Confession Time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me what to do. :giggle: My family doesnt want me to make new friends here b.c they want me to live my life the way they want my life to be. They pretend Im not deaf. Makes me so sad. :(

what kind of life do they have in mind for you?

Wirelessly posted

I confess that I'm not perfect. Don't think anyone is at all. I just wish some people would look through that imperfection and still accept them for who they are and still be there for them instead of just walking away and claiming to everyone that they no longer "care for" me.

that doesn't sound like a "perfection" issue. more like one is being stubborn and very set in one's way that isn't conducive or productive to oneself.

Or he can hack the monitoring software. :evil:

I did this once when I was younger. It made my parents mad as heck, but then they realized, they couldn't stop me.

good one :giggle:

They're very nosey b/c they're very controllin'. My older sibling wants to know why they're like that.

No,no,no. I have my own laptop and I use it only in my bedroom. My parents and my younger sibling can see everything what I do. They have their own computer. They'll know if I change my user name.

Tell me what to do. :giggle: My family doesnt want me to make new friends here b.c they want me to live my life the way they want my life to be. They pretend Im not deaf. Makes me so sad. :(

how do they know? keyloggers? thats illegal!...

you are deaf, you have a Right to find deaf freinds, here or in real life.

try change your username, see if they really notice, bet they wouldmt they are probably fibbing you.

go ahead, and also try install Linux as dual-boot on YOUR lap without their knowledge ,lol...then you can still go on AD's website afterall internet isn't platform-dependent :giggle:

whats more youd find linux easy to use and less viruses. ...want to play games on the windows sure, just boot up on that in the option in the dual-boot...
just an idea..

my family cant handle that im Deaf, except one sister who is trying to learn NZSL which is great...all the rest are lazy...its not my problem, its theirs and i actually understand that, -- that bit about 'its their issue, they have a deeo problem in understanding that im Really Deaf , always had been and they should understand im just sick of playing 'catch up' done that all my childhood, not on!...but they seem to think ' but. if you're Deaf, we dont know you, we only understand they 'you' as in were the growing up talking version' it seems that way...
so i kind of (think i know what you're saying) understand your family's unfounded fear based on ignorance...not sure what the best thing to do...but say maybe...move out when you're able to...and move in with one fo the Deaf community's member but be warned you'd have to do More adjustment but it will be worth it...

I went to PChell.com and put in the exact program and I ended up having to remove one single file from the root directory. Didn't harm the computer at all, and they couldn't figure out how I got around it. I was also smart enough to clear the browsing cache on IE and Netscape (this was waaaaay before Mozilla Firefox was ever around).

If it's on your laptop and you use it only in your bedroom, how can they tell where you've been from their computers? I strongly suggest you put a password on your laptop once you've hacked the monitoring software, maybe even invest in a laptop lock to where they can't even open the laptop without a key or without damaging the laptop.

If a desktop computer is used as the main computer - I am sure the monitoring software is also installed on that computer so you may have to figure out how to get into Admin mode and uninstall it.

Grummer is right about Linux though.

And if all else fails, use a public computer at school or a public library far away from your parents.

my confession... i'm still scared that there is something under my bed... in the dark i run and jump onto it... I know its irrational... but the old fear never left me.

I had that fear for entirely TOO many years after watching Friday the 13th movies at the summer camps. Even into my adulthood. So I think I understand!

When I was a preteen I was pissed at my Dad for being abusive. I washed the his toilet seat in bleach.

He's VERY allergic to bleach. He didn't sit or walk right for two weeks because of the ring of rashes on his ass.

I still miss Flopsie, my cherished teddy bear even though I'm like over
30. Weird, I know. Lol

When I was a preteen I was pissed at my Dad for being abusive. I washed the his toilet seat in bleach.

He's VERY allergic to bleach. He didn't sit or walk right for two weeks because of the ring of rashes on his ass.

:shock: mental note: never piss off deafbajagal...

I hold on to things that hurt me. My late daughter's socks. A rejection letter. A rose that I got on Valentine's Day that was given to me in anger and with disgust. My wedding ring from the broken marriage. All to remind me I'm not worthy to others. Weird...and in time I hope to let those things go.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

deafbajagal said:
I hold on to things that hurt me. My late daughter's socks. A rejection letter. A rose that I got on Valentine's Day that was given to me in anger and with disgust. My wedding ring from the broken marriage. All to remind me I'm not worthy to others. Weird...and in time I hope to let those things go.

Ur a libra right? Libras have that weakness. I have that too.

I don't hold on to the physical items, but I do hold on to the feelings.

After my divorce, on our wedding anniversary, I burned our cake top in a bonfire in the yard.

On the one-year anniversary of our divorce - I pawned off my wedding band.

Confession. I'm at work, playing on Facebook and AD while in a meeting.

This meeting is pointless, stupid, and a waste of time. Oh, did I mention it was mandatory and that I'm NOT getting paid for it.

Fucked up. So I'm here on AD! BRB...got to pretend I'm typing notes. *pretends to look serious and interested in the lecture*

Confession. I'm at work, playing on Facebook and AD while in a meeting.

This meeting is pointless, stupid, and a waste of time. Oh, did I mention it was mandatory and that I'm NOT getting paid for it.

Fucked up. So I'm here on AD! BRB...got to pretend I'm typing notes. *pretends to look serious and interested in the lecture*

How can it be mandatory and you not be paid for it?

How can it be mandatory and you not be paid for it?

I assume it's like a required training. you are required to have the training, but your work is not really providing it, just making it available to you to take. it happens more often than it should. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back