's been going on. Pastor was just a major prick. (sorry guys!)

is there some online website where you can give ratings on pastors? this is so wrong. what kinds of things did he say to you?

is there some online website where you can give ratings on pastors? this is so wrong. what kinds of things did he say to you?

Basically, he played like he was signing all through his sermon. He would over enunciate words to make sure I could read his lips, but in a very rude way. Basically, take Mickey Mouse and do a super-slo-mo and that's the way he was. He also told me that he expects me to learn all I can so I can come back and sign out his sermons next year. I know that A) I will never know enough ASL for that and B) he needs a certified interpreter for that and I will never be one. I can't even read his lips anymore. Too much fat around them.

Basically, he played like he was signing all through his sermon. He would over enunciate words to make sure I could read his lips, but in a very rude way. Basically, take Mickey Mouse and do a super-slo-mo and that's the way he was. He also told me that he expects me to learn all I can so I can come back and sign out his sermons next year. I know that A) I will never know enough ASL for that and B) he needs a certified interpreter for that and I will never be one. I can't even read his lips anymore. Too much fat around them.

Oh wow! you mean he faked sign? Oh god. I hate it when people deliberately over-enunciate not because they want you to understand them better but to show off to others how "sensitive" they are to "handicapped" people. It's really self-ingratiatingly obnoxious.

:shock:...Let me at that Pastor....I'd take that offering plate and stick it up his arse....Seems he wants to get his congregation's "adoration".....(at ur expense!)....

I think you should posts his church info so we can all write out nasty letters to him and his congregation. If you lived close to me I'd honestly go and meet him and talk. Which I promise I wouldn't do much talking. I'd probably just wait tell he sit down to punch him in his face. Hahaha... I am way to aggressive. lol

Well - quite frankly, this Pastor doesn't know what's it like to be very Christian most of the time anymore.

If this is so, I would think the entire congregation is on to him now.....

I confess that I spent more time on AD than I should have today and as a consequence am behind in the reading I need to do for an out of state academic meeting this week and next week.:P Oh, well, catching up are what plane rides and layovers are for, right?

No wonder you wanted to hurt him. I wouldn't go back either if that's how he is about deaf needing signed services. This is not a very Christan thing to do.

If this is so, I would think the entire congregation is on to him now.....

Actually, they are, and have been trying to get him removed for a few years. Nothing seems to work. Hubby called a friend whose mother works in the home office in Cleveland, TN and they will see what can be done. This Pastor has too many friends in too many places and so it has to be done "through the back door" so to speak. It is with a Church of God.

No wonder you wanted to hurt him. I wouldn't go back either if that's how he is about deaf needing signed services. This is not a very Christan thing to do.

I won't be going back except to take MIL for her 2 meetings a month. Hubby will be taking her to church. If my church is not meeting for any reason, I will stay home and read my bible.

I confess I just delete Facebook and not feel sad it's gone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back