Confess!!!

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
Confess!! - SO TRUE or NOT?

chickenscreen.jpg

**pix of chicken at work, staring at computer screen - "5:00PM!! PHew!! I'm sick of staring at this screen!"
2. Chicken smiling, driving home
3. Chicken exclaimed - HOME AT LAST!!
4. Chicken's at his computer, probably AD'ing

:laugh2: Me thinks it to be true. How else to explain some of the monstrous post counts around here?

I have to confess that it is true. I addition, I always have a lap top with me, because so much of my communication professionally and personally is done electronically. Guess I'm addicted.:giggle:

I have to confess that it is true. I addition, I always have a lap top with me, because so much of my communication professionally and personally is done electronically. Guess I'm addicted.:giggle:

what kind of laptop is it? and how big is the screen?

You know, in my last post when i mentioned monstrous post counts...i had you in mind. :shock:

what kind of laptop is it? and how big is the screen?

It's a Dell Inspiron 1420, and the screen is a 15". I've been looking at the minis, but they won't run Vista, so I was waiting for the second gen to come out. It did, and they still are only running XP. So I haven't invested in one yet.

It's a Dell Inspiron 1420, and the screen is a 15". I've been looking at the minis, but they won't run Vista, so I was waiting for the second gen to come out. It did, and they still are only running XP. So I haven't invested in one yet.

I think Vista is being discontinued.

not yet. Windows 7 is still in making.

Oh...I haven't heard that. Personally, I made the switch from XP to Vista about 2 years ago, and I love it.
you do? :mad2: I HATE VISTA! It's too klunky for me. XP/Windows Server is simply the best for me - functional & simple.

not yet. Windows 7 is still in making.

you do? :mad2: I HATE VISTA! It's too klunky for me. XP/Windows Server is simply the best for me - functional & simple.

Yeah, I really do. I din't like it at first because I was so accustomed to XP. But after a couple of months, I really liked it. It is much more predictive than XP. But maybe it depends on the type of work one does on the computer. I can see that for some functions, XP might still be preferable. But for my needs, Vista is great.

That's a pretty bad rumor/gossip.

Microsoft can't do that yet. Vista is barely out. Doing so would cause a huge loss for them this early at this point in time. Vista will eventually discontinue, but I can't see it doing it before it reaches a 5-10 year mark.

Maybe you're mistaking the shift from Vista to 7, but mistook it as that Vista was getting cut.

To each their own, but for me when I used Vista, being an IBM guy since 1990 - I cannot get used to it. the security protocols and settings are tiresome.
I'll rather wait for 7 to come out instead.

Monitor is everywhere we stare: television, mobile phone, computer, theatre, video game...

Microsoft can't do that yet. Vista is barely out. Doing so would cause a huge loss for them this early at this point in time. Vista will eventually discontinue, but I can't see it doing it before it reaches a 5-10 year mark.

Maybe you're mistaking the shift from Vista to 7, but mistook it as that Vista was getting cut.

To each their own, but for me when I used Vista, being an IBM guy since 1990 - I cannot get used to it. the security protocols and settings are tiresome.

The security settings and protocols are actually an advantage for me, given some of the work that passes through my computer. Of course, when 7 comes out, I may update, depending on what I see from the program. For now, though, I just prefer Vista to XP.

Yes to bolded. A friend told me Vista is not going on lots of new sales also.

The security settings and protocols are actually an advantage for me, given some of the work that passes through my computer. Of course, when 7 comes out, I may update, depending on what I see from the program. For now, though, I just prefer Vista to XP.

get a mac then! :laugh2:

get a mac then! :laugh2:

Dude, I don't know. I realize that Mac users are almost rabid about their love for their Mac, but I've tried, and I just don't like it. It is just so different from everything I am used to.:giggle:

Dude, I don't know. I realize that Mac users are almost rabid about their love for their Mac, but I've tried, and I just don't like it. It is just so different from everything I am used to.:giggle:

:laugh2: that is what Vista is ALMOST like. I'm not too big on Apple OS style (mouse & visually-intensive) but it has robust security and no-bullshit interface which is why the learning curve is very short.

I only love ONE thing about Vista - its Start Search feature.

Back